Gun Salute Question

Joz

Mar 9, 2004
When I was driving home today I passed a cemetary. There was a small group of elderly American Legion veterans lined up in there dress uniforms, white gloves and rifles. My what an impressive sight!
I'm assuming they were going to be giving their departed brother-in-arms a gun salute. What is used to to this? Surely it isn't live ammunition. I mean, the bullets have to land somewhere.

Joz said:
When I was driving home today I passed a cemetary. There was a small group of elderly American Legion veterans lined up in there dress uniforms, white gloves and rifles. My what an impressive sight!
I'm assuming they were going to be giving their departed brother-in-arms a gun salute. What is used to to this? Surely it isn't live ammunition. I mean, the bullets have to land somewhere.
blanks

Thank you, Gentlemen.
I assumed that's what it was, but then I tho't they might use something else.

They did gun salutes at the Naval Academy while I was there, though we didn't have a high enough level dignitary to merit a 21 gun salute. They did them with 6 inch cannons. Yeah, they used blanks...blanks that could be heard for several miles...and it looked really cool.

Forum List

Back