Gun laws work

Jan 18, 2009
London
Pro-gun advocates have been telling us that gun laws don’t prevent crime.

My hometown, Baltimore, has a population of 637,000. Last year, homicides were down to a 20-year low, at 234 killings.

My temporary hometown, London, is the largest city in Europe, at 7.5 million. Gun killings in 2008: seventeen.

London has one tenth the shootings, with ten times the population. A citizen of Baltimore is a hundred times more likely to be shot to death, than a Londoner.

Gun laws work.

My hometown, Baltimore, has a population of 637,000. Last year, homicides were down to a 20-year low, at 234 killings.

My temporary hometown, London, is the largest city in Europe, at 7.5 million. Gun killings in 2008: seventeen.

London has one tenth the shootings, with ten times the population. A citizen of Baltimore is a hundred times more likely to be shot to death, than a Londoner.

Gun laws work.

Sure they do. For criminals. Otherwise, they only keep guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens. Criminals will get and have their guns anyway. They just pray for more idiots like you so they don't have to worry about a society that might fight back.

Your stupid little dishonest numbers games you insist on playing doesn't change reality, nor fool anyone. Well, except you. You're not even as good at it as you think. Better dishonest idiots than you have been sent packing.

I would think that someone with your self-proclaimed superior intellect would be able to figure out a thread about gun laws would go in the Law and Justice System forum instead of the Politics one. But then, you'd have to be actually a tenth as smart as you think you are ... proof of which is STILL pending.

The reality is that gun crimes went UP in England when they banned nearly all types of guns. And they spiked again after a farmer protecting himself was put in prison for shooting someone.

Tell ya what, when you figure out how to eliminate all guns from the world and remove the ability to make more, get back to us on how well gun laws work. Of course then we will need to ban crossbow, Bows, axes , clubs , lead pipes, bats, etc etc.

I'm a pro-gun guy but laws that require background checks make sense to me.

And I would imagine that a cool down period saves lives.

It's more the mass banning of weapons and carrying laws that I take issue with.

I'm a pro-gun guy but laws that require background checks make sense to me.

And I would imagine that a cool down period saves lives.

It's more the mass banning of weapons and carrying laws that I take issue with.

This retard is against all firearms.

I do not like waiting periods BUT they do meet the test of the Constitution. No one legally allowed to buy is denied by a short waiting period and the Government has time to verify the person is not legally barred from purchasing a firearm.

This retard is against all firearms.

Yeah, that's pretty retarded if you ask me.

I do not like waiting periods BUT they do meet the test of the Constitution. No one legally allowed to buy is denied by a short waiting period and the Government has time to verify the person is not legally barred from purchasing a firearm.

Yep, nuttin' there to really make a stink about.

Sure they do. For criminals. Otherwise, they only keep guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens. Criminals will get and have their guns anyway. They just pray for more idiots like you so they don't have to worry about a society that might fight back.

Your stupid little dishonest numbers games you insist on playing doesn't change reality, nor fool anyone. Well, except you. You're not even as good at it as you think. Better dishonest idiots than you have been sent packing.

I would think that someone with your self-proclaimed superior intellect would be able to figure out a thread about gun laws would go in the Law and Justice System forum instead of the Politics one. But then, you'd have to be actually a tenth as smart as you think you are ... proof of which is STILL pending.

Sent packing? Hahahahahaha. You guys jumped me five on one, and I still left you all bleeding on the ground.

And yet again all you have is poo-flinging insults. Not a thing to refute my original point. Personally I don't really care about this issue, but I did want to see what the response would be. So far all I've seen is logical fallacies and TOS violations. But the day is young.

Gun killings are meanigless what was the total number of homicides. Trading out being killed with a gun for being killed with a knife/frying pan/golf clubis scarcely a victory especially if the victim had had a gun he may well have been able, simply by displaying the weapon, to prevent anyone from being harmed.

One of the few unintendedly brilliant quotes by Archie Bunker in the old sitcom was his response when his leftist daughter quoted a number concerning hand gun deaths and Archie replied, "Would you be any happier if they were pushed out of windows?"

Last edited:
Tell ya what, when you figure out how to eliminate all guns from the world and remove the ability to make more, get back to us on how well gun laws work. Of course then we will need to ban crossbow, Bows, axes , clubs , lead pipes, bats, etc etc.

Yes, and bowling balls too...

Journalist Michael Brick wrote for the New York Times 24 March 2004:
--------------------------------------------------------
A 69-year-old man tried to kill three law enforcement officers by dropping a 16-pound bowling ball at them from the terrace of his 17th-floor apartment, police officials said yesterday.

The ball narrowly missed the officers, and the district attorney in Brooklyn charged the man, Douglas Stiff of East New York, with attempted murder, attempted assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon.

Is this what you would call: "Getting Stiffed"?

The reality is that gun crimes went UP in England when they banned nearly all types of guns. And they spiked again after a farmer protecting himself was put in prison for shooting someone.

Don't forget kitchen knives of all types (even butter knives), forks, chop-sticks, nail files, letter openers, etc.

Sent packing? Hahahahahaha. You guys jumped me five on one, and I still left you all bleeding on the ground.

And yet again all you have is poo-flinging insults. Not a thing to refute my original point. Personally I don't really care about this issue, but I did want to see what the response would be. So far all I've seen is logical fallacies and TOS violations. But the day is young.

Problem with you is ... that you are new and missed how everyone already showed the last morons how lame their 'numbers' are. Citing a report that shows only part of the crime rate doesn't count.

In areas with excessive gun laws rapes, muggings, breaking and enterings, and even non-gun related murders actually increase, sometimes the total increases.

Gun laws work.

You're comparing total homicides in Baltimore to firearms homicides in London.

100% dishonest comparison.

Nice try tho. I didn't bother to read your cut and paste fallacies list so we'll just file this one under bull crap.
Quickly now...go post how I single handedly gangbanged you but you mopped the floor with me.

Heck, I should have read all the replies before posting. :thup:

Y'all are doing a fine job without me :eusa_clap: I'm going to sit this one out.

But is several times more likely to be raped beaten or robbed or stabbed to death...

Gun laws work.

You're dollifying. I believe it falls under Faking the Facts, point 2:

Cherry picking: using only the data that supports your position, while ignoring the rest.

Yes, and bowling balls too...

Journalist Michael Brick wrote for the New York Times 24 March 2004:
A 69-year-old man tried to kill three law enforcement officers by dropping a 16-pound bowling ball at them from the terrace of his 17th-floor apartment, police officials said yesterday.

The ball narrowly missed the officers, and the district attorney in Brooklyn charged the man, Douglas Stiff of East New York, with attempted murder, attempted assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon.

Is this what you would call: "Getting Stiffed"?

:rofl:

Headline: Man tries to strike police with bowling ball dropped into the alley under his apartment window. The police were spared serious injury as the ball landed harmlessly in the gutter.

Last edited:

Gun laws work.

you are wrong.how will people protect there familie i f criminal are enda with the guns.

New Topics

Forum List

Back