Gun Control?

Is this a legitimate act of local government?

• Maybe, unless Roberts, Alito, Thomas and Scalia say otherwise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the link:

Several speakers noted that guns once sold legally often end up used in crimes.

Ineffectual blustering. X amount of cars are bought and sold in homes across the U.S every day. Some get stolen and end-up being used in criminal activity. Should you embark upon the errosion of vehicle sales agreed at home because of that? No, you shouldn't.

I feel passionately about this because I saw - and continue to see - the results of banning self-loading handguns in the UK. Gun crime rocketed overnight, and continues to rise at an meteoric rate. But criminals can easily get hold of weapons to terrorise their victims because the supply is now out of the government's stewardship. Where do these illegal weapons come from that are seized in the UK? Conflict zones. As soon as the Firearm Bill came into effect thousands of weapons headed their way west from the civil wars raging in the Balkans. They still come from the former Yugoslavia, but now new sources are available from the demobilised Soviet army, the Northen Caucasus and elsewhere in Central Asia.

Ban or restrict private ownership of firearms in the U.S and expect a continuous glut of illegal firearms looted from homes and military depots in Central and South America. You'll demand that the governments in charge of the weapons' place of origin investigate, but, like in the source nations of Britain's illegal weapons (Eastern Europe and beyond), they'll be powerless to act.

*ANY* law impeding the ownership and selling of a firearm to and between legal American citizens is unconstitutional.

Why do you leftists always need clarification on that?

After reading the accompanying article, I'm changing my vote to "this is a legitimate function of government".

This ordinance restricts the issuance of business licenses to home based gun shops.

No different than restricting the locations of bars and sex shops.

It does not interfere with person to person gun sales.

After reading the accompanying article, I'm changing my vote to "this is a legitimate function of government".

This ordinance restricts the issuance of business licenses to home based gun shops.

I see your logic, but the phrase "shall not be infringed" is unqualified.

I have the same quandary when considering zoning regulations that prohibit places of worship in certain areas.

• Banned

I have the same quandary when considering zoning regulations that prohibit places of worship in certain areas.

But ownership of firearms is infringed, fully automatic weapons and sawed-off shotguns ae but two examples. It will be interesting to see if this new law is challenged and how the court(s) decide.

But ownership of firearms is infringed, fully automatic weapons and sawed-off shotguns ae but two examples. It will be interesting to see if this new law is challenged and how the court(s) decide.

Hey idiot Leftist - how would you like it if I took away your bong and tie-dyed undies.
Do gun owners a favor and shut the fuck up

Last edited:
I side with law enforcement on the issue; they are the ones facing the dangers:

But only a handful of speakers made that argument Tuesday, while the vast majority sided with police Chief John Hardester, who warned that residential gun sales would threaten public safety. Several speakers argued that the businesses would be targeted by burglars. Others said that home gun sale businesses would adversely affect property values of neighboring homes.

I am all for guns rights. I want to own guns. I just don't want alot of the rest of you to own them. *winks*

By the way, on topic, towns can zone, just not take away the right. Even the Republican Wyatt Earp and his brothers enforced gun laws in the towns they marshalled. Wyatt's last gun is still on show in Anchorage where he gave it up by request on his visit over a century ago.

Hey idiot Leftist - how would you like it if I took away your bong and tie-dyed undies.
Do gun owners a favor and shut the fuck up

You're not man enough to take away my bong or tie-dyed undies.

I don't live in Pinole, so the issue is not of great importance to me. I agree with the top cop, I don't want gun dealers, fireworks dealers or drug dealers in my neighborhood. I believe a community has the right to establish zone laws.

Forum List

Back