Guns don’t keep us safe.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by LilOlLady, Dec 27, 2012.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    GUNS DON’T KEEP US SAFE.
    The shooter’s mother had a stockpile of guns and no one of them keep her from being killed by one of them and 20 others. If she had not had guns in her home she and the other would be alive.
    If a shooter get to a classroom with a gun a teacher or a principal could not get to him before he kills some of the children. And a student with a gun can do the same thing. Secure the school and the classrooms. When was the last time some one broke into a prison and killed an inmate or an employee? We do whatever is necessary to keep our children safe but stupidity is not one of them. More children are killed in home by a family member or by accident than by strangers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,072
    With what...rainbows and kittens??

3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Witchcraft... hexes and spells, oh my!

That will do the trick.

Immie

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    I have guns in my house. If my son killed me using one of my guns it wouldn't be because the guns didn't protect me.

It would be because my son went nuts.

And that won't happen anytime soon because he isn't on ANY Prescription Medications.

5. PaulS1950

PaulS1950 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    That story of being less safe with a gun in the house has been proven wrong for years. I am surprised that people still use it. There are thousands of crimes stopped each year by homeowners with guns. There are fewer people accidentally killed with guns in the USA than die from bathroom falls. Most of the "kids" (age to 22 years old) that are counted as people killed are crooks killed by police or other gang members.
    What has happened in our schools recently is horrifying simply because our children ought to be safe when they are in school. Lets make them safe, put armed security in the schools. If you think that is a dumb idea then tell the president to lose the security guards that he has - they aren't necessary and tell your bank to get rid of their security guards - they aren't necessary. Tell Brady and Kennedy to get rid of their security guards - they aren't necessary. Tell your grocery store that they don't need that security guard and the stadiums where you watch sports that they don't need their guards.
    There are more banks in most towns than there are schools, how can it be too expensive to put security in place for our children? Give the kids a chance to grow up and be adults too.

6. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Prescription Medications has been the leading contributor to mass shootings. So it would appear Prescription Medications is what kills

7. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    We don't need gun control, but we do need crazy control.

Guns didn't prevent two people from being shoved into the path of oncoming trains. It didn't prevent a crazy from dousing a sleeping woman with alcohol and setting her on fire. One crazy person killed 27 people. The reality is that crazy people kill many many more than that every day.

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Adam Lanza wasn't on medication of any kind.

9. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    Try breaking into my house in the middle of the night, peckerhead.

10. emptystep

emptystep VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I find that hard to believe. Someone about to be committed was not currently on any medication?

There are at least two problems here. We as a society are going to have to find a way to deal with issues which may make some of the population incredibly rich but harm far too many others.

From School Shootings and Psychiatric Drugs
    CCHR's website documents that at least fourteen recent school shootings were committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs, resulting in 109 wounded and 58 killed. It also lists 22 international drug regulatory warnings that have been issued on psychiatric drugs causing side effects of mania, psychosis, aggression, hostility, violence and even homicidal ideation, yet there has never been a federal investigation into psychiatric drugs and acts of senseless violence.

Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) December 20, 2012
    The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), a mental health watchdog, is calling for a federal investigation into the link between psychiatric drug use, school shootings and other acts of senseless violence, calling the investigation long overdue, and citing the supporting evidence.

On Dec. 17th, the Los Angeles Times article, "Adam Lanza's family had kept a watchful eye on him," cited sources who say Lanza had been 'medicated' as early as age 10. WFSB Eyewitness News, a Connecticut CBS affiliate, reported on Dec. 19th in the article, "Adam Lanza underwent psych evaluations in years past," that Adam Lanza "had some disorders" and Eyewitness News learned that Lanza "did undergo some sort of psychiatric evaluation sometime within the past few years."