Gun free zone

I think liberals should just make Darfur a gun free zone. problem solved, I mean evil, bad people dont break laws.

That's why honest citizens needs guns to protect themselves and their family.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy...

Arthur Kellermann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe it's because most people don't know how to use them or don't take the time to secure them.

Part of weapons training is learning how to take them apart, clean them, and put them back together. Also learning how to respect them is important. But one of the worst problems people have is they don't shoot them enough to feel confident that they can hit what they're aiming at. That's the primary reason family members get shot. Untrained assholes busting caps all over the place without consideration where the bullet is going. Kids that don't know how to handle the thing playing with it.

A shotgun with birdshot in it is the best weapon for home defense. A pistol is the least. Pistols are made to carry, not use in your home. A pump-action shotgun with a flashlight attached to it can do wonders. Just aim the light and pull the trigger.

I don't disagree with any of that.

So why not make it a requirement that before we even think about letting you have the gun, we put you through thorough training with it... you know, like the military did when we both were in?

Or like most places do when you have a car.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy...

Maybe it's because most people don't know how to use them or don't take the time to secure them.

Part of weapons training is learning how to take them apart, clean them, and put them back together. Also learning how to respect them is important. But one of the worst problems people have is they don't shoot them enough to feel confident that they can hit what they're aiming at. That's the primary reason family members get shot. Untrained assholes busting caps all over the place without consideration where the bullet is going. Kids that don't know how to handle the thing playing with it.

A shotgun with birdshot in it is the best weapon for home defense. A pistol is the least. Pistols are made to carry, not use in your home. A pump-action shotgun with a flashlight attached to it can do wonders. Just aim the light and pull the trigger.

So why not make it a requirement that before we even think about letting you have the gun, we put you through thorough training with it... you know, like the military did when we both were in?

One doesn’t have a right to drive, he does to own a firearm.

Training requirements would be an undue burden on the exercising of that right, and is clearly a contrivance of government to discourage gun ownership. There is also no evidence that training would deter criminal acts with guns.

It would be a policy predicated on a presumption of guilt, that potential gun owners are potential criminals.

How thorough do you think the training should be?

Should we all just go to the range? That's about all they could do. You can't become proficient with a weapon just by pulling the trigger. I figure at least one solid month of shooting in different circumstances is the minimum. Not many can afford to do that.

Personally I think everyone should have to undergo a psych eval.

"We" doesn't "let us have a gun".

I know, the inability of the Founding Slaveholders to write a coherent sentence in the Second Amendment gives Joker Holmes the right to buy guns...

That makes sense.

One doesn’t have a right to drive, he does to own a firearm.

Training requirements would be an undue burden on the exercising of that right, and is clearly a contrivance of government to discourage gun ownership. There is also no evidence that training would deter criminal acts with guns.

It would be a policy predicated on a presumption of guilt, that potential gun owners are potential criminals.

You mean Tea Party gun owners.

I think common-sense not politics should be used. Gun owners aren't automatically potential criminals. Gun owners have less incentive to commit crimes than politicians.

No, I'm sure they do. And when they do, you give them what's in the register because nothing in that register is worth your life, or the life of one of your customers.

how about if you walk out of a bar and some crook named Trayvon strated beating on you ? Do you take the beating and die or do you shoot?

Zimmerman may be a buffoon, but he is a live buffoon and poor liitle Trayvon is a dead buffoon.

Maybe, just maybe, Trayvon deserved to die. He certainly asked for it.

Um, yeah, don't "those people" know their place?

Let's see now, you are walking home from the store, as Trayvon did, and some weirdo is following you in a car. He then gets out of the car and starts following you on foot.

You don't think Trayvon has a reason to be worried this guy might mean him some harm?

who is more likely to murder, rape, assault or rob whom?

who should be more worried?

I know, the inability of the Founding Slaveholders to write a coherent sentence in the Second Amendment gives Joker Holmes the right to buy guns...

That makes sense.

Cry me a fucking river, you racist piece of shit! Without those 'Founding Slaveholders', your ignorant ass would STILL be in chains. Judging by your anger and victimhood issues, you are still in chains, chains of your own making...

That makes sense.

Cry me a fucking river, you racist piece of shit! Without those 'Founding Slaveholders', your ignorant ass would STILL be in chains. Judging by your anger and victimhood issues, you are still in chains, chains of your own making...

If it weren't for those founding slaveholders, I'd be- gasp- a Canadian.

I've been to Canada. It's just as free as America is. And they have less crime and universal health care.

As far as Chains, the British Empire abolished slavery 30 years before the United States did.

That makes sense.

I've been to Canada. It's just as free as America is. And they have less crime and universal health care.

As far as Chains, the British Empire abolished slavery 30 years before the United States did.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!

That makes sense.

Canada has 1/10th the population too, yet they are the second largest country in the world.

If people aren't packed together like sardines and less immigration for various reasons, how does that effect the crime rate?

That makes sense.

You still can be NO ONE is stopping you.

Forum List

Back