Gun control

The Colorado Movie Theater had a no guns allowed policy & sign posted. Gee I wonder why the citizens were not safe there???? There were many highly trained military weapons personnel at the theater & 4 of them were shot because of the stupid weapons ban in that municipality & at that theater. They were prevented from defending themselves & all the others as they had been trained to do because of the libtard anti-gun policy.

Cinemark-gun-ban-notice-courtesy-vdcl.org_.jpeg
gun-free-zone-cLR.jpg

Does anyone see a pattern here??????????????

Last edited:
Your normal; person who has not experienced or been trained to deal with combat situations has a few pretty standard reactions with a gun. One of these reactions is the tendency to blind fire. This is such a problem that a number of paintball fields i know discourage blind fire because even under simulated conditions it causes a dangerous situation. Another point is that rattles people cannot aim worth a fuck. I often joke that if you have someone scared the safest place to be is with the attacker. I have seen enough scared people turn and shoot their best friends that were coming up from a secure area to join them. Putting guns in the hands of these untrained fearful scared people is a terrible idea. This is why I think the ownership of combat guns, not hunting guns, should have extensive training required. Especially if you are going to carry those guns regularly. I have just seen so much dumbass bullshit by regular people with paintball guns to think handing a firearm to a person with no training is not a great idea.

Can you give an example of someone who was carrying a gun, suddenly got caught in the middle of a shoot out, and then got panicky and started firing all over the place killing another innocent?

When are all these 2nd amendment advocates finally going to start defending the people from that intrustive police state government?

The answer is pretty obvious...never.

Anybody who imagines that guns in civilian hands is somehow preventing the government from turning into an authoritarian nightmare is clearly NOT paying attention.

What about someone else's government? Do you know how incredibly difficult it would be for a foreign nation to engage in a land invasion of the U.S.? Our military aside, there are enough gun owners across this country who would immediately take up their arms and cause enough of a problem for the would be invader to make them think twice about even considering it.

Can you give an example of someone who was carrying a gun, suddenly got caught in the middle of a shoot out, and then got panicky and started firing all over the place killing another innocent?

I could. But it invovled police officers. Best to not stir that hornets nest though lol.

If I had been there I would have stood up and taken the guy out." In reality, they would probably either hit the ground with everyone else or gotten themselves and others killed.

And I'll pose the same question to you. Can you provide an example of when this has happened?

I have always been a supporter of the 2nd Admendment and have owned many guns. These days I do not own a gun. Yet, I still support the ownership. I do, however, believe that if you need a license and a test to drive, the same should be true for owning a gun. Evenmore, I do not believe any longer in the need for individuals to have military style assault rifles. We live in a different world, one where there are many individuals amongst of the like of this Holmes character. It does not take an assault rifle to defend against them, but in their hands they are horrendous.

Pretty sensible.

If I had been there I would have stood up and taken the guy out." In reality, they would probably either hit the ground with everyone else or gotten themselves and others killed.

And I'll pose the same question to you. Can you provide an example of when this has happened?

Not off the top of my head. Most people are not that dumb. I would hope that anyone who takes on the responsibility of carrying a weapon will understand that if you stand up in a dark and crowded room and fire a weapon, you create flashes which automatically makes you a focus point for return fire. Placing yourself and anyone around you in greater danger. Which is fine if you are by yourself, but I go back to that word "crowded". So while a person may think it is better to go down fighting, what about the 10 year old sitting next to them?

Not off the top of my head. Most people are not that dumb.

And that's exactly my point. People try to use this example all the time to justify gun restrictions, that we'll end up like the "wild west" and innocent people will end up getting shot by mistake by some inexperienced person carrying a gun trying to fire back at an attacker, and yet none of you can cite an example of this actually happening, because it doesn't.

The vast majority of gun owners don't carry. The gun is for home protection. The people that do carry 9 and a half times out of ten are experienced gun owners who know what they're doing, so this fear of yours and OP are completely unfounded.

Forum List

Back