Gun law is stupid

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Svante, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Svante

Svante cybernetic organism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    There are laws to get rid of guns in Canada becusae too many person have them. MP Garry Breitkreuz say the laws are not fair to persons especially who hunt in the north. Most MP in parliament think this cause the crime. Do you think if there are more guns then more persons get kill? David Miller he say too many guns come from US and there must be gun ban in US.

fro m Wildbore
    I think if somebody are goin g to kill they will do this with a gun or some different way. then there are persons i n Canada who think if you get rid of guns lives will be saved.i think this are wrong becuase criminals will be the only person with guns.

i don’t like guns but i think people should own them. i don’t think taking guns away fro m people will reduce crime. people must b e able to protect there home.

i think person mus t be educated abaout guns befojr they have a gun and laws must change. in Canada if you kill somebody that hurt you i n your home you go to jail for longtime. so what good are guns to protect if you are in jail?

Toronto the Bad: BOYCOTT TORONTO

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Everybody hates Toronto, heck if the Leafs ever had season good enough to win the Stanley Cup non-Torontonians would probably burn it down! :lol:

Miller has a problem though, gang crime. Not that I know much about him or his politics but it seems he came to office as a single-issue candidate, did nothing about the issue that got him elected and stayed on because it was a good gig.

But Miller has conflated gun control with crime control. I think the situation in Toronto is that handguns in particular are coming across the border into criminal hands in a big way, I'm not sure but it could be a trade for drugs. There have been some highly publicised shootings which are related to gang activity - this is just one of them - 'Toronto has lost its innocence,' police say of Boxing Day shooting

As far as I know it's not ordinary Torontonians who are going around shooting each other and innocent bystanders, it's gang members who are criminals. So that's where the focus should be. Miller has, excuse the pun, picked the wrong target, but he's picked a soft target.

3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Guns don't cause crime, they make crime more lethal.

Tougher sentencing will prevent crime. There are no thieves in Saudi Arabia.

4. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    They make defense more lethal also.

I agree with tougher sentencing for crimes that involve victims.

5. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Defense?

A guy was talking in the movie theater so I shot him.

I got drunk and got in an argument with a guy, so I shot him.

I got mad at my wife, so I got a gun and shot her.

This is what typically happens.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  6. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Do you have any proof to back this up?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    I'll make you a deal Chris,
    You can forgo your right to own a gun and I won't help you if a criminal tries to take advantage of you, your family or your property, but I will testify in court after the fact
    and you,
    stay out of my way when a criminal tries to take advantage of me and I use my gun to defend my family, myself and my property, and you can testify in court after the fact.

Deal?

8. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    The bloke who used his firearm inappropriately may go to prison and serves him right. Then he might not. Question is, will he now not be able to ever legally get a firearm? That's the key in that one. Other responsible gun owners would be aghast at what the idiot did. Anyone else with a short fuse temper and a ccw permit would be wise to reflect. Of course I'm assuming the bloke was lawfully possessing.

Back to Mayor Miller. He's confused and he's also desperate. But he's gone after exactly the wrong people. Gang bangers in TO don't give a rat's arse about lawful firearms or firearms laws, they'll get their weapons through the underground channels they inhabit

9. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
  10. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    I don't own a gun. Guns are most dangerous to the people that own them and their families.

As far as crime goes tougher sentencing works.