Gun murder rate since 1994, as more Americans own more guns? Down substantially since 94....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep....more Americans now carry guns for self defense....and our gun murder rate is down from the rate in 1994.......showing that law abiding gun owners do not create more gun crime....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...tter/?noredirect=on&__twitter_impression=true

But remember, too, that the question asked about the murder rate — that is, the number of murders as a function of the population. In that regard, the drop is even steeper.

In 1994, the FBI data suggest a rate of about 6.2 firearm murders per 100,000 people. In 2017, the rate was 3.38 murders, up from the 2014 low in which the rate was less than half of that in 1994.

---------

The good news is that gun homicides are down substantially both as a raw total and as a function of population since 1994. The bad news is that many Americans don’t seem to realize that.

UK pays for it's lower gun violence statistic with loss of liberty.

Who was it who said it was a bad idea to exchange liberty for security?

It was someone who never had a friend or family member gunned down at a school, church, synagogue, movie theater, workplace, mall, etc. The Founders said a lot of stupid things that may not have seemed stupid in the 18th century.

Yep....more Americans now carry guns for self defense....and our gun murder rate is down from the rate in 1994.......showing that law abiding gun owners do not create more gun crime....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...tter/?noredirect=on&__twitter_impression=true

But remember, too, that the question asked about the murder rate — that is, the number of murders as a function of the population. In that regard, the drop is even steeper.

In 1994, the FBI data suggest a rate of about 6.2 firearm murders per 100,000 people. In 2017, the rate was 3.38 murders, up from the 2014 low in which the rate was less than half of that in 1994.

---------

The good news is that gun homicides are down substantially both as a raw total and as a function of population since 1994. The bad news is that many Americans don’t seem to realize that.
Murder rates have been dropping globally because Biff and Bubba spent all of their welfare money on guns. Good one Spam boy.
Why violent crime is plummeting in the rich world

It was someone who never had a friend or family member gunned down at a school, church, synagogue, movie theater, workplace, mall, etc. The Founders said a lot of stupid things that may not have seemed stupid in the 18th century.
American gun owners are the reason we are not still a colony of the British Empire.

American gun owners are the reason we are not still a colony of the British Empire.

The British Empire hasn't been a threat for much more than 200 years, dumb ass.

I prefer to keep my freedom, thank you very much.

But if you are so eager to be a subject to a government that doesn't trust you with a gun, go to another country and live there.

But if you are so eager to be a subject to a government that doesn't trust you with a gun, go to another country and live there.

Why would you think the government wouldn't trust me with a gun? Is that the crazy stuff you gun nuts are telling each other now days?

Why would you think the government wouldn't trust me with a gun? Is that the crazy stuff you gun nuts are telling each other now days?
If the government doesn't trust its citizens to own guns, that's a really bad sign that the government can't be trusted.

If the government doesn't trust its citizens to own guns, that's a really bad sign that the government can't be trusted.

What makes you think the government doesn't trust it's citizens to own guns? A certain amount of reasonable regulation is required, but that is far from not trusting citizens to own guns. Your exaggerated fear is childish. A more accurate statement would be it is stupid to trust every person in the country to act responsibly with guns. There will always be thugs and gun nuts who are very irresponsible, and that should be curtailed.

What makes you think the government doesn't trust it's citizens to own guns? A certain amount of reasonable regulation is required, but that is far from not trusting citizens to own guns. Your exaggerated fear is childish. A more accurate statement would be it is stupid to trust every person in the country to act responsibly with guns. There will always be thugs and gun nuts who are very irresponsible, and that should be curtailed.
Good thing there's a Second Amendment to stop you from your plan to take our guns away.

Good thing there's a Second Amendment to stop you from your plan to take our guns away.

Nobody is going to take everyone's guns away. Only gun nuts make that claim. Are you a gun nut? Are you incapable of rational thought? Even gun nuts have to admit there are lots of people who will not be responsible with guns. Are you against limiting guns to irresponsible people? Are you against limiting guns to thugs and thieves, and the homicidally insane? Admit you are.

We have too much regulation as it is....and nothing you guys now want actually does anything but attack normal gun owners...leaving criminals to roam free with their guns.

We have too much regulation as it is....and nothing you guys now want actually does anything but attack normal gun owners...leaving criminals to roam free with their guns.

Well, no.

Because an armed populace is a threat to total government control. If you don't think that is true, see the American Revolution. Learn history.

Forum List

Back