CDZ Gun Control vs. Mental Health Care

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
We don't need gun control in the US.

We need better mental health care.

Agree or not?

Qualified yes.

We need nutbag control. Mental health is surely part of that.
Cultural change is a bigger part.

Drugging and its side effects is a rampant problem that needs addressin'. But we could have mentally wounded people out the wazoo without the resultant gun slaughter -- mental problem or not -- if we just dropped the damn gun fetish that lies at the base of it all.

Agree or not?
I've said the same thing for years. It's difficult to get people to understand that it's not guns, it's the crazy people that use guns. A gun is not going to kill anyone all by itself. A loaded gun can stand in the corner of a room for years and never harm a living soul. It's only when a crazy person picks it up, aims, and shoots someone, that it becomes a deadly weapon. I have guns, and have had guns since I was a very young boy. My guns have never harmed a soul.

You know how hard it is to get people committed or help? And even if you do, they can talk their way out of a facility, they are only there short term.

The same is true if someone is threatening your life. They have to actually try to take your life before the police can do anything, and then, many times it's too late.

We are so worried about individual rights, people are dying because of it....

I've said the same thing for years. It's difficult to get people to understand that it's not guns, it's the crazy people that use guns

jail the violent mentally ill sicko's . Think that that was the action taken in earlier times . Was no gun control in the 60s when my Dad walked into 'Wolfs' hardware and bought a nice surplus WW2 Garand and a couple boxes of 30.06 ammo for less than 50 bucks . He looked at the ww2 version of an assault rifle , semi auto rifle paid the money and walked out the door with his rifle .

You know how hard it is to get people committed or help? And even if you do, they can talk their way out of a facility, they are only there short term.

The same is true if someone is threatening your life. They have to actually try to take your life before the police can do anything, and then, many times it's too late.

Indeed. That's exactly what I was just saying about smoking. :thup:

individual RIGHTS are the most important thing , more important than safety . Lock up the violent and the violent sickos that are mentally ill , keep them in jail after they commit violence . I don't care about their illness which is quite often self induced because of drugs or drinking .

he11 , the expurt head doctors , psychiatrists just play a game of theory , don't really fix anything but they do collect paychecks . Best to jail the violent sickos , get them out of the hair of the sane , imo !!

I've said the same thing for years. It's difficult to get people to understand that it's not guns, it's the crazy people that use guns
People are NOT dying because of protecting rights, that's pathetic and silly. People are dying because we have crazy people living amongst us. We have people that believe they have nothing to lose by killing others. We have the depressed, the drug users, the lonely, the ones going through family issues, gang members, cults, those that have no hope for the future, and those that carry hatred in their hearts 24/7.

We're NOT mind readers. We never know when someone may go postal and take out a dozen innocent lives. We don't have the technology to know what people are thinking and feeling. We can NOT blame guns for mental disorders, depression, lost hope, excessive drug use, domestic issues that result in murder or violence, gangs, cults, and other anti-social and uncivil behavior and acts. Taking away guns will NOT solve the problem.

You can't ever trust Liberals to do the right thing and mental health and gun control is not an exception.

Those idiots in New York passed that filthy SAFE Act, which had mental health provisions.

A few months ago a guy who has no record of violence suffers from insomnia and goes and sees his doctor. The doctor prescribes sleeping pills but under the SAFE Act he reports it to the state.

Then the police comes and confiscates the guy's firearms.

Then of course you have the Obama administration claiming that veterans are potential terrorists and veterans having their firearms confiscated after seeking treatment. Like I said, you can't trust Liberals to ever do anything reasonable.

January 2, 2015
Guns Confiscated after Man Seeks Insomnia Treatment

Read more: Blog Guns Confiscated after Man Seeks Insomnia Treatment

People are NOT dying because of protecting rights, that's pathetic and silly. People are dying because we have crazy people living amongst us. We have people that believe they have nothing to lose by killing others. We have the depressed, the drug users, the lonely, the ones going through family issues, gang members, cults, those that have no hope for the future, and those that carry hatred in their hearts 24/7.

We're NOT mind readers. We never know when someone may go postal and take out a dozen innocent lives. We don't have the technology to know what people are thinking and feeling. We can NOT blame guns for mental disorders, depression, lost hope, excessive drug use, domestic issues that result in murder or violence, gangs, cults, and other anti-social and uncivil behavior and acts. Taking away guns will NOT solve the problem.

