Gun control in action in Europe thread!

Mine prevented me from being robbed and/or worse, while alone at home, in the middle of nowhere, during a blackout.. A current event in good old USA. Good thing I live here, and still have the right to protect myself.....

A well armed citizenry is what kept Hitler from invading Switzerland.

What kept Hitler out of Switzerland was not the citizenry. They would have posed no problem at all. What kept him out was the banking system.

I'm pretty sure Hitler saw any banking system as potentially his. Banking wasn't a priority for him or any others that entertained the thought of invading Switzerland. A country that makes it mandatory for all male citizens to own a gun is a deterrent. That IS their army:
WHY AN ARMED CITIZENRY

Didn't think so. Thread moved. If you're going to troll at least do it in the right place.
Ah, censorship of a non-PC thread.

The issue was gun control, a current issue.

But, that's ok, I know how you roll.

I am passionately opposed to just about any form of gun control. Your topic simply didn't fit the forum and it should have been more than obvious to you and you were trolling anyway.

Mine prevented me from being robbed and/or worse, while alone at home, in the middle of nowhere, during a blackout.. A current event in good old USA. Good thing I live here, and still have the right to protect myself.....

A well armed citizenry is what kept Hitler from invading Switzerland.

What kept Hitler out of Switzerland was not the citizenry. They would have posed no problem at all. What kept him out was the banking system.

I'm pretty sure Hitler saw any banking system as potentially his. Banking wasn't a priority for him or any others that entertained the thought of invading Switzerland. A country that makes it mandatory for all male citizens to own a gun is a deterrent. That IS their army:
WHY AN ARMED CITIZENRY

A bunch of citizens with small arms are no match for a well equipped army. An army with very recent experience kicking the ass of other trained, well equipped armies. Hitler was the head of a large government full of people who were busily robbing Europe. If you don't think a solid banking system wasn't important to them you haven't been paying attention to history. Where do you think most of that loot ended up? Switzerland was important to both sides of the conflict and kept out by being scrupulously neutral and useful. The armed citizenry played no part whatsoever.

Can anyone point to where armed citizens were able to stop Nazis in Europe?

French citizens had guns......lasted a month
Resistance lasted the whole war.

Didn't stop the Nazis from doing what they wanted

Gun nuts claim that armed citizens in Europe would have prevented Nazi atrocities. There were many armed citizens in many European countries (France, Holland, Belgium). Can anyone point to a single case where these armed citizens stopped the Nazis from rounding up who they wanted?

It really is not a good argument. A group of untrained civilians with an oddball collection of small arms against trained military units with heavy weapons. The only possible outcome is a bunch of dead civilians. And that assumes the populace actually opposes the government behind the military.
Somewhere out there on the net is a link to how many Germans were killed by irregular resistance fighters.

It was a Hell of a lot.

Didn't think so. Thread moved. If you're going to troll at least do it in the right place.
Ah, censorship of a non-PC thread.

The issue was gun control, a current issue.

But, that's ok, I know how you roll.

I am passionately opposed to just about any form of gun control. Your topic simply didn't fit the forum and it should have been more than obvious to you and you were trolling anyway.

I was not trolling I was responding to all the "we should be like Europe" bullshit, that ignores the millions of murders that "civilized" Europeans committed.

But you knew that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gun nuts claim that armed citizens in Europe would have prevented Nazi atrocities. There were many armed citizens in many European countries (France, Holland, Belgium). Can anyone point to a single case where these armed citizens stopped the Nazis from rounding up who they wanted?

It really is not a good argument. A group of untrained civilians with an oddball collection of small arms against trained military units with heavy weapons. The only possible outcome is a bunch of dead civilians. And that assumes the populace actually opposes the government behind the military.
Somewhere out there on the net is a link to how many Germans were killed by irregular resistance fighters.

It was a Hell of a lot.

Sure. Now look at all of those areas and tell me which of them wasn't successfully invaded and held until a trained army came to push them back. When we moved west in America we too encountered armed irregular resistance fighters who killed a lot of our soldiers. Can you recall how that turned out for them? Resistance fighters have never been more than an irritant and have never repelled a trained army. The idea there were farmers in Switzerland who had a hunting rifle would not have caused Hitler the least bit of concern if he had decided to invade.

That is what happened in Europe and would happen against any modern military. It only ensures that you and your family will suffer

[

I was not trolling I was responding to all the "we should be like Europe" bullshit, that ignores the millions of murders that "civilized" Europeans committed.

But you knew that.

We also know about the millions of inncent people who were killed by US Colonists or military.
In how many wars exactly? I stopped counting.
And your country is only a bit more than 250 years old. Quite an achievement.
(plus you were basically, changed a bit just the last decades, descendants of the civilized Europeans you despise.)

Forum List

Back