Gun legislation even I can support

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Although we should have never needed it.

Gov. Bill Lee Introduces Constitutional Carry Legislation

“The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms. I appreciate Lt. Governor McNally and Speaker Sexton for helping to lead the way on this important issue.”

“The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms. I appreciate Lt. Governor McNally and Speaker Sexton for helping to lead the way on this important issue.”

I've no problem with that. I might only add the additional provisions that gun ownership is encouraged, firearm training and proficiency required in all public schools, and that all homes are stand your ground----- you break in or owner feels threatened, and its blast you to kingdom come.

I've no problem with that. I might only add the additional provisions that gun ownership is encouraged, firearm training and proficiency required in all public schools, and that all homes are stand your ground----- you break in or owner feels threatened, and its blast you to kingdom come.

Homes and modes of transportation should fall under the Castle Law in my opinion...

We have that here. It's called our Castle Doctrine. Before that was passed, if somebody broke into your home, you had the duty to retreat. If you shot somebody when you could have safely left your home, you were charged with murder. Also, a criminal could sue you for hurting himself after he broke into your home, or his family could sue if you shot him.

Our Castle Doctrine changed all that. Now if somebody breaks into your home or otherwise enters illegally, you have every right to use deadly force. You are not financially liable for any injury or death either.

While I agree with the idea of Constitutional Carry so that you can travel through various states freely, while armed for protection, I disagree with the idea of required gun proficiency training in public schools. Many, if not most parents don't want their kids exposed to firearms; that plus mental illnesses such as schizophrenia don't show up until later in life (18 to 25 years).

Cant wait to go buy broccoli with my 9 on my hip and my rifle wrapped around my back!

Many, if not most parents don't want their kids exposed to firearms.
That is only because most of them were never exposed to firearms. When I was a kid, students took their guns to school. They had rifles in the back window gun rack of their PU truck. No one thought a thing about it. There were no school shootings, no serial killings, and no one feared guns because they were commonplace and just another tool.

ITMT, I can name a thousand things already going on in the schools and many or most parents don't want their kids doing or learning! Teaching firearm proficiency teaches safety, respect, discipline and responsibility. The very thing kids need.

Yeah . . . . tell me again, what do all of the addle-brained, limp-wristed, fear-wracked, pants-shitting parents not want again? Since when did they ever have a voice in what schools teach?

I bet they don't want to pay school taxes either -- -- -- -- but they pay them.

Well, toobfreak, we will just both have to disagree on this and if it were to come to pass that schools did make learning about firearms and their importance in the Second Amendment and our protection, I won't be one rising up against it. I'm just stating my personal opinion and am not militant about it, unlike the lefties.

That is only because most of them were never exposed to firearms. When I was a kid, students took their guns to school. They had rifles in the back window gun rack of their PU truck. No one thought a thing about it. There were no school shootings, no serial killings, and no one feared guns because they were commonplace and just another tool.

ITMT, I can name a thousand things already going on in the schools and many or most parents don't want their kids doing or learning! Teaching firearm proficiency teaches safety, respect, discipline and responsibility. The very thing kids need.

Yeah . . . . tell me again, what do all of the addle-brained, limp-wristed, fear-wracked, pants-shitting parents not want again? Since when did they ever have a voice in what schools teach?

Im with lucky. I am against all gun laws but I dont want to force it down peoples throats either

This is common sense gun control...

While I agree with the idea of Constitutional Carry so that you can travel through various states freely, while armed for protection, I disagree with the idea of required gun proficiency training in public schools. Many, if not most parents don't want their kids exposed to firearms; that plus mental illnesses such as schizophrenia don't show up until later in life (18 to 25 years).

I think there are also parents who don't want their kids learning about condoms and how to put it on a banana either. Nor do many want transvestites reading poetry to their children. To think what the replacements were after they removed our guns and Bibles from school.

The second amendment is anything but clear and concise on that point.

Im with lucky. I am against all gun laws but I dont want to force it down peoples throats either

So you are against the very discipline and training that all Americans once had throughout the history of this nation until a few decades ago still given by nations like Russia that gradually now taken away by government fear-mongering, has allowed the media to make guns the political football they are now and made people both fearful of guns and taken from them the sensibility and discipline that kept people responsible with them?

Yeah, the Second Amendment doesn't go into any detail, other than that the private citizens can own and carry (bear arms) arms. The founding fathers recognized that militias comprised of private citizens that brought their own firearms to combat the British troops, were of immense assistance to the fledgling country's struggle against England's rule. And, in the Federalist papers, our founding fathers made it clear that an armed citizenry was essential for the well being of our nation.
No instructions on teaching how to use firearms were mentioned as in the era that the Second Amendment was drafted, it was normally assumed that the parents taught the children how to use the firearms and schools weren't even considered.

So you are against the very discipline and training that all Americans once had throughout the history of this nation until a few decades ago still given by nations like Russia that gradually now taken away by government fear-mongering, has allowed the media to make guns the political football they are now and made people both fearful of guns and taken from them the sensibility and discipline that kept people responsible with them?
I'm just saying that in the case of firearms and minors, it's the parents decision in schools. Nothing says they can't take them to a firing range and teach them on their own.

The second amendment is anything but clear and concise on that point.
The Supreme Court was clear now wasn't it and you LOST.

Forum List

Back