Gun question

If it was a double action revolver it doesn't matter

I believe the OP was talking about a semi auto pistol. But, yes a DA revolver advances the cylinder when you pull the trigger. A semi auto would require the slide to be cycled prior to firing if there were no round in the chamber.

Good points. Our gunny used to say.... After your M-16 jams, and it will, all you have is a 7.5 pound club

-Geaux

Yep. I go to great lengths to avoid any impediment to my putting the gun into action other than a concealment garment (jacket, Shirt, etc...)

iIn the gravest extreme there is no time to try and remember to unsnap the thumbbreak, release the holster stop, get the perfect grip to deactivate the grip safety and press down the manual safety. Something will go wrong or be forgotten. I will not take that chance.

I carry a CZ-75 9MM, semi auto with a round chambered, and the hammer on half cock as it is designed to be safely carried that way. It is always holstered, even when on my nightstand. It is DA/SA so can be fired in that condition. It can also be carried cocked, and locked for a SA first shot if you so desire. I don't want to have to think, or do something to bring the pistol into action if needed.

I carry a CZ-75 9MM, semi auto with a round chambered, and the hammer on half cock as it is designed to be safely carried that way. It is always holstered, even when on my nightstand. It is DA/SA so can be fired in that condition. It can also be carried cocked, and locked for a SA first shot if you so desire. I don't want to have to think, or do something to bring the pistol into action if needed.
I carry my 1911 cocked and locked and have practiced a million times pulling it and thumbing the safety down as I aim. When I carry my 357 I treat it like a mouse. Point and click.

I carry my 1911 cocked and locked and have practiced a million times pulling it and thumbing the safety down as I aim. When I carry my 357 I treat it like a mouse. Point and click.

If I had a dollar for every 1911 manual safety I’ve seen malfunction, I’d have bought my house in cash. I won’t take that chance. I even have the magazine disconnect safety removed from the few guns I have that came with them

If I had a dollar for every 1911 manual safety I’ve seen malfunction, I’d have bought my house in cash. I won’t take that chance. I even have the magazine disconnect safety removed from the few guns I have thst cane with them.
Both my 1911's have never had any malfunction of any kind, but I have had two Glocks that did. Anything can break or malfunction.

I've never had problems with any 1911 either, and I have, or have had several. Mostly Colts, and Springfield. As with any mechanical device part of using it is clearing malfunctions, but again, I don't keep any firearm that is unreliable. Most modern, semi auto pistols are extremely reliable.

Forum List

Back