Gun Owners fight back against totalitarian gun ban passed in Illinois town

You're probably right....I agree. It will end up in the SCOTUS.

Good thinking.

Glad to see some push back. it needs to be supported with MILLIONS of responsible gun owners taking to the streets to demand our rights be protected and to counter the Commie Pigs wanting to disarm Americans.

Here and there, there are few signs of hope this may be beginning. We'll see.

Illinois town faces lawsuit after semi-automatic weapons ban

We all knew it was bound to happen. More than likely will end up at Supreme Court because we all should know how libtarded Illinois is and I don't expect much common sense from any of their courts.

I feel sorry for people living there. Many people have massive investments in these sorts of firearms, along with the ammunition they use, safes to keep them in, etc., (not to mention gun retailers) and 2 months is very little time requiring an almost immediate effort to sell all this stuff quickly for a huge loss to meet the deadline, and obviously, the town ship has shown in its unanimous decision a great hostility and contempt towards its own citizens and I believe the township will ultimately lose. I just wonder, if someone were found just a month late in meeting the deadline, do they really expect to collect $30,000 per gun? These are stiffer penalties than many heinous criminals face! Wouldn't it be funny if it were some high official or prominent figure found in violation of the law. I have a real issue with exempting ex-cops. Then what would they do, put the person in prison, cost him his home? And for what, because overnight they decided on an arbitrary and draconian ban on an item that is legal across the country and protected by the Bill of Rights? I knew Liberals were insane and now they are showing the depths of their depravity.

We all knew it was bound to happen. More than likely will end up at Supreme Court because we all should know how libtarded Illinois is and I don't expect much common sense from any of their courts.
Why would it end up in the Supreme Court when not all guns are banned?
Because Illinois in general has no common sense so I DOUBT their courts do either and will just approve of this gun ban...

Yup, the town I work in has just banned rifles. So now we can not defend ourselves from the constant barrage of all the SouthSide of Chicago criminals coming north to rob and steal.

it may just be the fact that local government doesn't have the ability to regulate firearms to this level, and the State or County is the only level of government that could do this.

Home rule in a local government flows DOWN from the State constitution, executive, and legislature, not the other way around.

Before some tool goes off on a musket rant, they had cannons when the Founders wrote the 2nd Amendment and they didn't restrict them.

They cannot effectively legislate against the criminals so why not exercise it against gun owners in general? Legislative 'dog kicking'.

They are infringing on our right. Bit by bit until the right is gone. Cities will determine what you can and can not have and punish you if you disagree. Banks and credit cards will stop you from buying a gun using your debit card. Taxing ammo to the hilt. Gov. passing laws and restrictions on who is allowed to own a gun.
The UN needs us unarmed before they take over...

You're probably right....I agree. It will end up in the SCOTUS.

Good thinking.

Glad to see some push back. it needs to be supported with MILLIONS of responsible gun owners taking to the streets to demand our rights be protected and to counter the Commie Pigs wanting to disarm Americans.

Here and there, there are few signs of hope this may be beginning. We'll see.
If there is a sufficient number of Deerfield citizens who are pissed off about this ban it would be very productive for a large number of those legislators who voted for this ban to be removed.

it may just be the fact that local government doesn't have the ability to regulate firearms to this level, and the State or County is the only level of government that could do this.

Home rule in a local government flows DOWN from the State constitution, executive, and legislature, not the other way around.
Local jurisdictions can implement measures as long as they don't directly conflict with existing state statutes, I believe.

They are infringing on our right. Bit by bit until the right is gone. Cities will determine what you can and can not have and punish you if you disagree. Banks and credit cards will stop you from buying a gun using your debit card. Taxing ammo to the hilt. Gov. passing laws and restrictions on who is allowed to own a gun.
This is where you folks have gone wrong. Instead of joining the debate sensibly to influence measures that you feel will work, you all keep jumping to this conspiratorial garbage that of course no one can prove is wrong, because it has never happened and never will. But hey, it sends gun owners into a tizzy and that's just as good, huh?

Local jurisdictions can implement measures as long as they don't directly conflict with existing state statutes, I believe.

Nope. The relation between the State government and whatever local government it allows comes from the State constitution. Some powers the State keeps for themselves, others it delegates to the lower government levels, which can then delegate further (again as per the State constitution, or by State law)

So in NY you have counties and then towns (divisions of a county) as two main units of local government, with Cities as a further layer of government. As for gun laws, I think outside of Cities the State maintains power over gun laws.

Divisions of towns, hamlets, villages, etc are much more restricted in what they can or cannot do, unlike counties and towns.

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be
infringed.
(Source: Illinois Constitution.)

The police power should be, mustering volunteers who choose to own those restricted weapons.

True, but Chicago has proved how ineffective these laws are.

True, but Chicago has proved how ineffective these laws are.
Yet Deerfield does not, supposedly, have gang wars going on in some of their neighborhoods, so it may work just fine. What were their goals? It didn't say in the article.

Yup, the town I work in has just banned rifles. So now we can not defend ourselves from the constant barrage of all the SouthSide of Chicago criminals coming north to rob and steal.

I agree and before long the lonely people in Illinois with guns will be the criminals.

New Topics

Forum List

Back