Gun free zone

Hey Joe, who's going to PAY for all those interviews with employers, schools and family? There must be a couple thousand dollars worth of interviewing there.

How about we give everyone a thorough mental evaluation? We could send them to the local mental health clinic, have them interviewed to determine just how crazy they are. I mean, we KNOW they're crazy, they want to buy a gun!

Yeah, that'll work!

I have no problem adding that to the license application fee. Make the gun nuts pay to prove they aren't nuts. Works for me.

Before I got hired, my company gave me a drug test, they called my former employer, they called my three references, the made me provide two forms of ID, and they did a criminal background and credit check on me to make sure I was who I said I was.

When I worked for the Census Bureau part time in 2010, they did all the above less the drug test, but they took my fingerprints and asked for a copy of my DD214.

Strikes me we should do at least as much to make sure we aren't giving automatic weapons to crazy people.

Strikes me we should do at least as much to make sure we aren't giving automatic weapons to crazy people

Dumbass do you know you can't get an automatic weapon at walmart?
Step 1-You must find a dealer with a Class III FFL as they're the only ones who may deal in NFA weapons (machine guns, silencers, etc.) and select a weapon that was registered in the NFA registry before 1986 (this only applies for full-auto, silencers and AOW can be brand new)

Step 2-You must make your application to both the federal gov't and your local chief law enforcement officer, both must approve.

Step 3-Pay the $200 tax stamp

Strikes me we should do at least as much to make sure we aren't giving automatic weapons to crazy people.

Automatic weapons ? Why lie, you were in the military.

Lying doesn't add to your credibility.

The only difference between an AR-15 (semi-Automatic) and an M-16 (automatic) is a indentation that anyone can file down without a lot of trouble. I would't be surprised if Holmes had done exactly that.

Automatic weapons ? Why lie, you were in the military.

Lying doesn't add to your credibility.

The only difference between an AR-15 (semi-Automatic) and an M-16 (automatic) is a indentation that anyone can file down without a lot of trouble. I would't be surprised if Holmes had done exactly that.

ASSuming again, Joe??

You are wrong.

Needs sear.

Hey Joe, who's going to PAY for all those interviews with employers, schools and family? There must be a couple thousand dollars worth of interviewing there.

How about we give everyone a thorough mental evaluation? We could send them to the local mental health clinic, have them interviewed to determine just how crazy they are. I mean, we KNOW they're crazy, they want to buy a gun!

Yeah, that'll work!

I have no problem adding that to the license application fee. Make the gun nuts pay to prove they aren't nuts. Works for me.

Before I got hired, my company gave me a drug test, they called my former employer, they called my three references, the made me provide two forms of ID, and they did a criminal background and credit check on me to make sure I was who I said I was.

When I worked for the Census Bureau part time in 2010, they did all the above less the drug test, but they took my fingerprints and asked for a copy of my DD214.

Strikes me we should do at least as much to make sure we aren't giving automatic weapons to crazy people

Step 1-You must find a dealer with a Class III FFL as they're the only ones who may deal in NFA weapons (machine guns, silencers, etc.) and select a weapon that was registered in the NFA registry before 1986 (this only applies for full-auto, silencers and AOW can be brand new)

Step 2-You must make your application to both the federal gov't and your local chief law enforcement officer, both must approve.

Again, the guy was able to buy an AR-15 retail, which can be very easily converted. I think they made the ones manufactured after 1986 a little harder to convert, but it can still be done.

This is against the law, of course, and you shouldn't do it. So is spraying down an audience of moviegoers...

You are wrong.

Needs sear.

Which again, are readily available if you know where to look.

Again, don't know if Holmes actually did this, but the fact he had the potential to is bad enough in itself.

You are wrong.

Needs sear.

Again, don't know if Holmes actually did this, but the fact he had the potential to is bad enough in itself.

F/A Sear is not an add on part that is just missing.

You are wrong.

Needs sear.

F/A Sear is not an add on part that is just missing.

I don't get into a long discussion about this because we are talking about something that is illegal.

But it isn't hard to do.

When we have an organization like the NRA advocating for people to carry a concealed weopon in a bar, you realize how far out that organization has become. The putting of guns on a pedestal in this nation has gone beyond insanity.

It's not the people who legally can carry that you have to worry about at a bar, it's those who cannot legally carry would be the ones I would worry about if I were you.

Um, James Holmes legally carried the weapons used. Did he not?

When we have an organization like the NRA advocating for people to carry a concealed weopon in a bar, you realize how far out that organization has become. The putting of guns on a pedestal in this nation has gone beyond insanity.

It's not the people who legally can carry that you have to worry about at a bar, it's those who cannot legally carry would be the ones I would worry about if I were you.

Um, James Holmes legally carried the weapons used. Did he not?

No, he legally purchased those guns but his carrying of them was illegal.

He is not a CCW holder.

Again, the guy was able to buy an AR-15 retail, which can be very easily converted. I think they made the ones manufactured after 1986 a little harder to convert, but it can still be done.

This is against the law, of course, and you shouldn't do it. So is spraying down an audience of moviegoers...

