Gun control protects criminals

godhelpus

Feb 13, 2008
With the recent shootings at colleges the gun control lobby has stepped into full swing. How does disarming law abiding citizens stop violence? It leaves us helpless to defend our families against criminals who obtain their guns illegally and also leaves us helpless to defend ourselves against a rogue government. We are seeing scary signs today that our government does not have the best interests of the american people at heart. They seem to be anxious to disarm the public. Also no coincidence this latest shooting took place in Illinois (obama) and has connections to the v tech shooter . Cia disarm the people before martial law anyone? WAKE UP. i bet we see obama pushing gun control big time soon.

I am amused by the fact that the people who claim to be the most patriotic then turn around and say that we can't trust our own government. I don't know if you're one of those people, but it just makes no sense.
I highly doubt that the US is going to turn into a facist military state if we control the sale and distribution of firearms. I challenge you to find any other democratic industrialized nation with strict gun control laws who have suddenly turned their military on their own people.

With the recent shootings at colleges the gun control lobby has stepped into full swing. How does disarming law abiding citizens stop violence? It leaves us helpless to defend our families against criminals who obtain their guns illegally and also leaves us helpless to defend ourselves against a rogue government. We are seeing scary signs today that our government does not have the best interests of the american people at heart. They seem to be anxious to disarm the public. Also no coincidence this latest shooting took place in Illinois (obama) and has connections to the v tech shooter . Cia disarm the people before martial law anyone? WAKE UP. i bet we see obama pushing gun control big time soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Barack_Obama#Gun_control

Though Obama does not support outlawing gun ownership for the private citizen, (He sponsored a bill in 2000 limiting handgun purchases to one per month. Obama did vote in favor of the 2006 Vitter Amendment to prohibit the confiscation of lawful firearms during an emergency or major disaster.) he does seem to strongly support gun control legislation.

I am amused by the fact that the people who claim to be the most patriotic then turn around and say that we can't trust our own government. I don't know if you're one of those people, but it just makes no sense.
I highly doubt that the US is going to turn into a facist military state if we control the sale and distribution of firearms. I challenge you to find any other democratic industrialized nation with strict gun control laws who have suddenly turned their military on their own people.

In 1929 the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

That places total victims who lost their lives because of gun control at approximately 56 million in the last century. Since we should learn from the mistakes of history, the next time someone talks in favor of gun control, find out which group of citizens they wish to have exterminated.

I also dont get where the logic comes from that says you have to trust your government to be a patriot. Believe it or not the people running our government dont care about your freedom. They are business men who are doing business on a global scale. They care about money , and power. In fact most americans dont even realize isreal pretty much runs our government.

In 1929 the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

· Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

That places total victims who lost their lives because of gun control at approximately 56 million in the last century. Since we should learn from the mistakes of history, the next time someone talks in favor of gun control, find out which group of citizens they wish to have exterminated.

I think that you are comparing “apples and oranges”. How many of those places have the same constitution that we have? How many have the Bill of Rights? How many have the “checks and balances” or the “separation of powers” provisions that we have. How many have the same value system and history that we have?

Gun control does not equal the outlawing the ownership of guns. We are far from having that come to pass. I believe in a reasonable middle ground. We should allow responsible law-abiding private citizens to own guns. We should not allow anyone off the street as many guns of any type that he wants. We do not want a crazy person to have enough machine guns to supply an army – at least I don’t.

I also dont get where the logic comes from that says you have to trust your government to be a patriot. Believe it or not the people running our government dont care about your freedom. They are business men who are doing business on a global scale. They care about money , and power. In fact most americans dont even realize isreal pretty much runs our government.

The American citizen, through indirect vote, runs our government.

I think its fair to say president bush is doing a good job at eliminating those checks and balances. I also think it is a naive statement to say the american people run our government. We have a growing number of people who feel this government has alienated itself from the people but has bent over to accomadate big business. I agree with you that certain people should not have guns. (criminals,mental illness) but gun control is a slippery slope, with the united nations openly calling for and end to our second amendment. Some really good information can be found at.

whatreallyhappened.com
infowars.com
prisonplanet.com
mparent7777-2.blogspot.com

All one has to do is open a history book. Democracies have turned into dictatorships, and the first step is ALWAYS gun control.

