Gun owner saves mother and daughter from being murdered by the husband..defensive gun use....

So? Stay in the UK. We don't want any more of your "kind" here, freedom hating Brit!
Freedom to shoot up schools ?

Freedom to use the finest weaponry available for defense, for target shooting, for hunting, etc. Sorry, law abiding American citizens are not responsible for the actions of the insane. Just like ALL Muslims are not responsible for the actions of the insane terrorists, right Brit? :D
More kids are going to die then.

I know because all the gun control measures used instead of dealing with the actual issues of WHY do these people want to kill a bunch of sitting ducks in a gun free zone with absolutely NO way to defend themselves? Notice they usually don't go after people in NON gun free zones? As we all know, crazy people and criminals tend to IGNORE laws and do what they want to do.
No, its because you have a sick gun culture.

Lol! Too funny! That would be the simpleton response one would expect from you. Perfect. :113:

So? Stay in the UK. We don't want any more of your "kind" here, freedom hating Brit!

Freedom to use the finest weaponry available for defense, for target shooting, for hunting, etc. Sorry, law abiding American citizens are not responsible for the actions of the insane. Just like ALL Muslims are not responsible for the actions of the insane terrorists, right Brit? :D

I know because all the gun control measures used instead of dealing with the actual issues of WHY do these people want to kill a bunch of sitting ducks in a gun free zone with absolutely NO way to defend themselves? Notice they usually don't go after people in NON gun free zones? As we all know, crazy people and criminals tend to IGNORE laws and do what they want to do.

My right to keep the weapon that best serves my needs is not any less important than another person's right to practice their religion.

My right to keep the weapon that best serves my needs is not any less important than another person's right to practice their religion.
It sounds like it is your religion.

Meanwhile another gun owner slaughtered 17 kids in their school.

Let's forget about the methods for a moment and compare some real statistics. Any comparison between the FBI murder rates for the US and Home Office murder rates for the UK is utterly meaningless.

Homicide stats for the UK have traditionally come from reports from the Home Office, which tallies murders according to a completely different system than ours The crucial difference is that a murder’s existential status only depends on a conviction, not a body and evidence of foul play. So think of how many murders go unsolved in your country, and it will become clear that your Home Office’s numbers are woefully low.

The Crime Survey which is conducted by your Office for National Statistics, is based entirely on interviews with individuals, not law enforcement data. Several observers have predicted that the real murder rate in the UK is in reality, double or higher than the reported rate, or possibly even up to five times greater. This should leave you concerned.

You people had a ban on handguns in 1997. Since that time, what has actually happened is that the reported rates of both gun-enabled and knife-enabled crimes have both increased since then. It’s not hard to imagine why: Any punk on the street can now make easy money with the certainty that his victims won’t be armed.
Um, ok. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
It's true

House of Commons - Home Affairs - Appendices to the Minutes of Evidence

Part II Paragraph 35

Since 1967, homicide figures for England and Wales have been adjusted to exclude any cases which do not result in conviction, or where the person is not prosecuted on grounds of self defence or otherwise.

And more than 60,000 people die from illegal drug use each year. I don't hear you yammering on about that! That's because it's not the LIVES you actually care about.
Legalise your drugs. Tax them and use the money to fund programmes to help the addicted. Addiction is a sickness not a crime.
I agree with legalizing all drugs but addiction is not a disease

And more than 60,000 people die from illegal drug use each year. I don't hear you yammering on about that! That's because it's not the LIVES you actually care about.
they usually die because of THEIR OWN decisions----murder victims are MURDERED--they don't want to die!!
bad analogy

Meanwhile another gun owner slaughtered 17 kids in their school.

Let's forget about the methods for a moment and compare some real statistics. Any comparison between the FBI murder rates for the US and Home Office murder rates for the UK is utterly meaningless.

Homicide stats for the UK have traditionally come from reports from the Home Office, which tallies murders according to a completely different system than ours The crucial difference is that a murder’s existential status only depends on a conviction, not a body and evidence of foul play. So think of how many murders go unsolved in your country, and it will become clear that your Home Office’s numbers are woefully low.

The Crime Survey which is conducted by your Office for National Statistics, is based entirely on interviews with individuals, not law enforcement data. Several observers have predicted that the real murder rate in the UK is in reality, double or higher than the reported rate, or possibly even up to five times greater. This should leave you concerned.

You people had a ban on handguns in 1997. Since that time, what has actually happened is that the reported rates of both gun-enabled and knife-enabled crimes have both increased since then. It’s not hard to imagine why: Any punk on the street can now make easy money with the certainty that his victims won’t be armed.
Um, ok. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

"Um ok"?

I would expect that a British subject would be a little more informed of the laws of his own country.

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Legalise your drugs. Tax them and use the money to fund programmes to help the addicted. Addiction is a sickness not a crime.

What? So we can end up as screwed up as your country is?

No thanks.

drugs are illegal.

The thing is, we treat addiction like a criminal problem instead of a medical one, which is why we have so many unnecessary deaths.

The things that would reduce that number are things I support, but the public doesn't.

The public supports gun control. It's just the fanatics at the National Rampage Association that keep that from happening. So we have school shooting and church shootings and theater shootings.

Forum List

Back