guitar luthier beginner

moletrap

Rookie
May 1, 2015
My first and second attempt.
U7SOPsIl.jpg

8VLNqYTl.jpg

G1qCqJcl.jpg

Very cool. So mahogany, maple, and walnut make up the body and headstock? And you put poplar in there?

What wood did you use for the fretboard?

And what types of pickups did you use?
The sunburst guitar was made of poplar because I wasn't confident that it would turn out well so I didn't invest in expensive wood and the pickup and accessories are off a epiphone les paul I had on hand.
On the 3 d guitar I am using Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 pickups. The gotoh 510 bridge and tailpiece and most all of the hardware from stewart macdonald guitar supply.

Very cool. So mahogany, maple, and walnut make up the body and headstock? And you put poplar in there?

What wood did you use for the fretboard?

And what types of pickups did you use?
The sunburst guitar was made of poplar because I wasn't confident that it would turn out well so I didn't invest in expensive wood and the pickup and accessories are off a epiphone les paul I had on hand.
On the 3 d guitar I am using Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 pickups. The gotoh 510 bridge and tailpiece and most all of the hardware from stewart macdonald guitar supply.
sorry, the fretboard is rosewood.

Thanks, I am trying to create outside the box. It is hard to be original with the thousands of styles and designs out there.

Forum List

Back