I said industrial democracies. None of those were.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
To blame the rise of Hitler on gun control is just so ridiculous I don't know what to say.

I think that you are comparing “apples and oranges”. How many of those places have the same constitution that we have? How many have the Bill of Rights? How many have the “checks and balances” or the “separation of powers” provisions that we have. How many have the same value system and history that we have?

What difference does it make when the government decideds it can ignore the checks and balances? It isn't an apples an oranges comparison at all. It's what happens when governments become tyrannical. No piece of paper has or would stop a government from persuing that course.

Gun control does not equal the outlawing the ownership of guns. We are far from having that come to pass. I believe in a reasonable middle ground. We should allow responsible law-abiding private citizens to own guns. We should not allow anyone off the street as many guns of any type that he wants. We do not want a crazy person to have enough machine guns to supply an army – at least I don’t.

I fail to see what the number of guns has to do with anything. You trust someone to own one, but not twenty?

I said industrial democracies. None of those were.

Which makes a difference how exactley?

To blame the rise of Hitler on gun control is just so ridiculous I don't know what to say.

Because you don't have any concept of cause and effect or what? When one meets resistance (in the form of an armed citizenry) it is harder to rise. Really out there concept I know.

In this industrial nation we live in , do you really believe that out government is looking out for us? Do you really believe that our leaders are not pushing for a U.N. backed global government. Please do some research or google cfr one world government , google fema camps, theres a first time for everything. Check out the book , the coming american holocuast.

Did I read that right? In response to this.....

I challenge you to find any other democratic industrialized nation with strict gun control laws who have suddenly turned their military on their own people.

...you are saying this?

1915 - Turkey
1929 - Soviet Union
1939 - Germany
1948 - China
1964 - Guatemala
1971 - Uganda
1975 - Cambodia

Industrialised? OK, I'll buy it just for argument's sake. Democracies?

The fact is, the German people were so desperate for change that they willingly handed over power to Hitler. Something tells me that if it took a World War and the deaths of millions of people to overcome Hitler, a few Germans with guns wouldn't have made a difference.

What difference does it make when the government decideds it can ignore the checks and balances? It isn't an apples an oranges comparison at all. It's what happens when governments become tyrannical. No piece of paper has or would stop a government from persuing that course.

Oh I am so tired of this. You are so paranoid. Bottom line: If the elected leaders do things that the people don’t like, then the people will vote to have them replaced. The government might have to go to the extreme before people “wake up” but rest assured that if enough people are disappointed enough in our government, then the people will vote to have the leaders replaced. It all comes down to that.

Oh I am so tired of this. You are so paranoid. Bottom line: If the elected leaders do things that the people don’t like, then the people will vote to have them replaced. The government might have to go to the extreme before people “wake up” but rest assured that if enough people are disappointed enough in our government, then the people will vote to have the leaders replaced. It all comes down to that.

Do you really believe the people choose in these elections. Do you realize all the canidates exept ron paul are cfr members or bush cabal. How can you even say that with the gross misconduct surrounding our fraudulent elections. No president that is not approved will ever be allowed to take office.

Do you really believe the people choose in these elections. Do you realize all the canidates exept ron paul are cfr members or bush cabal. How can you even say that with the gross misconduct surrounding our fraudulent elections. No president that is not approved will ever be allowed to take office.

There is some fraud committed by Democrats. There is some fraud committed by Republicans. The 2000 election was close and will be debated for centuries. Except for that and few other rare examples in which the elections were close, the people clearly made their desires known. There was no question that Clinton won when the election came for his presidency. Who "approves the candidate"? Did Bush approve of Clinton? There are politicians at all points of the political spectrum. Is McCain part of the “Bush cabal”? Independents have been elected into office though not into the presidency (yet). Have you heard of Jesse Ventura? The people decide in the primaries and in the general election.

Great article

lvrj.com/opinion/12544531.html

You did not get government approval to link to that article. What is that knocking at your door? It is the feds!!! They are coming to get you!!! LOL. :rofl: :rolleyes:

Look. If enough people become bothered by gun control, then the people will vote people into office who oppose gun control.

Forum List

Back