Gun control

And I'll pose the same question to you. Can you provide an example of when this has happened?

Not off the top of my head. Most people are not that dumb.

And that's exactly my point. People try to use this example all the time to justify gun restrictions, that we'll end up like the "wild west" and innocent people will end up getting shot by mistake by some inexperienced person carrying a gun trying to fire back at an attacker, and yet none of you can cite an example of this actually happening, because it doesn't.

The vast majority of gun owners don't carry. The gun is for home protection. The people that do carry 9 and a half times out of ten are experienced gun owners who know what they're doing, so this fear of yours and OP are completely unfounded.

You get no argument from me on this. I agree with you. My point was to those people who thought that someone carrying a gun could have made some kind of great stand and, as someone put it in another thread, "put two in the head" in the dark and in a situation of total chaos. That is not the way it works in the real world. However, that is not a reason not to carry. If you want to carry a gun, I have absoltutely no problem with it.

Not off the top of my head. Most people are not that dumb.

And that's exactly my point. People try to use this example all the time to justify gun restrictions, that we'll end up like the "wild west" and innocent people will end up getting shot by mistake by some inexperienced person carrying a gun trying to fire back at an attacker, and yet none of you can cite an example of this actually happening, because it doesn't.

The vast majority of gun owners don't carry. The gun is for home protection. The people that do carry 9 and a half times out of ten are experienced gun owners who know what they're doing, so this fear of yours and OP are completely unfounded.

You get no argument from me on this. I agree with you. My point was to those people who thought that someone carrying a gun could have made some kind of great stand and, as someone put it in another thread, "put two in the head" in the dark and in a situation of total chaos. That is not the way it works in the real world. However, that is not a reason not to carry. If you want to carry a gun, I have absoltutely no problem with it.
put two in the head" in the dark and in a situation of total chaos.
My 45 has a flashlight with a built in laser sight on it. Now what?
m6x1913led_0011.png

Forum List

Back