gum paste figures????? o hell...we really need a plan b?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay da mans birthday is this friday....my friend the cake person....is doing a cake..that will be a mountain covered in snow with my man telemarking down it....

plan A: we use marizipan..this is made from almond paste....and powered sugar...

well walmart aint jew friendly....then it occurrs to me....we may not be able to find the damn paste...so i panic...

there is no plan b...simply ad hoc panicing at this point....(gee it just hit me...buy almonds...and make the paste....)

so i see gum paste...if you can make flowers out of it ...you can make figures ...right?

any hints will be greatly appreciated....

she is doing this cake as a experiment....for a wedding cake due in may..with figures and all...

so basically we do the two rounds....dump a bunch of white buttercream frosting and then trees and the figure of him skiing...how hard can this be.....

now with the marizipan we knew we had to let it dry..but with the gum paste i am thinking we can do all of this thursday night and it will be good to go by late friday

well due to weather....more snow coming today and tonight...and her living on the very top of a mountain.....the cake is gonna be tough to pull off....no way i can get to her place tonight and even if i could get there....with the predicted snow i wont be able to get home.....i have most of the stuff here....so i may be doing this alone....well da man will be here lol....

Hey Bones, the old lady bakes a lot of cakes, and I make the fondant figures for her usually.

We've done some cool shit. We did an Irish themed cake for a guy who has a St Patty's birthday, about 2 years ago. Check these pics out, I made the leprechaun and the pot of gold..

l_58c6b1bd924860b8ef11c856e936c635.jpg

l_4cebde9c7706b188701e0f83952d0441.jpg

And here's a King Kong figure I did for someone who wanted King Kong climbing the Empire State Building..

l_f47f1d563f715870b588bf99c0b628ad.jpg

And this one's kind of dumb, it's a birthday cake for a kid who wanted High School Musical:

l_78f9e7517a45812ca051578c8558fe7b.jpg

If you need any tips, let me know. I'm pretty good at shaping fondant. I don't do the icing though, that's her.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back