"Gun Nuts" ???

Aren't we talking about a group of people?

RW you know what i mean....a small group within a larger group.......

What if the WHOLE COUNTRY decides that gun violence is becoming untenable and agrees to change our laws. Are you entitled to resort to violence if you disagree?

now if this whole Country thought this and we are all basically on the same page?.....im sure there would be very little opposition to change those laws.....and those violent objectors your talking about......would then become a very very small part of the whole.....

The answer is simply this

The Constitution has given the citizens of this country a powerful weapon. It is not the weapons delineated in the second amendment but the weapon provided by the vote. In 235 years, that weapon has brought down the powerful and near powerful. It has been used to swing political ideologies and strike down unpopular dictates

While gun owners may cling to their weapons for political comfort against a despot government, REAL AMERICANS use their vote and their first amendment rights of assembly and a free press to keep government in check

A vote isn't going to keep some asshole from breaking into my house and raping my wife

But this will

Springfield%20XD%20in%2045-ACP.jpg

and this

Arsenal-SGL12-Semi-Auto-Saiga-12-Gauge-Shotgun.jpg

and this

22119-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Try to keep up with the thread...its not too hard

We are not talking self defense

Something that never gets discussed when it comes to gun ownership but is a big factor.
The absolute COOLNESS of a fine made firearm.
I can understand why a women might not find that appealing. But guys are more in to mechanical things.
When I look at gun I look at how it's made, attention to detail.
What kind of cool shit is hanging off it such as a thirty round clip,nights sights maybe a flash suppressor or even a silencer.

It's a guy thing. Not a "I'm going to go out and massacre people thing"
No different then a badass car or truck.
And there is that 2nd amendment thing.

The answer is simply this

The Constitution has given the citizens of this country a powerful weapon. It is not the weapons delineated in the second amendment but the weapon provided by the vote. In 235 years, that weapon has brought down the powerful and near powerful. It has been used to swing political ideologies and strike down unpopular dictates

While gun owners may cling to their weapons for political comfort against a despot government, REAL AMERICANS use their vote and their first amendment rights of assembly and a free press to keep government in check

A vote isn't going to keep some asshole from breaking into my house and raping my wife

But this will

Springfield%20XD%20in%2045-ACP.jpg

and this

Arsenal-SGL12-Semi-Auto-Saiga-12-Gauge-Shotgun.jpg

and this

22119-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Try to keep up with the thread...its not too hard

We are not talking self defense

Self defense is the only reason needed when idiots like you want to ban weapons.

Something that never gets discussed when it comes to gun ownership but is a big factor.
I can understand why a women might not find that appealing. But guys are more in to mechanical things.
What kind of cool shit is hanging off it such as a thirty round clip,nights sights maybe a flash suppressor or even a silencer.

Same reason smoking is so popular

Only in your mind.
Just because you're into shoes and makeup doesnt mean the rest of us are.

Only in your mind.

You only want a gun so you can hang out with the cool kids

I love it when liberals use the term gun nuts... It's going to be a big surprise to them when they discover how many gun owners there really are come election time.

I beg your pardon sir...The fairer sex is just as appreciative of a fine gun as any man.

In fact, I believe I speak for most ladies when I say that I prefer a man with a big gun.

If you own guns and like to hunt..... you are not a gun nut
If you own guns for self protection....you are not a gun nut
If you own guns for trap and target shooting....you are not a gun nut
If you collect unique and antique weapons.......you are not a gun nut

If you stockpile guns and ammunition for the coming armegeddon.......you ARE a gun nut
If you fear the government and arm yourself to take up arms against your country.....you ARE a gun nut
If you are willing to kill to protect your guns.........you ARE a gun nut

Oh, well, that settles it.. the final arbiter has spoken.

:lol:

Nope....you will have to work harder to be a gun nut

If you own guns and like to hunt..... you are not a gun nut
If you own guns for self protection....you are not a gun nut
If you own guns for trap and target shooting....you are not a gun nut
If you collect unique and antique weapons.......you are not a gun nut
I'm impressed with this rare display of common sense from someone of obvious liberal leanings.

but then you went and blew it with the following non-sense:

This could be true if preppers stockpiled only "guns and ammunition" but they have many other types of supplies in their bunkers.

ie, If they are indeed "nuts" it's definitely not simply because they included a means of self-defense in their list of survival needs.

