Gun Laws in Chicago 'Don't Even Exist,' Sputters Clueless Ed Schultz

408614_520069141359554_1358765339_n.jpg

Except- and I know that this is something you don't get- ALL of those technological advancements ARE regulated by law.

For instance, Television is governed by the FCC, there are regulations on what can be shown on TV, who can use what frequencies, TV stations are licensed and citizens have the right to legally challenge the license of a TV station.
What law governs content on the internet? Not your fevered prog fantasies about limiting free speech of those who don't buy your bullshit -- REAL law.

But places that have more liberal carry laws and stricter enforcement of the rules surrounding them, have less problems with the gun violence.

Like New Orleans?

Show be where New Orleans has lax wearing and carry laws, and stricter enforcement of those that commit crimes and use guns. Texas and some other places still love the death penalty. How many people have been fried in New Orleans lately?

But places that have more liberal carry laws and stricter enforcement of the rules surrounding them, have less problems with the gun violence.

Like New Orleans?

Show be where New Orleans has lax wearing and carry laws, and stricter enforcement of those that commit crimes and use guns. Texas and some other places still love the death penalty. How many people have been fried in New Orleans lately?

Why don't you show me where the laws exist? It is difficult for me to find something that doesn't exist.

Now you are just moving the goalposts bringing the death penalty into this. Texas also has the 15th highest gun homicide rate in the country, not sure how good of an example that is.

Like New Orleans?

Why don't you show me where the laws exist? It is difficult for me to find something that doesn't exist.

Now you are just moving the goalposts bringing the death penalty into this. Texas also has the 15th highest gun homicide rate in the country, not sure how good of an example that is.

I brought up the death penalty, because that's part of enforcing the law. Do you really think that making more laws will make the bad guy stop and not break those laws too ? If one wants to commit murder ( the ultimate crime) , do you think the bad guy is worried about gun laws? New Orleans (and other places) need to enforce the laws they have. Sounds like way too many people are breaking them down there.

I brought up the death penalty, because that's part of enforcing the law. Do you really think that making more laws will make the bad guy stop and not break those laws too ? If one wants to commit murder ( the ultimate crime) , do you think the bad guy is worried about gun laws? New Orleans (and other places) need to enforce the laws they have. Sounds like way too many people are breaking them down there.

So then why do Texas and Mississippi both rank so high when we look at this at the state level? You'd think neither would have any crime with the number of executions taking place in both states to go along with the lack of gun laws.

Gun control for dummies..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F584p5kJL-U&feature=youtu.be]Gun Control for Dummies - It's Common Sense - YouTube[/ame]

All the talking idiots on PmsNbc are so uninformed about the crap they spout off about..

It's no wonder they are last in the ratings of stations..thankfully not many people watch them

So then why do Texas and Mississippi both rank so high when we look at this at the state level? You'd think neither would have any crime with the number of executions taking place in both states to go along with the lack of gun laws.

So if they don't care about the death penalty, why would they care about any other law concerning guns? Do you really think more gun laws will keep them from getting guns? More gun control will just keep more guns from the law abiding citizens. Not the criminals.

So if they don't care about the death penalty, why would they care about any other law concerning guns? Do you really think more gun laws will keep them from getting guns? More gun control will just keep more guns from the law abiding citizens. Not the criminals.

I've never called for a gun ban. My point is that the right wing talking point that more guns makes everyone safer is a bunch of bullshit. You know, the claim you made before my original response to you.

We once had a national law against alcohol too! :D

Yes, we did.
And in most places, it worked just fine.

Until people realized there wasn't a good reason for it.

Ugly little secret- Prohibition wasn't about prohibition. It was passed in a hurry during WWI as a measure against Immigrants, especially Germans. When people realized what they had actually signed on to, they couldn't undo it fast enough.

Thank you for demonstrating your blatant stupidity once again, Joe. It's nice to know that you are consistently one of the most uninformed posters on this site.

From Wiki...
Prohibition was instituted with ratification of the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution on January 16, 1919, which prohibited the "...manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors within, the importation thereof into, or the exportation thereof from the United States..."

Also from Wiki...
World War I (WWI) was a global war centered in Europe that began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918.

Fucking idiot!

I've never called for a gun ban. My point is that the right wing talking point that more guns makes everyone safer is a bunch of bullshit. You know, the claim you made before my original response to you.

My point was never that more guns make things safer. The point is more guns laws do not make things safer. What makes things safer, is enforcing the laws and keeping people who need to be in institutions and jails in them. We mainstream everyone.

Forum List

Back