Gun Shows Ban Loaded Weapons To Promote 'A Safe Environment'

Probably due to the infamous incident a few years ago when an 8 - year old kid was allowed to handle a loaded UZI at a show and wound up shooting himself fatally.

It was a mini UZI. The kid was on a range with an "instructor" and wasn't strong enough to support a weapon with high cyclic rate and muzzle climb.

A tragedy that a few seem to revel in. I find that disgusting.

Are you saying gun owners are more prone to hiring lawyers than they are to standing their ground when someone shoots them? Do you have any proof that ThinkProgress' analysis is incorrect?---I'm not from MO but g'head and show me a link anyway.

You're kidding me, right? No one is this stupid. Dayamn!!!!!!

No link?
Okeydoke -- ThinkProgress hands you another can whoopass. -pewsh!-

You want me to link every convention center and arena in the country? Yeah right......
Only a clueless moron has no idea that liability policies are in place to protect the owners and insurance companies from lawsuits in the event that any accident might happen and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with actual safety. It has everything to do with protecting their money and property from potential lawsuits.
Only a clueless moron doesn't realize the venues claim it's for "safety" reasons as a PR move.

Last edited:
Probably due to the infamous incident a few years ago when an 8 - year old kid was allowed to handle a loaded UZI at a show and wound up shooting himself fatally.

It was a mini UZI. The kid was on a range with an "instructor" and wasn't strong enough to support a weapon with high cyclic rate and muzzle climb.

A tragedy that a few seem to revel in. I find that disgusting.

I don't see anybody "reveling" in that tragedy. What kind of idiot allows an 8-year old to handle a loaded weapon, let alone one of that type? I wasn't even allowed a BB-gun at that age. I got one when I was 10, and then a .22 when I was 12. My dad was an Army veteran and made me understand all the safety rules and was there to supervise and correct me.

CaféAuLait;6637870 said:
Probably for insurance purposes would be my guess.

And you would be 100% correct. It's a liability issue the venue owners are required to follow in order to keep their insurance and stay in business.

Insurance or safety...?

According to ThinkProgress-----According to a ThinkProgress analysis, 51 gun shows in January ban attendees from bringing loaded guns onto the premises. In addition, ThinkProgress was unable to identify a single gun show this month that explicitly allowed people, even those with concealed-carry permits, to bring a loaded weapon with them.

For every event, their stated rationale for not permitting loaded weapons in the gun show was simple: safety.

your first mistake....according to THINKPROGESS

So the gun nuts know enough not to trust each other.

What we know is not to trust you traitors to our rights and country

but as long as a woman has the RIGHT TO CHOSE to kill her own childern, all is good

WTF does abortion have to do with anything? Are you saying that gun rights are sacred, but women should give up their privacy rights? Big gov't is evil when it comes to guns, but we need big gov't to force women to be brood mares?

51 Upcoming Gun Shows Ban Loaded Weapons To Promote 'A Safe Environment'

If “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” as the NRA proclaimed in its post-Newtown press conference, why do so many gun shows prohibit attendees from carrying loaded firearms?

Crossroads Gun Show: Q: Can I carry a loaded gun in the gun show? I have a Concealed Carry Permit.​

A: We respectfully request that you do not bring any loaded firearm into the gun show. Safety is our Number One Priority, and a safe environment in the show can only be maintained if there are no loaded guns in the show.

State law probably requires it, what's your point?

CaféAuLait;6637870 said:
51 Upcoming Gun Shows Ban Loaded Weapons To Promote 'A Safe Environment'

If “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” as the NRA proclaimed in its post-Newtown press conference, why do so many gun shows prohibit attendees from carrying loaded firearms?

Crossroads Gun Show: Q: Can I carry a loaded gun in the gun show? I have a Concealed Carry Permit.​

A: We respectfully request that you do not bring any loaded firearm into the gun show. Safety is our Number One Priority, and a safe environment in the show can only be maintained if there are no loaded guns in the show.

Probably for insurance purposes would be my guess.

That to.

So the gun nuts know enough not to trust each other.

but as long as a woman has the RIGHT TO CHOSE to kill her own childern, all is good

WTF does abortion have to do with anything? Are you saying that gun rights are sacred, but women should give up their privacy rights? Big gov't is evil when it comes to guns, but we need big gov't to force women to be brood mares?

was I talking to you?
If not shut up

was I talking to you?
If not shut up

Sorry, didn't realize that Bush died and appointed you to be the decider of who can respond to a message board thread.

Forum List

Back