Gun Control Through Executive Order: Are we ready for a King again?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
I heard our President mention using an executive order in regards to gun control issues.

What does everyone think about this?

Does using an executive order to acheive a change in the laws overreach the limits of power of the executive branch as outlined in the constitution?
Does using an executive order violate the structure that our constitution lays out where the legislature is responsible for writing law?

Do you support him using an executive order to change gun laws?

I feel like he doesn't have the authority, as president, to change gun laws through executive action and I dont support it.

I want to discuss it though because maybe im wrong about how much power the constitution gives the president in this area.

I heard our President mention using an executive order in regards to gun control issues.

Does using an executive order to acheive a change in the laws overreach the limits of power of the executive branch as outlined in the constitution?
Does using an executive order violate the structure that our constitution lays out where the legislature is responsible for writing law?

I feel like he doesn't have the authority, as president, to change gun laws through executive action and I dont support it.

I want to discuss it though because maybe im wrong about how much power the constitution gives the president in this area.
What exactly did the President say about using an Executive Order to change gun laws and when did he say it?

I'm asking because I've heard nothing about that nor has anyone I've asked about it.

Gun Control Through Executive Order: Are we ready for a King again?

No thanks! I have had enough of Republican Presidents who think they are kings..................

What exactly did the President say about using an Executive Order to change gun laws and when did he say it?

I'm asking because I've heard nothing about that nor has anyone I've asked about it.

campaign bullshit. Ask the Kotch bros., they have heard of everything!!! LOL!

Executive orders (EO) cannot make law or override the Constitutional rights afforded to and individual. Saying that, FDR did intern the Japanese Americans in WWII which could be construed as a form of imprisonment and the stripping of citizenship rights.

A president has the power and the duty to enforce the laws of this country. However some laws can be enforced with a more strict interpretation of the law and classification of the objects in that law. What is a sporting gun? Should a sporting gun only be a single shot rifle or shotgun, no repeating action? Should a sporting gun be classified as semi-automatic only and a certain caliber? These are areas an EO can be used to limit the sale and importation of firearms by a President.

Forum List

Back