Gunny's Thread on Religion

You have to seperate the world from God. The world and what it does has nothing to do with your personal realtionship with Chirst. Anyone who has killed in the name of God has shamed himself because God does not require blood. The only blood that was needed was spilled on the cross with Christ.

Religion ;not God; is the single biggest tool in the devils bag of tricks. We as Christians where given the light that was Jesus's. We are to let it shine as an example to bring glory to the Father first and secondly to bring others to him. Church and religion have nothing to do with that.

We are supposed to assemble ourselves to worship our heavenly Father but it does not have to involve money or property or anything wordly.

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20.

Christianity and politics do not go together either. If you are a Christian then dont get an abortion, but no where in the bible does it say to protest openly and make a spectical of yourself. Go pray in your closet and your Father will reward you. If the school will not allow your children to pray in school then pray with children before school and teach them to keep Christ in their hearts and to give no heed to the world.

And as far as a debate on religion; its meaningless. There is no debate. Christ dies for our sins so that we may go to heaven. If you beileve him and allow him and his Father to abide in your heart then you will go to heaven. If you dont beileve what I tell you then I will pray for you but I am not going to beat you over the head with it. God gave us the freedom of will to go to heaven or hell.

If there is a GOD, he would end this bloody thread NOW, I beseech thee! No? Well that is all the proof I need.

Freedomlover,

re: “God does not send a person to hell.”

Perhaps not, but he does send them to the lake of fire. Revelation 20:15 - “And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.”

if religion works for you and it gives you inner peace helps you through the day,helps you through times of adversity and bad times....bless ya...go for it....i just dont like those who think because they believe in something and someone else may not,they are somehow better,and dont seem to mind letting those people know.....OR the religious zealots,who go WAY overboard with it,and carry it to the extreme....

I mostly agree. I don't like religious zealots anymore than I do anti-religion zealots. One believes in believing and one believes in disbelieving. I've heard a lot of arguments -- mostly dismissals and/or insults that disbelieving is not a belief.

I disagree. If you ACTIVELY are pushing your belief that there is no God, or whatever anyone worships, then it is a belief. One has to choose to believe or disbelieve. If one goes so far as to hate religion and have to say so, one most certainly is as ardent a zealot as a revival tent preacher.

I really don't care what others believe. My whole issue with the topic is that no one seems to be able to have a decent conversation about religion on this board without being attacked. Granted, we're pretty lax here, but as of late, this subforum has gotten completely out of control. This isn't the Flame Zone II.

sports & religion are nuts !

they have no meaning !

Whether you believe in god or not the bible is real and represents a history of mans relationship with God.I have never read the bible cover to cover or even got close to it. But once I realized the bible was about man not god it made for alot more interesting read. I mean common god made women from adams rib. If thats not the male ego shining right thru. How about they talk about slavery and its ok as long as its not your own people. Useing the lords name in vain and the male ego..

It is a very multifaceted book, even as cut ad it is. Why? Perhaps because of it's author(s). What I know, as a woman, there is not yet a book that has captivated me as it has... And no other author has come close to eliminating it for me. There are many amazing books and many amazing works, but to me and for me, those only prove the bible to be what it is... *he*arts* as *he*ads*

God does not send a person to hell....God wants every person to go to heaven.
If that was the case, we'd have no argument. Isn't it a fact that god does want to send people to hell who refuse to accept jesus?
The great news is that through Jesus our sin(s) can be forgiven...
I don't want my sins forgiven, I want to pay for them, just like I pay my bills. To me, accepting christianity is equivalent to declaring bankrupcy. I'll never even need to consider bankrupcy, because I don't borrow money so I have no debts. I'll gladly spend 3 days on the cross to pay for my sins.
God is a God of love. He is also a God of judgement.
You mean like "tough love"? The reason for tough love is to teach a child. What's there to teach once I've been sentenced to hell for eternity? I can defend how I've lived, I haven't been perfect but I've done the best I can, and that's all that can be asked or demanded. So I don't need christianity.

Religion is man made for power, and wealth. Christ is for iternal life abundant! We all belong in the lake of fire. I don't know how anyone can look at this world, and come to the conclusion that it is not by design; it escapes me. The difference between Christianity, and all other faiths is that in other faiths man beleives he can do something that makes him righteous. In Christiananity it is God that makes you righteous through faith in his grace.
It is apparant that non beleivers have contempt for beleivers most often. What they don't realize is it is the spirit of this world in them that hates God. God does not wish any should perish. He loves the sinner but hates the sin, and will eradicate it. I am sure he hates religion!

Forum List

Back