Gun Trafficker caught without universal background check, she will serve no time in jail.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is the problem......actual gun criminals are not being put in jail for gun crimes....they get light sentences and then morons in the anti gun movement go after law abiding citizens with their gun control laws.....

Notice:

--the background check laws in Illinois did not catch her

--licensing gun owners would not catch her

--registering guns would not catch her...

how was she caught....they caught a criminal...who told them where he got the gun...........

Chicago police charge straw purchaser with four felonies

Mousheh also sold two guns, including a Glock 22, to a man she met on Facebook just days after legally buying the firearms. The man told police he had gang ties and was on probation for domestic battery charges. Law enforcement allege Mousheh knew about the man’s criminal background and inability to possess an FOID card, but sold the guns to him anyway. The man returned the Glock 22 to Mousheh, police said.

Mousheh was charged with two felony counts of illegal transfer of firearms and two felony counts of selling a firearm without a valid FOID, though law enforcement says she likely won’t face prison time.

“History has shown that these cases usually result in a plea of guilty in exchange for felony probation,” the department wrote in a statement released Wednesday. “Mousheh placed three semi-automatic firearms on the street, and was in possession of ammo that is capable of piercing a bullet proof vest.

Also, she admitted to buying a 50-round magazine for a Glock pistol.

The felony arrest is not expected to result in jail time, but will result in a permanent revocation of her FOID card.”

Illinois is one of a handful of states that requires possession of a FOID for all gun purchases and is considered to have some of the strictest gun control measures in the nation.

So you agree the system is working but we need to impose mandatory jail time right?

I will live with background checks at gun stores.....they do not require gun registration and give no excuse for gun registration...

and no...the current system does not work......the shooters in Chicago and in all major cities are not going through background checks to get their illegal guns to commit their murders......adding background checks to private sales will do nothing to effect this .......

I have advocated for long prison sentences as the only real solution to gun crime.....punish actual gun criminals with long prison sentences...in Japan, this policy has stopped the Yakuza from starting the next gang war....30 years scared even hardened Yakuza thugs from carrying and using guns....it would work here too....at the least...the gun criminal would be in jail for 30 years.....unlike the shooter at Millenium Park here in Chicago...multiple felony conviction for illegal gun possession...out on the streets and he murdered a man last weekend.......

So you agree the system is working but we need to impose mandatory jail time right?

I will live with background checks at gun stores.....they do not require gun registration and give no excuse for gun registration...

and no...the current system does not work......the shooters in Chicago and in all major cities are not going through background checks to get their illegal guns to commit their murders......adding background checks to private sales will do nothing to effect this .......

I have advocated for long prison sentences as the only real solution to gun crime.....punish actual gun criminals with long prison sentences...in Japan, this policy has stopped the Yakuza from starting the next gang war....30 years scared even hardened Yakuza thugs from carrying and using guns....it would work here too....at the least...the gun criminal would be in jail for 30 years.....unlike the shooter at Millenium Park here in Chicago...multiple felony conviction for illegal gun possession...out on the streets and he murdered a man last weekend.......
How many of the recent shooters had criminal records? How would stopping background checks keep them from killing many random strangers?

How many of the recent shooters had criminal records? How would stopping background checks keep them from killing many random strangers?

90% of gun murderers have criminal records which means they cannot buy, own or carry guns......the current Police Commissioner and the last one both stated that Chicago has a revolving door policy for illegal gun possession and that that is fueling gun murder....

How are background checks stopping them now? Considering that even when people are caught lying on the checks they are not being prosecuted?

90% of gun murderers have criminal records which means they cannot buy, own or carry guns......the current Police Commissioner and the last one both stated that Chicago has a revolving door policy for illegal gun possession and that that is fueling gun murder....

How are background checks stopping them now? Considering that even when people are caught lying on the checks they are not being prosecuted?
You didnt answer my question. Please reread my post.

Here is a challenge to you....when you see a shooting....follow the story and see if the shooter had a criminal record.....we aren't talking mass shooter here...most of the time they don't have any record....we are talking about street shootings.....

I did answer your question.....how are background checks stopping the gun murders in Chicago? I also stated that current background checks at gun stores are fine, but useless.....see, I can meet anti gunner like you in the middle...

502 gun murders in Chicago since the beginning of the year...how many of those shooters passed a background check for their gun?

HeyJackass!

I did answer your question.....how are background checks stopping the gun murders in Chicago? I also stated that current background checks at gun stores are fine, but useless.....see, I can meet anti gunner like you in the middle...
No you didnt answer my question. Please try again and refrain from babbling about other things until we get that question answered. Concentrate harder. I know you can do it.

No you didnt answer my question. Please try again and refrain from babbling about other things until we get that question answered. Concentrate harder. I know you can do it.

Again....502 gun murders in Chicago...how many of those shooters passed a background check to get their guns? That is my answer to your question....also...if the federal government is not prosecuting people lying on background checks.....why do you think they are so useful...

I know you are slow....as you are an anti gunner I expect that....but please try to think...

Tell me.....did this guy pass a background check to get his gun.....

This Week In Gun News: Rifle Homicides Drop, Man Arrested 39 Times Commits More Gun Crimes

Just How Many Gun Laws Does a Killer Break?

The Chicago Sun-Times recently released an editorial calling for more gun control. Not surprising there. But their first case calls for a closer look.

Paul Pagan is 32, and the definition of a career criminal. He’s been convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a stolen car, marijuana possession, two counts of pointing a firearm at someone, and reckless conduct. At the time Pagan allegedly committed a murder, there was a warrant for his arrest.

The Chicago Sun-Times notes Pagan “had been arrested 39 times.”

Mr. Pagan is barred from possessing firearms under federal law for being a fugitive, for his felony convictions, and as a drug user.

By picking up a gun, Pagan hits an 18 USC 922(g) trifecta (the first three items), and can get up to 30 years in the Federal slammer. But wait, there is more. The two counts of pointing a firearm at someone fall under a mandatory sentence enhancement under 18 USC 924(c)(1)(A). The “brandishing” enhancement is a mandatory seven years in the slammer. And now, Pagan also hits the “armed career criminal” and under 18 USC 924(e)(1) and gets a minimum 15-year sentence with no chance of parole or probation.

Is it any wonder why crime is up?

There are tools that could put thugs like Pagan away for a long time, yet they don’t get used.

Then the same folks who refuse to put away the bad guys then blame the NRA and law-abiding gun owners for bad things happening. I suppose that gun-grabbers figure we fit into some “basket of deplorables.”

Read more: This Week In Gun News: Rifle Homicides Drop, Man Arrested 39 Times Commits More Gun Crimes

Again....502 gun murders in Chicago...how many of those shooters passed a background check to get their guns? That is my answer to your question....also...if the federal government is not prosecuting people lying on background checks.....why do you think they are so useful...

I know you are slow....as you are an anti gunner I expect that....but please try to think...
You deflected again. Let me know when you want to address my question.

You deflected again. Let me know when you want to address my question.

I did, you don't like the truth of my answer...typical gun controller....

Forum List

Back