Gunny

Not true. My other mod is a centrist who I'm thinking about renaming "The Hammer" cuz if you screw with him, you're gone.

I choose the moderators here based on quite a few qualifications, their political beliefs not being one of them. I choose from members of the board because they have a vested interest. My other choice is to bring in some "mercs."

You know why I made the comment Gunny. I won't go into detail. But, if this was my board and a mod quit, that bridge would be burnt, and they wouldn't be allowed back.

Does "vested interest" mean they've donated money to the board?

You know why I made the comment Gunny. I won't go into detail. But, if this was my board and a mod quit, that bridge would be burnt, and they wouldn't be allowed back.

Does "vested interest" mean they've donated money to the board?

"Vested interest" has nothing to do with money. That's the owner's deal, if he even has one. The financial side is ALL his.

I can't make a statement like that in regard to the bridge being burnt. There's another member on this board who is a former mod that stepped down because mod and his posting style didn't work well together. He'd still be a consideration other than by his own choice.

If you've ever read some of the exchanges between Jillian and me on this board, you'd KNOW political orientation is NOT a qualification for being a mod.
If you ever saw some of the exchanges in private between us, you'd wonder why she puts up with the shit.

IMO, for someone who has never been a moderator before (besides a brief stint) she does just fine. First thing I did when I was made a mod on a board was go pick a fight with the pacifist, uber-liberal admin in a public forum. Shattered was the other admin and she almost had a freakin' stroke.:badgrin:

We had a difference of opinion that has since been resolved. Can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I didn't know Jillian had quit?...can't say I blame her due to some of the obscene flaming she's had to put up with from a few of the more pathetic, whining, thick bastards that post here.

You don't deserve her.

I didn't know Jillian had quit?...can't say I blame her due to some of the obscene flaming she's had to put up with from a few of the more pathetic, whining, thick bastards that post here.

You don't deserve her.

Yep, I find Jillian as one of the more informed, intelligent, reasonable posters on here. She ( I think she is a she!) makes her point without name calling and flaming.

How refreshing!

Yep, I find Jillian as one of the more informed, intelligent, reasonable posters on here. She ( I think she is a she!) makes her point without name calling and flaming.

How refreshing!

That's why she was a mod, unfortunately some of the more pathetic, childish posters here never managed to wrap their small minds around the 'novel' idea that a woman with differing opinions had mod staus here.

How refreshing!

"Without name calling and flaming?" Who in the FLYING FUCK do you think you're trying to kid here? She can insult "conservatives" with one wide stroke of her keyboard as well as ANYONE! So give me a FUCKING BREAK!

Last edited:
"Vested interest" has nothing to do with money. That's the owner's deal, if he even has one. The financial side is ALL his.

I can't make a statement like that in regard to the bridge being burnt. There's another member on this board who is a former mod that stepped down because mod and his posting style didn't work well together. He'd still be a consideration other than by his own choice.

If you've ever read some of the exchanges between Jillian and me on this board, you'd KNOW political orientation is NOT a qualification for being a mod.
If you ever saw some of the exchanges in private between us, you'd wonder why she puts up with the shit.

IMO, for someone who has never been a moderator before (besides a brief stint) she does just fine. First thing I did when I was made a mod on a board was go pick a fight with the pacifist, uber-liberal admin in a public forum. Shattered was the other admin and she almost had a freakin' stroke.:badgrin:

We had a difference of opinion that has since been resolved. Can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Well... I just thought with my considerable time in grade here, as it were, I've been here almost since day one on this board, that my request for mod consideration would have been met with more than utter silence. That's where I got the impression that when Jill was back on staff that position was reserved for a liberal, seeing as I don't fit that mold.

Well... I just thought with my considerable time in grade here, as it were, I've been here almost since day one on this board, that my request for mod consideration would have been met with more than utter silence. That's where I got the impression that when Jill was back on staff that position was reserved for a liberal, seeing as I don't fit that mold.

Met with silence? I can hear them laughing their asses off from here.

That's why she was a mod, unfortunately some of the more pathetic, childish posters here never managed to wrap their small minds around the 'novel' idea that a woman with differing opinions had mod staus here.

Calm down you freakin' lush. Jillian is a mod here. She resigned in protest over an issue. This issue was resolved and she agreed to continue on as a moderator.

Water under the bridge.

No offense, but having seen you as a Mod, I don't think you have the temperment for it... And that's just coming from someone who's known you for longer than you've been a member of THIS board...

I apologize for not responding to you. We were dealing with a bigger issue at the time and it slipped my mind. No disrespect was intended.

My opinion is that you would put yourself in the position Shogun did. He was a good mod, but he had to compromise his posting style in order to hold the position. In the end, he had to choose, and he chose his style over the position. I have nothing but respect for that decision because it's what he wanted.

Point is, you'd have to change yours and I don't think you'd like it. IIRC, you have quit as a mod before because your style was being cramped.

The moderator positions are not based on one's political ideology, and I have no affirmative action quotas going.

