Gun Shows Ban Loaded Weapons To Promote 'A Safe Environment'

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
51 Upcoming Gun Shows Ban Loaded Weapons To Promote 'A Safe Environment'

If “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” as the NRA proclaimed in its post-Newtown press conference, why do so many gun shows prohibit attendees from carrying loaded firearms?

Crossroads Gun Show: Q: Can I carry a loaded gun in the gun show? I have a Concealed Carry Permit.​

A: We respectfully request that you do not bring any loaded firearm into the gun show. Safety is our Number One Priority, and a safe environment in the show can only be maintained if there are no loaded guns in the show.

If “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” as the NRA proclaimed in its post-Newtown press conference, why do so many gun shows prohibit attendees from carrying loaded firearms?

Crossroads Gun Show: Q: Can I carry a loaded gun in the gun show? I have a Concealed Carry Permit.​

A: We respectfully request that you do not bring any loaded firearm into the gun show. Safety is our Number One Priority, and a safe environment in the show can only be maintained if there are no loaded guns in the show.

Probably for insurance purposes would be my guess.

Oh bullshit. It's the VENUES that ban loaded firearms, not the event promoters. When the NRA has their conventions, they allow conceal carry holders access UNLESS the venue has restricted it. It's the venue's property, it's their right.

Then there's the fact that gun shows are about OTHER PEOPLE handling firearms. Very different from a licensed conceal carry owner, who will NEVER draw his firearm and hand it to someone else. People go to these shows to buy and sell firearms, so it makes sense to ensure they're unloaded.

Don't be stupid.

If you don't know how to determine if a weapon is loaded and you are unfamiliar with any saftey devices for that weapon THEN YOU SHOULDN'T PICK IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Find someone familiar with it to SHOW YOU!

Insurance.. safety in crowds.. people bumping in to each other... kids in the crowd too...

And you know.. they have the freedom to make that choice at their own event... or on their own property

CaféAuLait;6637870 said:

And you would be 100% correct. It's a liability issue the venue owners are required to follow in order to keep their insurance and stay in business.

CaféAuLait;6637870 said:

And you would be 100% correct. It's a liability issue the venue owners are required to follow in order to keep their insurance and stay in business.

Insurance or safety...?

According to ThinkProgress-----According to a ThinkProgress analysis, 51 gun shows in January ban attendees from bringing loaded guns onto the premises. In addition, ThinkProgress was unable to identify a single gun show this month that explicitly allowed people, even those with concealed-carry permits, to bring a loaded weapon with them.

For every event, their stated rationale for not permitting loaded weapons in the gun show was simple: safety.

CaféAuLait;6637870 said:

Insurance or safety...?

According to ThinkProgress-----According to a ThinkProgress analysis, 51 gun shows in January ban attendees from bringing loaded guns onto the premises. In addition, ThinkProgress was unable to identify a single gun show this month that explicitly allowed people, even those with concealed-carry permits, to bring a loaded weapon with them.

For every event, their stated rationale for not permitting loaded weapons in the gun show was simple: safety.

You continue to be highly dis-ingenious. People are passing firearms back and fourth at a gun show. OF COURSE they need to unloaded. Stop pretending there's some hypocrisy when there isn't. You look foolish.

CaféAuLait;6637870 said:

Insurance or safety...?

It's insurance requirements thanks to our ever present, money hungry tort lawyers who would sue God for someone suffering a hang nail if they could get away with it.

Insurance or safety...?

It's insurance requirements thanks to our ever present, money hungry tort lawyers who would sue God for someone suffering a hang nail if they could get away with it.

Are you saying gun owners are more prone to hiring lawyers than they are to standing their ground when someone shoots them? Do you have any proof that ThinkProgress' analysis is incorrect?---I'm not from MO but g'head and show me a link anyway.

Gosh. You work so hard to prove all gun owners are dangerous crackpots, and just look, there they go acting all responsible-like during a gun show. So you had to work even harder to find a way to turn that around into a bad thing.

Very funny.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ptFVq22PY]Gun Control explained - YouTube[/ame]

red_herring2.gif

What else do you expect them to say? "These jackasses that run this building are bitching about insurance and shit, so no load pieces"?

Insurance or safety...?

Are you saying gun owners are more prone to hiring lawyers than they are to standing their ground when someone shoots them? Do you have any proof that ThinkProgress' analysis is incorrect?---I'm not from MO but g'head and show me a link anyway.

You're kidding me, right? No one is this stupid. Dayamn!!!!!!

You're kidding me, right? No one is this stupid. Dayamn!!!!!!

No link?
Okeydoke -- ThinkProgress hands you another can whoopass. -pewsh!-

Probably due to the infamous incident a few years ago when an 8 - year old kid was allowed to handle a loaded UZI at a show and wound up shooting himself fatally.

8-Yr-Old Boy Shoots Self at Gun Show - ABC News

Probably due to the infamous incident a few years ago when an 8 - year old kid was allowed to handle a loaded UZI at a show and wound up shooting himself fatally.

It was a mini UZI. The kid was on a range with an "instructor" and wasn't strong enough to support a weapon with high cyclic rate and muzzle climb.

Forum List

Back