Gun Amendment Threatens D.C. Voting Bill

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by sealybobo, Mar 9, 2009.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    I don't know how to spell it, but Too Che GOP. Smart move. Basically, if Democrats want to give DC residents representation, they have to give them the gun rights that the rest of us have. If Liberals fight that, they'll make themselves targets of the NRA.

Gun Amendment Threatens D.C. Voting Bill : NPR

Lawmakers in the House this week are scheduled to take up a bill that would give Washington DC a voting member in Congress. Just last week the legislation appeared to be a sure thing. But then the Senate added a controversial amendment rolling back the city's gun restrictions. That's put the bill in jeopardy.

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    You are aware that ONLY States have the right to have representatives? And DC is NOT a State. This is Unconstitutional. Further giving another State an extra representative is ALSO Unconstitutional?

I suggest you Actually read the Constitution since you and a hell of a lot of other people are beyond ignorant on what it allows and doesn't allow.

3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    I didn't argue for or against that, dipshit. I'm mearly giving the GOP cudo's on their gamesmanship. If liberals want to give DC a vote, the GOP are going to give them gun rights too. And the liberals don't want that at all. The black lady who represents DC who often appears on Colbert says she will not allow it, and I'm sure she won't be alone.

This is how the GOP operates. They are clever at creating wedge issues. Gun rights. Now the NRA will be all over liberals.

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    It doesn't matter it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to give a Representative to DC and it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to Give another State a FREE Representative not based on population.

Even if this passes, unless the Supreme Court wants to invalidate the entire Authority for how our Legislature is determined by size they will have no choice but to rule it Unconstitutional.

If the Dems want DC to have a Representative they must craft an Amendment to the Constitution and THEN get it passed per the process outlined IN the Constitution. What a fucking concept... actually follow the Constitution.

The bolded portion replaced by section 2 of Amendment XIV

LII: Constitution

5. necritan

necritan Liberals are retarded

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Funny how this wedge issue is an "actual" right....listed in the "Bill of Rights"....and shouldnt be a wedge issue....it should be embraced by all.

Anyone who wishes to strike down theses rights is Un-American.