Being aware that guns in the hands of millions of freedom loving Americans is the best deterrent of government tyranny does not make someone a "gun nut".

The "gun" in itself is not the motivation but simply an insurance policy for Freedom which is the motivation.

But that would never happen in this country

Wait a minute........it already has

We had citizens who were denied the right to vote, who were locked up for protesting, who were openly murdered and their assailants were set free, who were legally declared second class citizens

Did they rise up and take up arms against their country? No they didnt. Their revolution used the US Constitution, the courts, the free press and the court of public opinion to overcome their oppression

They never fired a shot
And when the system works like it's suppose to and Government backs off, then everything is okie-dokie peachy-keen copacetic.
but
When all else fails and Government continues to overstep its bounds, then the people not only have the right but an obligation to their future generations to resort to whatever means necessary to defend and preserve their Constitution, Bill Of Rights and freedom based way of life.

And the "free press" is now for the most part nothing more than an Ideological Allie of a radical left wing movement hell bent on destroying western culture, christianity, capitalism and particularly the US Constitution which they view as an obstacle to their progressive agenda.

Sadly, you have no concept of how a free society works

If you are stocking guns to someday take up arms against your government you are not only a gun nut...but a traitor
And you have no concept of how to properly respond to the post of mine you quoted!

Is this because when liberals have been bested in debate they resort to straw-grasping?!

You're dismissed rightwinger...

I'm impressed with this rare display of common sense from someone of obvious liberal leanings.

but then you went and blew it with the following non-sense:

This could be true if preppers stockpiled only "guns and ammunition" but they have many other types of supplies in their bunkers.

ie, If they are indeed "nuts" it's definitely not simply because they included a means of self-defense in their list of survival needs.

Being aware that guns in the hands of millions of freedom loving Americans is the best deterrent of government tyranny does not make someone a "gun nut".

The "gun" in itself is not the motivation but simply an insurance policy for Freedom which is the motivation.

And when the system works like it's suppose to and Government backs off, then everything is okie-dokie peachy-keen copacetic.
but
When all else fails and Government continues to overstep its bounds, then the people not only have the right but an obligation to their future generations to resort to whatever means necessary to defend and preserve their Constitution, Bill Of Rights and freedom based way of life.

And the "free press" is now for the most part nothing more than an Ideological Allie of a radical left wing movement hell bent on destroying western culture, christianity, capitalism and particularly the US Constitution which they view as an obstacle to their progressive agenda.

Sadly, you have no concept of how a free society works

If you are stocking guns to someday take up arms against your government you are not only a gun nut...but a traitor
And you have no concept of how to properly respond to the post of mine you quoted!

Is this because when liberals have been bested in debate they resort to straw-grasping?!

You're dismissed rightwinger...

Sad that you have so little understanding of how a constitutional government works

As do most who prefer second amendment remedies

Sad that you have so little understanding of how a constitutional government works

It is not we who do not understand. It is Obama and his Executive Order approach. If the proper steps are taken with complete adherence to constitutional law and procedures, I would not object to a repeal of the 2nd amendment. I fully realize that will NEVER happen. So does Obama and his ilk. That is precisely why he stoops to unconstitutional measures in his effort to disarm us.

Obama uses emotional arguments and tear-jerking testimony from innocent children to gain sympathy for the FALSE PRETENSE that restricting guns will affect criminals as much as it does law abiding citizens. Liberals are being dishonest when they claim that legislation will remove guns from criminals or force them to reduce their clip capacity to seven (or some other stupid number...all they need do is carry extra clips). It has not worked in the past and will not work in the future.

It is not we who do not understand. It is Obama and his Executive Order approach. If the proper steps are taken with complete adherence to constitutional law and procedures, I would not object to a repeal of the 2nd amendment. I fully realize that will NEVER happen. So does Obama and his ilk. That is precisely why he stoops to unconstitutional measures in his effort to disarm us.

Obama uses emotional arguments and tear-jerking testimony from innocent children to gain sympathy for the FALSE PRETENSE that restricting guns will affect criminals as much as it does law abiding citizens. Liberals are being dishonest when they claim that legislation will remove guns from criminals or force them to reduce their clip capacity to seven (or some other stupid number...all they need do is carry extra clips). It has not worked in the past and will not work in the future.

