Guillain-Barre Syndrome: The Truth

Well since they still don't know why AIDS emerged as fast and furious as it did from the 1980's, and since the old vaccine was no longer a requirement starting in the 70's, it was a scientific (not mine) theory that the virus was allowed to mutate from one of the other diseases that once was controlled. Makes perfect sense to me, especially since the search for the cure for AIDS continues to be studied.

Sorry if this became such an "issue." Of course it wouldn't have if one of the cons had said it. This board is becoming extremely hostile, and I'm finding I'm losing interest. Might as well give it over to the snarling righties. I have better things to do.

This has nothing to do with left vs right (at least my post didn't). I see what you mean now; I'm just saying your original post wasn't clear to me. I certainly didn't mean it to be hypercritical of you personally, I just needed you to clarify.

Sorry for the meltdown. I was having a particularly bad day, having to do with purchasing a newer used car and everybody telling me what to do. Same thing is going on today, and you'd think me and my car are the center of their universe all of a sudden. I think I'll post the dilemma in general topics and maybe get some feedback from USMBers. It certainly can't be any more irritating.
No worries! *hugs*

the disease was thought to cause sterility in some males.

It's not "thought" to cause sterility. It does cause sterility. Not in all cases, just as polio doesn't paralyze everyone (or even most people who get it). Again, the odds of the most dangerous viral or bacterial event happening might be low, but the outcome is so bad, why would anyone want to roll the dice?

My chicken "pops" scars were on my face, because I scratched. Just little, but there. Better that than shingles ---

Chickenpox is shingles. It's the same virus. Once you have chicken pox and clear it, the virus retreats in your nerves and hides out in your spinal column (more or less, the dorsal root ganglia) and waits until you are immunosuppressed as an adult to re-attack you as the shingles. It's not uncommon for an older individual who has had chicken pox to fall, break their hip, become immunosuppressed, and get the shingles with the accompanying post-herpatic neuralgia that last for years.

If you had chickenpox as a child and are over 60, you should consider getting the shingles vaccine. You have the shingles virus in you already.

Measles required a dark room, and all, because of blindness....

No, it's because photophobia is a symptom of the disease.

There exists at this time no proven link between autism, AIDS, and vaccines. The latter is primarily an urban legend if you want to give it even that much street cred.

not long ago that is what they said about anti depressants and suicide or micro waves and brain cancer

indeed they did.

the link is not from "vaccines" but from what is in the vaccine, namely themerisol which simpletons and pinheads will say is all safe and cool, but the research is showing something completly different. fortunately not all swine flu vaccines contain thimerosal, however...

growing number of scientists and researchers believe that a relationship between the increase in neurodevelopmental disorders of autism, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, and speech or language delay, and the increased use of thimerosal in vaccines is plausible and deserves more scrutiny. In 2001, the Institute of Medicine determined that such a relationship is biologically plausible, but that not enough evidence exists to support or reject this hypothesis. Recent studies have confirmed the association between the use of thimerosal and autism has moved from "biologically plausible" to a "biological certainty" (Boyd Haley). Recent work by Dr. Mark Geier and David Geier in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons and Experimental Biology and Medicine have shown strong epidemiological evidence for a causal relationship between thimerosal and neurodevelopmental disorders in children.

What Causes Autism

You'd help your cause if you didn't like to a group that is dedicated to perpetuating the autism/vaccine myth.

they used to say Thalidomide was safe too.

The FDA never said Thalidomide was safe for preganant women. Thalidomide is now being used to treat other things. Like Retin-A (also used frequently) it is reocgnized as teratogenic and not given to pregnant women.

Last edited:
I find it pretty telling that the officers and board of directors for the national autism association consists of 16 members.

Of that 16, only three have any background in the sciences (A Nurse Practitioner, A psychologist, and a public health person).

The rest of them are journalists, teachers, lawyers, homemakers, etc. They all have a common link; they have an immediate relative with autism.

I am sorry for their troubles, but might it be too much to suggest that they are approaching this issue in a biased manner?

Again, it would be nice if mercury had been established as the link to autism (as opposed to strongly ruled out). We could get by without it if need be and it would be an easy fix to the autism problem.

As it stands, if there is a link, time and effort is being wasted on the mercury debate.

I also find it dubious that the group is sponsored by several supplement stores.

Again ladies and gentlemen There has yet to be one decently done well thought out study that shows a link between thimerisol and anything other than paranoia among those whit autistic children, and that exist like every other conspiracy theory because people are always looking something or someone to blame for their problems and the answer 'we don't know, yet' isn't very satisfying even if it is more often than not the truth.

Again ladies and gentlemen There has yet to be one decently done well thought out study that shows a link between thimerisol and anything other than paranoia among those whit autistic children, and that exist like every other conspiracy theory because people are always looking something or someone to blame for their problems and the answer 'we don't know, yet' isn't very satisfying even if it is more often than not the truth.

However, there have been decently done and well thought out studies that show that there isn't a link between mercury and autism.

However, there have been decently done and well thought out studies that show that there isn't a link between mercury and autism.

it is an established fact that mercury destroys the brain and nervous system, even a pregnant woman who eats fish containing mercury can devastate the baby. So to think that an Injection containing mercury is all safe and good is to be foolish to say the least.