I apologize for not responding to you. We were dealing with a bigger issue at the time and it slipped my mind. No disrespect was intended.

My opinion is that you would put yourself in the position Shogun did. He was a good mod, but he had to compromise his posting style in order to hold the position. In the end, he had to choose, and he chose his style over the position. I have nothing but respect for that decision because it's what he wanted.

Point is, you'd have to change yours and I don't think you'd like it. IIRC, you have quit as a mod before because your style was being cramped.

The moderator positions are not based on one's political ideology, and I have no affirmative action quotas going.

Yeah I quit at DP because LN had a burning American flag avatar, and it pissed 90% of the board off, and mister bipolar wouldn't make her change it. Being a serviced connected disabled veteran of eight years myself, I couldn't stand with that decision, so yes, I stepped down. But as far as my posting style goes, you should have noticed Gunny, I'm WAAAAAAY more mellow than I used to be.... WAAAAAAY more. You can't reach through the monitor and choke some little sarcastic shit that's in desperate need of it, so why bother with all the bull shit talk? I'd rather slice 'em up with my wit these days, and leave them standing with their own crap all over their face. Makes them look like the shitty little bastards they really are.

Take this little idiot for an example...

Ravi said:
Met with silence? I can hear them laughing their asses off from here.

... makes my point perfectly clear.

Last edited:
No offense, but having seen you as a Mod, I don't think you have the temperment for it... And that's just coming from someone who's known you for longer than you've been a member of THIS board...

There was a day when you'd have been exactly right, but, I've changed dear... quit a bit. (Hell I'm even moving back to Wisconsin.) I've been blogging for over seven years now, and I've dome to realize there's really no reason to let anything any of these sarcastic little board shit stains says get to ya. Relax, post, and have fun... kind of like manu does.

Last edited:
There was a day when you'd have been exactly right, but, I've changed dear... quit a bit. (Hell I'm even moving back to Wisconsin.) I've been blogging for over seven years now, and I've dome to realize there's really no reason to let anything any of these sarcastic little board shit stains says get to ya. Relax, post, and have fun... kind of like manu does.

Ah, but if they didn't get to you, you wouldn't bother with the name-calling, and starting special threads for them..You'd stick to simple, unemotional facts (and no, "shit stain" is not "fact", no matter how much you believe it to be).

But like I said, it's merely my unimportant opinion stemming from having seen you both as a mod, and a non-mod over the course of what.. 5-6 years? there's really no difference, except as a mod, you tend to shout louder... (Demanding an avatar be changed or you're leaving isn't really the way to go on a freedom of speech board - there was a poll conducted, and it was unanimously decided that yes, her avatar sucked, yes, she as a poster sucked, and no it should NOT be removed simply because it didn't actually break any rules - it was just in poor taste, and that was a fair decision.)

Also, having seen your display of temper when things don't go your way...well... Remember, as an Admin, I banned you once. That didn't go so well for me. You left in a fury, and came back each night at 3am to make your "opinion" known.

It's not my call, since I'm not anything here, but I truly hope to never see you as a Mod here... You do much better when you can just post, leave, and come back at your own whim.

No. Got stuff to do. Drinking and accomplishing things don't work very well together.

It does if the accompishments I'm looking for are to get loaded, talk a lot of shit, fall down and not be able to get up.

Calm down you freakin' lush. Jillian is a mod here. She resigned in protest over an issue. This issue was resolved and she agreed to continue on as a moderator.

Water under the bridge.

Good:D

Ah, but if they didn't get to you, you wouldn't bother with the name-calling, and starting special threads for them..You'd stick to simple, unemotional facts (and no, "shit stain" is not "fact", no matter how much you believe it to be).

But like I said, it's merely my unimportant opinion stemming from having seen you both as a mod, and a non-mod over the course of what.. 5-6 years? there's really no difference, except as a mod, you tend to shout louder... (Demanding an avatar be changed or you're leaving isn't really the way to go on a freedom of speech board - there was a poll conducted, and it was unanimously decided that yes, her avatar sucked, yes, she as a poster sucked, and no it should NOT be removed simply because it didn't actually break any rules - it was just in poor taste, and that was a fair decision.)

Also, having seen your display of temper when things don't go your way...well... Remember, as an Admin, I banned you once. That didn't go so well for me. You left in a fury, and came back each night at 3am to make your "opinion" known.

It's not my call, since I'm not anything here, but I truly hope to never see you as a Mod here... You do much better when you can just post, leave, and come back at your own whim.

You're always right shattered... you do no wrong, you say no wrong... you want to dance on my face now... go fot it.

Last time I'll have your back...

Well, thanks for proving my point...I think. People get one shot to agree with you, and if that doesn't happen, the gloves come off as evidenced by your reply here, and your PM.

For the record, you've never "had my back", and I'm not sure where the confusion that you might stems from. We pretty much stay in our seperate corners and forget the other exists.

In any event, mine was simply my opinion based on your actions over the last few years. If you want to get that angry about it, that's up to you. That's just going to further solidify it; not change it, however.

Forum List

Back