Gun safety that a pro gun person can believe in....

Perhaps if gun handling and safety was a mandatory course in school we would be much safer. If we taught them how to handle a gun safely at least they would have the knowledge whether they ever wanted to buy a gun or not.

Perhaps if gun handling and safety was a mandatory course in school we would be much safer. If we taught them how to handle a gun safely at least they would have the knowledge whether they ever wanted to buy a gun or not.

The NRA already has the Eddie Eagle gun safety program....but try to get it taught in most schools...

I think that basic gun safety should be taught alongside fire safety in all public schools...and all it would need to convey was the 4 basics from the NRA program...

If kids find a gun, where ever they are....they are taught...

1) stop
2) don't touch
3) leave the room/area
4) find a responsible adult...

The problem...the anti gunners....they will fight to keep any program that teaches kids anything about guns out of the schools...even if it means not teaching them how to behave safely around guns....

Who cares about dead kids?

Anyone who supports 2A rights also supports gun safety education.
Those that oppose 2A rights appose gun safety being taught to those who need it the most - people who know nothing about it.
Indeed, those that oppose 2A rights most often see "gun safety" as a means to further restrict the right of the people.

The problem...the anti gunners....they will fight to keep any program that teaches kids anything about guns out of the schools...even if it means not teaching them how to behave safely around guns....

Who cares about dead kids?

Sad, but true. I have always been amazed at how some folks swear that sex education in schools doesn't promote sexual activity, but gun safety courses encourage kids to misuse firearms. I guess they have their minds made up and don't want facts to get in the way.

Forum List

Back