True, that's not even realistic. If God Herself came down ten minutes from now and declared "that's it, no more guns can be made, ever", we'd still have more than enough for every man, woman and child, literally. You can't control that.

Throwing legislation at this is just political posturing worded to look like "we're doing something". It's not. The issue is not legislative; it's cultural. What we need is value shift. Away from the mindless worship of death machines.

You can't ever trust Liberals to do the right thing and mental health and gun control is not an exception.

Those idiots in New York passed that filthy SAFE Act, which had mental health provisions.

A few months ago a guy who has no record of violence suffers from insomnia and goes and sees his doctor. The doctor prescribes sleeping pills but under the SAFE Act he reports it to the state.

Then the police comes and confiscates the guy's firearms.

Then of course you have the Obama administration claiming that veterans are potential terrorists and veterans having their firearms confiscated after seeking treatment. Like I said, you can't trust Liberals to ever do anything reasonable.

January 2, 2015
Guns Confiscated after Man Seeks Insomnia Treatment

Read more: Blog Guns Confiscated after Man Seeks Insomnia Treatment
Again, it's not GUNS. What you have stated is a clear case of anti-America politicians attempting to please the masses in order to get re-elected, earn points, get their fifteen minutes in front of cameras, and boost their support. We have stupid laws that take away our right to privacy, laws that allow innocent citizens to go to prison via circumstantial evidence cases, and other laws that greatly damage the principles this once great nation was founded upon. The anti-America politicians have come very close to destroying everything that we hold sacred in this nation. Yet, voters continue to elect and to re-elect them to office. Go figure.

hopefully that won't happen 'pogo' , at least for the people that take being an American seriously . Just read the 'Bill of RIGHTS' and especially what the 2nd Amendment says . No serious American will ever alter their thinking on being prepared and being a properly prepared American means having efficient weapons !!

hopefully that won't happen 'pogo' , at least for the people that take being an American seriously . Just read the 'Bill of RIGHTS' and especially what the 2nd Amendment says . No serious American will ever alter their thinking on being prepared and being a properly prepared American means having efficient weapons !!

Don't know wtf that has to do with anything I posted but alrighty then... :rolleyes:

if you don't understand what you type and what I then reply to , well , I can't help you POGO . By the way , are you an 'Englishman , uk'er' , brit or similar type , maybe a 'euro'peon' of some sort ??

Agree or not?
I've said the same thing for years. It's difficult to get people to understand that it's not guns, it's the crazy people that use guns. A gun is not going to kill anyone all by itself. A loaded gun can stand in the corner of a room for years and never harm a living soul. It's only when a crazy person picks it up, aims, and shoots someone, that it becomes a deadly weapon. I have guns, and have had guns since I was a very young boy. My guns have never harmed a soul.

And what is Crazier than the product of the Ideological Left?
They reject God, the origins of rights and the responsibilities that sustain those rights.

All of which was demonstrated in the murder of 9 people ho were in their house of God, worshipping and fellowshipping with each other and God.

The origin of "THE PROBLEM", doesn't GET more obvious than THAT!

Agree or not?

Regardless of whether or not we have better mental health care or not, I just wish the media and the government would stop blaming these tragedies that happen because of the mentally ill on guns!

There are some indications that this last incident might have occurred because Dylann Roof acquired powerful psychotropic drugs on the black market. That was the cause. However, it is a better story for the media, the government, and the political elites to sell the gun story or the race story.

Agree or not?

Regardless of whether or not we have better mental health care or not, I just wish the media and the government would stop blaming these tragedies that happen because of the mentally ill on guns!

There are some indications that this last incident might have occurred because Dylann Roof acquired powerful psychotropic drugs on the black market. That was the cause. However, it is a better story for the media, the government, and the political elites to sell the gun story or the race story.

When has anyone blamed tragedies on an inanimate object?

jail the violent mentally ill sicko's . Think that that was the action taken in earlier times . Was no gun control in the 60s when my Dad walked into 'Wolfs' hardware and bought a nice surplus WW2 Garand and a couple boxes of 30.06 ammo for less than 50 bucks . He looked at the ww2 version of an assault rifle , semi auto rifle paid the money and walked out the door with his rifle .

You mean like the Cook County Jail?
America's Largest Mental Hospital Is a Jail
Cook County Jail America s Largest Mental-Health Facility - The Atlantic

Forum List

Back