You said he bought an automatic weapon now you say he converted an AR15 will you make up your mind what he did?

You said he bought an automatic weapon now you say he converted an AR15 will you make up your mind what he did?

Patience Reb, he's 'evolving'...

Patience Reb, he's 'evolving'...

When it comes to issues dealing with guns my patience's are very limited with idiots.

If life was like a video everything would be OK

Is It so.. Gun Free Zone....mp4 - YouTube

That's what I love about gun control....people think criminals will follow the law....LOLOLOLOLOL

Well, no, the problem with gun control is, we've never really tried it. A few cities have, but kind of meaningless to have gun control in Chicago when you can set up a gun shop in Cicero IL which is right next door.

Other countries have tried meaningful gun control, and it works just fine.

Let's look, shall we? Number of murders with firearms in advanced countries.

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

# 4 United States: 9,369
# 11 Germany: 269
# 14 Canada: 144
# 28 Japan: 47
= 39 United Kingdom: 14

Works fine?

"Taxi driver kills 12 in U.K. rampage"

Taxi driver kills 12 in U.K. rampage - The Globe and Mail

Criminals and Sickos will always be able get a gun

That's what I love about gun control....people think criminals will follow the law....LOLOLOLOLOL

Well, no, the problem with gun control is, we've never really tried it. A few cities have, but kind of meaningless to have gun control in Chicago when you can set up a gun shop in Cicero IL which is right next door.

Other countries have tried meaningful gun control, and it works just fine.

Let's look, shall we? Number of murders with firearms in advanced countries.

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

# 4 United States: 9,369
# 11 Germany: 269
# 14 Canada: 144
# 28 Japan: 47
= 39 United Kingdom: 14

Works fine?

"Taxi driver kills 12 in U.K. rampage"

Taxi driver kills 12 in U.K. rampage - The Globe and Mail

Criminals and Sickos will always be able get a gun

He's been shot down using that source already.

If ONE U.S. Marine had been sitting in that theater with a weapon things probably would have turned out differently!

Um, yeah, probably you'd have had more fatalities, but Holmes probably wouldn't have been one of them.

The guy had body armor on. He spent a long time thinking about what he planned to do.

Now, give the marines credit, they are very good at what they do, but the fact is, even in war zones they make mistakes. A crowded room with lots of smoke and panicking people and bullets flying everywhere...

This shows how much the NRA has really poisoned this discussion when you see a case where someone having a gun was a bad thing, absolutely, and the answer is, "Well, we just need more guns in that situation."

Crazy.
Why does the left automatically assume that a bullet proof vest would automatically save his life if shot?

Getting shot even in a vest is STILL like someone hitting you very hard with a hammer. You'll probably survive it, but not be happy about it.

Secondly, it doesn't cover arms, legs or head very well.

Thirdly, gas masks are NOT bulletproof.

Fourth, since we're working off of spurious assumptions, a Marine with a side arm is probably a much better shot than he is. Not to mention we don't know if he would have had a change of heart if a bullet slammed into his body and stopped the rampage.

Lots of assumptions of what would, could and should have happened if there was a gun in the audience to defend itself. We don't know and won't know how it would have turned out. We DO know that the gunman himself disobeyed the laws in place in order to carry out his rampage. This does show that a ban of weapons on the premises does not prevent an incident like this occurring.

If ONE U.S. Marine had been sitting in that theater with a weapon things probably would have turned out differently!

Um, yeah, probably you'd have had more fatalities, but Holmes probably wouldn't have been one of them.

The guy had body armor on. He spent a long time thinking about what he planned to do.

Now, give the marines credit, they are very good at what they do, but the fact is, even in war zones they make mistakes. A crowded room with lots of smoke and panicking people and bullets flying everywhere...

This shows how much the NRA has really poisoned this discussion when you see a case where someone having a gun was a bad thing, absolutely, and the answer is, "Well, we just need more guns in that situation."

Crazy.

The guy was thinking about what would happen after he was done killing everyone. He was worried about the cops.....not innocent bystanders. I think he wanted to spend the rest of his life in prison rather than being shot to death.

Crazy.
Why does the left automatically assume that a bullet proof vest would automatically save his life if shot?

Getting shot even in a vest is STILL like someone hitting you very hard with a hammer. You'll probably survive it, but not be happy about it.

Secondly, it doesn't cover arms, legs or head very well.

Thirdly, gas masks are NOT bulletproof.

Fourth, since we're working off of spurious assumptions, a Marine with a side arm is probably a much better shot than he is. Not to mention we don't know if he would have had a change of heart if a bullet slammed into his body and stopped the rampage.

Lots of assumptions of what would, could and should have happened if there was a gun in the audience to defend itself. We don't know and won't know how it would have turned out. We DO know that the gunman himself disobeyed the laws in place in order to carry out his rampage. This does show that a ban of weapons on the premises does not prevent an incident like this occurring.

The only place on a vest that will save your life is center mass at the chest plate Ribs have been broken by those who have been shot with a vest on.

Forum List

Back