Gun question

I keep a round chambered because in a seconds notice you dont have the time to pull that action and have it ready. Here is a video proving it.

Yes, but that is not what I asked.

The POLICE will consider the weapon loaded whether the bullet is chambered or not, if that is what you are referring to?

No, I am asking if in general, people say a gun is loaded even though it has no round in the chamber.

Yes, it is loaded.

Think of it this way, the old Colt single actions were unsafe to carry with 6 rounds in them. So they were usually carried with an empty chamber under the hammer. If a semi-auto with a full magazine and no cartridge in the chamber is unloaded, then so is a single action revolver with an empty chamber under the hammer.

Or another way to look at it, if you need to use the aemi-auto, do you have to load it? Or just chamber a round?

No, all you have to do to shoot the s/a revolver is cock the hammer and pull the trigger. So it is loaded. Not the pistol.

All you have to do to the pistol is pull the slide back.

Loaded v. Unloaded is not about what you do to make it fire. It is about whether the gun has ammunition in it.

If you have a full magazine in the pistol, and say it is unloaded, how do you load the pistol?

The POLICE will consider the weapon loaded whether the bullet is chambered or not, if that is what you are referring to?
No, I am asking if in general, people say a gun is loaded even though it has no round in the chamber.

Yes, it is loaded.

Think of it this way, the old Colt single actions were unsafe to carry with 6 rounds in them. So they were usually carried with an empty chamber under the hammer. If a semi-auto with a full magazine and no cartridge in the chamber is unloaded, then so is a single action revolver with an empty chamber under the hammer.

Or another way to look at it, if you need to use the aemi-auto, do you have to load it? Or just chamber a round?
No, all you have to do to shoot the s/a revolver is cock the hammer and pull the trigger. So it is loaded. Not the pistol.

Loaded v. Unloaded is not about what you do to make it fire. It is about whether the gun has ammunition in it.

If you have a full magazine in the pistol, and say it is unloaded, how do you load the pistol?

Maybe Mike’s pistol self identifies as unloaded. You know. The way Mike self identifies as a man.

Yes, it is loaded.

Not the same way that cocking a revolver rotates a round where pulling the trigger will fire it.

Yes, it is loaded.

Maybe Mike’s pistol self identifies as unloaded. You know. The way Mike self identifies as a man.
Trolls gotta troll.

Yes, it is loaded.

Not the same way that cocking a revolver rotates a round where pulling the trigger will fire it.

Not what I asked.

Ok, the trolls have taken over see ya girls.

Tell what you think. Is a pistol with a fully loaded magazine locked in place but no round in the chamber considered loaded? I say no, it's unloaded.
I keep a round chambered because in a seconds notice you dont have the time to pull that action and have it ready. Here is a video proving it.

Double action with one in the pipe,hammer down and safety off.

Tell what you think. Is a pistol with a fully loaded magazine locked in place but no round in the chamber considered loaded? I say no, it's unloaded.
Did you get busted for truck hunting again?
Bagged one.

iu

every weapon is considered/should be considered ''loaded''

That philosophy is essential for 'safety', but it is useless, for operational readiness.

It is decidedly unsafe to have a firearm that takes several seconds to make ready if you need to react to a threat in real time.

Just to complicate the picture a little more, many popular duty weapons, like the Glock, the M&P, and the PPQ are 'hammerless'. They have no external cocking lever so are carried in Condition 0, loaded, chambered, and cocked, with no safety, in order to be drawn to meet a threat.

If you carry them in condition 2 - uncocked, you must rack the slide to cock them and that ejects the chambered round.

Most police departments that extensively use Glocks or similar designs regularly carry in Condition 0. When you carry like that, it is essential that you have a retention holster that would prevent a stray finger from getting inside the trigger guard. My safariland retention holster has a large enough gap that you can pull the trigger even inside the holster if you deliberately attempt it.

So, in training, when someone makes a grab for your firearm, which does happen, you cover as much of he holster as you can with both hands to prevent getting a finger inside as well as defeating the retention features.

You then use your body weight back and forth to break the attacker's grip on the holster. At that point, you can deploy an option if you need to.

ALL guns are loaded ALL of the time, no matter if there is ammunition in them, or not.

ALL guns are loaded ALL of the time, no matter if there is ammunition in them, or not.

I swear I was dry firing mine and nothing happened!

View attachment 230457

The revolver round, .357 has nearly twice the kinetic energy of a 9MM. Half again as much as a .45 ACP. Why would you want a less powerful handgun?

Pennsylvania man kills 679-pound male black bear at 5 yards with .357 handgun: report
Not all kinetic energy is good energy. If you shoot the .357 into a guy who is all doped up, when the bullet goes though him he keeps on coming at you. With a .45 the impact of the bullet is enough to knock the person down. Some of my Air Force supers said that in North Vietnam, the .556 would go through the Vietcong, who were so doped up, that even after 20 rounds they kept coming until around the 20 yard mark with then the .45 well placed finally brought the gook down...

Forum List

Back