It’s that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

No ‘laws’ were changed or enacted with the EOs, they simply spell out how the president plans on enforcing existing laws. Issuing EOs represents complete adherence to constitutional law and procedures, EOs are Constitutional until such time a court rules otherwise, as they are predicated on laws already in existence. Obama has taken no un-Constitutional measures, and it’s idiocy to argue the government is trying to ‘disarm’ anyone.

The partisan stupidity and ignorance exhibited by you and others on the right represent a far greater threat to Second Amendment rights than anything Obama might try to do.

Only in your mind.

No I like guns because I can appreciate fine craftsmanship. And I like to hunt.
You're free to collect beanie babies and Hummel figurines.
To each his own....Miss.

I have no need for a gun

I have a big stick with a nail in it

Nobody has dared to attack me

It’s that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

No ‘laws’ were changed or enacted with the EOs, they simply spell out how the president plans on enforcing existing laws. Issuing EOs represents complete adherence to constitutional law and procedures, EOs are Constitutional until such time a court rules otherwise, as they are predicated on laws already in existence. Obama has taken no un-Constitutional measures, and it’s idiocy to argue the government is trying to ‘disarm’ anyone.

The partisan stupidity and ignorance exhibited by you and others on the right represent a far greater threat to Second Amendment rights than anything Obama might try to do.

Oh bullshit! Obama and his cronies have said repeatedly what they are planning to do. The only thing in the way at this point is The House, some Democratic Senators (whom they are starting to pressure), the NRA and we the people. It's guy's like you pretending that you don't know this with your strawman arguments that reek of idiocy. Stop lying to us, your're don't really think that anyone is buying the falsehoods that you posted do you?

I own some guns. They are tools that I use with respect and due care. I used to be a competetive shooter but I haven't been able to shoot much sinse I was rear ended at a stop light that really messed my back up. The woman had no insurance and either did the owner of the car. I was left with 10s of thousand dollars of medical bills that were not covered by my insurance ($10,000 limit) unemployable and out of life for the past seven years. I am just now getting to the point where I can begin to shoot a bit. I am not nearly as good as I used to be but I have a lot of strength to get back. I am loading my own ammo at reduced levels so the recoil doesn't re-injure my back and exercising every dy to get stronger. Not too bad for a 60+ old man who was never supposed to recover.
My secret? I NEED to live life. Just as much as I need to breathe and eat I NEED to be able to enjoy living every moment of every day. I never doubted that I was going to get better - I just never thought it would take over seven years.
Am I a gun nut? Some would say I am but I tend to think of myself as a person who finds enjoyment in the mental, physical and emotional strength it takes to do every task. Whether it is teaching religion classes, wood-working, metal smithing or shooting five shot groups under one inch at 100 yards. I enjoy the attention to detail and the absolute control over my mind, body and emotions that happens when I set out to my best.

I own some guns. They are tools that I use with respect and due care. I used to be a competetive shooter but I haven't been able to shoot much sinse I was rear ended at a stop light that really messed my back up. The woman had no insurance and either did the owner of the car. I was left with 10s of thousand dollars of medical bills that were not covered by my insurance ($10,000 limit) unemployable and out of life for the past seven years. I am just now getting to the point where I can begin to shoot a bit. I am not nearly as good as I used to be but I have a lot of strength to get back. I am loading my own ammo at reduced levels so the recoil doesn't re-injure my back and exercising every dy to get stronger. Not too bad for a 60+ old man who was never supposed to recover.
My secret? I NEED to live life. Just as much as I need to breathe and eat I NEED to be able to enjoy living every moment of every day. I never doubted that I was going to get better - I just never thought it would take over seven years.
Am I a gun nut? Some would say I am but I tend to think of myself as a person who finds enjoyment in the mental, physical and emotional strength it takes to do every task. Whether it is teaching religion classes, wood-working, metal smithing or shooting five shot groups under one inch at 100 yards. I enjoy the attention to detail and the absolute control over my mind, body and emotions that happens when I set out to my best.

We share many of the same hobbies.

No I like guns because I can appreciate fine craftsmanship. And I like to hunt.
You're free to collect beanie babies and Hummel figurines.
To each his own....Miss.

I have no need for a gun

I have a big stick with a nail in it
Therefore, you have decided that nobody else needs a gun either?!

Very interesting? I hope you don't decide that cars are also unnecessary.

Nobody has dared to attack me
And in your world, this is an indication that nobody ever will?!

Just curious, do cops ever bother you when you're lugging your big stick with a nail in it down the street?!

Forum List

Back