Gun control laws, gets people killed.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
When I think of Gun control laws, I think of all the people that died on September 11,2000.I wonder if there was someone armed with a Gun on that flight,would the terrorists been able to fly those two planes into the World trade center towers?. I think about the many innocent citizens killed by armed criminals,because some politician passed a Gun control law, and thus effectively prevented that citizen from buying a handgun to protect them self.
I tell you all, Gun control gets innocent people Killed.

s_doors.jpg

Gun control is given power by the entertainment industry's singular and exaggerated representation of firearms and their effects.

When I think of Gun control laws, I think of all the people that died on September 11,2000.I wonder if there was someone armed with a Gun on that flight,would the terrorists been able to fly those two planes into the World trade center towers?. I think about the many innocent citizens killed by armed criminals,because some politician passed a Gun control law, and thus effectively prevented that citizen from buying a handgun to protect them self.
I tell you all, Gun control gets innocent people Killed.

Hey Genius, firing a gun could have killed them just as easy, due to loss of cabin pressure :cuckoo:

Hey Genius, firing a gun could have killed them just as easy, due to loss of cabin pressure :cuckoo:
Not with special ammo that does not travel as fast as regular ammo, and is designed not to exit the human body.This ammo is now being used by the Federal Air marshals.The bullets won't damage the aircraft.

I hope the pilots are informed. Do your laws require that?

Gun laws are very strict on airplanes in the US. Some people don't even want a pilot to have a gun. If the pilots had guns on 9/11, the WTC towers would still be standing. The people who enacted these laws need to understand they allowed this to happen.

Check out this story about Suzanna Hupp:

On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, Hupp and her parents were having lunch at the Luby's in Killeen. She had left her handgun in her car to comply with Texas state law at the time which forbade carrying a concealed weapon. When George Hennard drove his truck into the cafeteria and opened fire on the patrons, Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her weapon, but it was in her vehicle. Her father, Al Gratia, tried to rush Hennard and was shot in the chest. As the gunman reloaded, Hupp escaped through a broken window and believed that her mother, Ursula Gratia, was behind her. Hennard put a gun to her mother's head as she cradled her mortally wounded husband. Hupp's mother and father were killed along with twenty-one other persons. Hennard also wounded some twenty others. As a survivor of the Luby's massacre, Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed-handgun laws. She said that had there been a second chance to prevent the slaughter, she would have violated the Texas law and carried the handgun inside her purse into the restaurant.

Suzanna Hupp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Armed appropriately and trained appropriately, no problem.
Sounds like paperwork and hassle to me. Criminals won't care about this kind of thing and just get the guns anyway. How about the law-abiding, upstanding citizens.

Gun laws are very strict on airplanes in the US. Some people don't even want a pilot to have a gun. If the pilots had guns on 9/11, the WTC towers would still be standing. The people who enacted these laws need to understand they allowed this to happen.

Check out this story about Suzanna Hupp:

Suzanna Hupp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I tell you when it comes to specific gun control discussions - especially when they're in a US jurisdiction - I'm reluctant to comment because it's really none of my business. In my country I would be quite happy to know the pilots were armed with the appropriate weaponry and of course trained to use them. I would be quite happy to have air marshals on our aircraft under the same conditions. Here we can't carry a firearm on a plane (legally). It has to be dismantled and locked in the baggage area of the aircraft. Cops can't carry on a plane and have to dismantle and lock away and the captain has to be informed.

Re the Hupp situation. With the high level of private ownership of firearms in the US things like this are bound to happen. If I lived in a ccw state in the US I would get a permit and I would carry everywhere I could. If I were prohibited from entering an area without my ccw handgun then I would go elsewhere. That's just a personal view, not a policy discussion.

The two cases work similarly. The airplane situation is the applied form of the principles of the general condition.

I wouldn't allow anyone other than authorised persons to carry a firearm on a plane. Dismantle it and stick it in the baggage hold.

As for gun control generally, as I said before, it's a matter for those in a particular jurisdiction and I won't pronounce on it in the US as I'm not living there.

Forum List

Back