Gun Owners - At Least 100 Million Strong

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the agency responsible for running the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), has announced the completion of the 100 millionth instant background check since the inception of NICS 10 years ago.

FBI background checks are required under federal law for all individuals purchasing firearms from federally licensed retailers. These checks help ensure that those prohibited by law from possessing firearms do not acquire them, and the checks further serve as a strong indicator of actual sales.

The NICS 100 millionth transaction corresponds with a 27.1 percent increase in firearm sales for the first quarter of 2009 over the same quarter last year.

FBI Background Checks for Firearm Purchases Hit 100 Million

That was me. I bought a new gun last week.:cool:

I haven't bought one lately, but if I did, it surely wouldn't be registered. Just look at a local buy/sell/trade board for my area... MWT... and look at all the guns for sale, most all of which is private citizens selling to other private citizens, none of which requires a background check. I'd strongly suggest people buy their firearms that way. Then, when and if the man ever decides to disarm America, there won't be any record of them under your roof.

Last edited:
They arrest you for First Degree Murder and illegal Possession of a
Firearm. When you talk to your attorney, he tells you not to worry:
authorities will probably plea the case down to manslaughter.

"What kind of sentence will I get?" you ask.

"Only ten-to-twelve years," he replies, as if that's nothing. "Behave
yourself, and you'll be out in seven."

This would be my last day on earth if I lived in that country.
The cops would show up and we would shoot it out. Myself and many of us have guns that were purchased long before background checks as well as some of my Grandfathers that were never registered (died in 1964 at age of 84 also taught me how to hunt)

Cities should be under Marshall law anyway as this is a breeding ground for our worst violators of gun rights.

Gun Owners - At Least 100 Million Strong

I can see it now... When the government decides to confiscate our weapons, they'll just open their little database and be able to see exactly who has a gun, what type and how many.

They won't get everyone (or every gun). There are places you can buy handguns and not go into the database.

Aaah ... but most of those are illegal and would exist with or without bans ....

I can see it now... When the government decides to confiscate our weapons, they'll just open their little database and be able to see exactly who has a gun, what type and how many.

They won't get everyone (or every gun). There are places you can buy handguns and not go into the database.

Aaah ... but most of those are illegal and would exist with or without bans ....

Perhaps in some cases. But I can guarantee the guns I purchase this way - none of them are illegal.

Forum List

Back