Gun Wisdom

Um... where?

Background checks are a form of prior restraint.
Prior restraint is an infringement.
The right shall not be infringed.
Yeah, please don't check if somebody has just come out of the looney bin.
Your response does not negate the validity of my point.
Naw, hand them a peashooter as they walk out the gate....:cuckoo:
Straw, man.
:cuckoo:

It absolutely does. What you are trying to say is, that because you think your rights might be infringed that it better to allow loons to be armed than infringe on what you think might be lost.

To which I say "bollocks". The collective freedom and safety of the people (ie, not having to worry about somebody who is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic running around shooting folks) is more important than what you think you have 'lost'. If you think every Tom, Dick and ex-Felon should have a firearm, go live in Somalia.

Straw man my arse....it's a valid point and you know it. You want the Constitution of 1776 to apply? Go find a time machine and go live there. Times change, thus the amendment process to your constitution...

Don't worry, nobody wants to take your peashooter away from you, just those who don't have the mental wherewithall to be in control of one, or those that have shown in the past (ie ex felons) that they should never have a firearm...

In Britan, the numbers are climbing for people killed by knives. In the middle east and Africa, deaths can be from "explosions", machettes, stones, knives or guns. Kind of puts it in perspective, doesn't it?

It is? Links....
Stiffer knife sentences unveiled as deaths rise
People who carry knives will face tougher sentences of at least 18 hours of community work a week and curfews under new legislation to be unveiled by the government today.
Stiffer knife sentences unveiled as deaths rise | UK news | The Guardian

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAICK94wIVg]Deaths rise under knife crime scheme - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting link, but what it has to do with guns is anybody's guess....

It is? Links....
People who carry knives will face tougher sentences of at least 18 hours of community work a week and curfews under new legislation to be unveiled by the government today.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAICK94wIVg]Deaths rise under knife crime scheme - YouTube[/ame]

You want links to this statement
In Britan, the numbers are climbing for people killed by knives. In the middle east and Africa, deaths can be from "explosions", machettes, stones, knives or guns. Kind of puts it in perspective, doesn't it?
Don't act stupid when you get what you asked for.

What I asked for was perspective. If you had two brain cells to rub together you would not need it spelling out for you. So now it's spelt out for you....:cuckoo: Be my guest and answer if you're capable...

What I asked for was perspective. If you had two brain cells to rub together you would not need it spelling out for you. So now it's spelt out for you....:cuckoo: Be my guest and answer if you're capable...

No you didn't You wanted links now you have them you act stupid as if you that wasn't what you wanted. I am sure it isn't because it agrees with logical4u comment. Now move along before you burn out that last half of a brain cell you have left.

Yes, and there are several other factors you chooses to ignore. First off the US has a population greater then most of Europe. Secondly we have a true mixture of races. If you look at the gun deaths they are mainly among the black and hispanic races. This is not a racist statement it is merely a fact.

There was a well known study that compared gun deaths in Seatle vs gun deaths in Vancouver two decades ago. I don't remember the exact numbers but it was someting on the order of 75 in Seatle and 5 in Vancouver. When you subtract the deaths from hispanics and blacks the numbers were the same, 5 and 5.

Why the disparity? I don't know. But the fact remains there is tremendous racial stress that exhists in the US that doesn't exist in Europe. That manifests itself in gang violence (overwhelmingly involving black and hispanics) and sadly they resort to gun violence at the drop of a hat. Once again this is not meant to be a racist rant it is the presentation of factual data that you can obtain from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports.

It is? Links....

No you didn't You wanted links now you have them you act stupid as if you that wasn't what you wanted. I am sure it isn't because it agrees with logical4u comment. Now move along before you burn out that last half of a brain cell you have left.

It is? Links....

Just ask Logic next time he's around where all this is leading to...once we get there, maybe you can join back in the convo if you're up to it...

Just ask Logic next time he's around where all this is leading to...once we get there, maybe you can join back in the convo if you're up to it...

Just don't ask for links when you really don't want any.

And gives you the highest deaths via firearms in the Western World, too....

Correct.

Anyone who tries to make an argument in the context of guns and violence in the United States that there is no excessive gun violence is a fool, the facts are against him.

But that’s politics and social policy.

In the United States, as a matter of law, it’s a completely different issue.

Ok, tell me how you are more 'free' than I...in practical terms.

Correct again.

You have greater freedom from death and violence, you are free to walk the streets without fear.

Crime is on the rise in the UK, dramatically so. The citizens of the UK are not allowed to defend themselves. So nice to see that the government of the UK feels that the criminal element is more valuable then the citizens who actually work for a living.

Gun regulation should be handled universally at the federal level since its in the constitution.
Um... where?

Background checks are easy now. I'm pretty sure entering a SS# can give access to criminal and mental health records.
Background checks are a form of prior restraint.
Prior restraint is an infringement.
The right shall not be infringed.

Here, I disagree with you. Felons have no rights to own firearms unless they receive a relief of disablity to do so. Additionally, mentally insane people are prohibited from owning weapons for safety reasons. I hear you on the "not be infringed part" but I have no problem with background checks. So long as there is a penalty (like here in Nevada) for a felon trying to illegally buy a weapon.

Last edited:
And gives you the highest deaths via firearms in the Western World, too....

Correct.

Anyone who tries to make an argument in the context of guns and violence in the United States that there is no excessive gun violence is a fool, the facts are against him.

Ok, tell me how you are more 'free' than I...in practical terms.

Correct again.

You have greater freedom from death and violence, you are free to walk the streets without fear.

Crime is on the rise in the UK, dramatically so. The citizens of the UK are not allowed to defend themselves. So nice to see that the government of the UK feels that the criminal element is more valuable then the citizens who actually work for a living.

Fail

Latest stats show a very slight increase after 16 YEARS of falling stats..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/20/uk-crime-figures-fall-halted

Yes, and there are several other factors you chooses to ignore. First off the US has a population greater then most of Europe. Secondly we have a true mixture of races. If you look at the gun deaths they are mainly among the black and hispanic races. This is not a racist statement it is merely a fact.

There was a well known study that compared gun deaths in Seatle vs gun deaths in Vancouver two decades ago. I don't remember the exact numbers but it was someting on the order of 75 in Seatle and 5 in Vancouver. When you subtract the deaths from hispanics and blacks the numbers were the same, 5 and 5.

Why the disparity? I don't know. But the fact remains there is tremendous racial stress that exhists in the US that doesn't exist in Europe. That manifests itself in gang violence (overwhelmingly involving black and hispanics) and sadly they resort to gun violence at the drop of a hat. Once again this is not meant to be a racist rant it is the presentation of factual data that you can obtain from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports.

It is? Links....

Don't get out much do you? It has gotten so bad there a Dr. wishes to outlaw pointed kitchen knives.:lol::lol::lol: What a fool.

"One thing, though, seems clear enough. In February to April this year, the total number of recorded knife crime injuries for the whole of London went up from 941 to 1,070 compared with the previous three months. On Tuesday I reported that injured knife crime victims in the 13-24 aged group have increased by more than 30% during the period of Operation Blunt 2 and knife crimes of all kinds against the same age group by more than 20%. Whatever can be claimed in favour of Blunt 2, it cannot be said to have brought knife crime down. And if there's no clear link between more street searches and less knife crime, is the tactic really justified?"

As knife crime keeps rising in London, is stop and search really helping? | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Forum List

Back