Mercury Health Effects

Health Effects | Mercury | US EPA

Toxicological Profile for Mercury

ATSDR - Toxicological Profile: Mercury

Mercury - What is its role in Autism and Alzheimer's Disease?
Boyd Haley, Ph.D., is a professor and the chairman of the chemistry department at the University of Kentucky since 1996

http://www.nomercury.org/media/haley/haley_files/default.htm

Selected Studies on the Toxicity of Thimerosal Published in Peer Reviewed Scientific and Medical Journals

Selected Studies on the Toxicity of Thimerosal Published in Peer Reviewed Scientific and Medical Journals

Biochemical and molecular basis of thimerosal-induced apoptosis in T cells: a major role of mitochondrial pathway

S Makani, S Gollapudi, L Yel, S Chiplunkar and S Gupta
Cellular and Molecular Immunology Laboratories, Division of Basic and Clinical Immunology, University of California, Irvine, CA
92697, USA

Thimerosal is used as an antimicrobial agent and a preservative in cleaning solutions for eye lenses, cosmetics, and vaccines. It is estimated that an infant could be exposed to as high as 187.5 g of ethylmercury from the routine immunization schedule.12 Because of healthrelated concern from exposure to Hg from thimerosal containing vaccines, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), and the United States Public Health Service have published their recommendations to remove and greatly reduce thimerosal from vaccines a soon as possible.

12 Hg has been shown to induce a number of immunological and neurotoxic changes, including increased production of Th2 cytokines, increased levels of IgE, decreased activity of T cells and NK cell, suppression of IgG, production of autoantibodies to a variety of self antigens (eg,neural antigens), and apoptosis in microglia and astrocytes. 13–21 The majority of these studies have been performed both in vitro and in vivo in experimental animals. Because of likely exposure to high levels of Hg via vaccines containing thimerosal and its possible effects on the immune system, we examined the effect of thimerosal in concentrations well within exposure on biochemical and molecular steps of T cell apoptosis.

http://www.nature.com/gene/journal/v3/n5/pdf/6363854a.pdf

vaccines are a cash cow and doctors dont want to lose out on that milk.

Last edited:
it is an established fact that mercury destroys the brain and nervous system, even a pregnant woman who eats fish containing mercury can devastate the baby. So to think that an Injection containing mercury is all safe and good is to be foolish to say the least.

Methyl mercury is the most common organic derivative of mercury and is mainly produced by microorganisms in water and soil. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s safe exposure guidelines for mercury are based on exposure to methyl mercury.

There are important differences, however, between methyl mercury exposure and thimerosal exposure.

Thimerosal contains ethyl mercury, which is chemically different from methyl mercury.

The timing and route of exposure are different for these two chemicals.

Methyl Mercury

People usually become exposed to methyl mercury by eating contaminated fish, and methyl mercury can accumulate in the body when contaminated fish are consumed regularly over time. Exposure to high levels of methyl mercury is toxic and can cause mental retardation, cerebral palsy, and seizures in children exposed to methyl mercury before birth. Methyl mercury is passed from the mother to the fetus before birth and to infants through breast milk. The developing brain (before birth) is the most sensitive to damage by methyl mercury.

Ethyl Mercury

Prior to the removal of thimerosal from childhood recommended vaccines, infants were exposed to ethyl mercury by intramuscular injection during vaccination, not by ingestion. Furthermore, infants received thimerosal from childhood vaccines that were administered days or months apart. In contrast, methyl mercury exposure, primarily from foods, tends to occur over a longer sustained period of time.

Mercury Health Effects

Health Effects | Mercury | US EPA

Toxicological Profile for Mercury

ATSDR - Toxicological Profile: Mercury

Mercury - What is its role in Autism and Alzheimer's Disease?
Boyd Haley, Ph.D., is a professor and the chairman of the chemistry department at the University of Kentucky since 1996

http://www.nomercury.org/media/haley/haley_files/default.htm

Biochemical and molecular basis of thimerosal-induced apoptosis in T cells: a major role of mitochondrial pathway

S Makani, S Gollapudi, L Yel, S Chiplunkar and S Gupta
Cellular and Molecular Immunology Laboratories, Division of Basic and Clinical Immunology, University of California, Irvine, CA
92697, USA

Thimerosal is used as an antimicrobial agent and a preservative in cleaning solutions for eye lenses, cosmetics, and vaccines. It is estimated that an infant could be exposed to as high as 187.5 g of ethylmercury from the routine immunization schedule.12 Because of healthrelated concern from exposure to Hg from thimerosal containing vaccines, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), and the United States Public Health Service have published their recommendations to remove and greatly reduce thimerosal from vaccines a soon as possible.

12 Hg has been shown to induce a number of immunological and neurotoxic changes, including increased production of Th2 cytokines, increased levels of IgE, decreased activity of T cells and NK cell, suppression of IgG, production of autoantibodies to a variety of self antigens (eg,neural antigens), and apoptosis in microglia and astrocytes. 13–21 The majority of these studies have been performed both in vitro and in vivo in experimental animals. Because of likely exposure to high levels of Hg via vaccines containing thimerosal and its possible effects on the immune system, we examined the effect of thimerosal in concentrations well within exposure on biochemical and molecular steps of T cell apoptosis.

http://www.nature.com/gene/journal/v3/n5/pdf/6363854a.pdf

vaccines are a cash cow and doctors dont want to lose out on that milk.

None of the above established any link to autism. It's another dubious cause and effect argument. The issue has been studied extensively, and mercury has been removed from most vaccines where it is possible and the autism rate continues to persist.

We don't know the pathophysiology of autism, so making any definitive statements about causation are premature at best. We do know that the autism rates in countries where they don't use mercury are the same as they are here. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

You continually post bullshit on here that has holes shot in it. Instead of acknowledging it, you ignore your claims and throw out more bullshit claims.

Don't expect me to take any group seriously that claims that chelation therapy as a legitimate treatment.

Chelation Therapy: Unproven Claims and Unsound Theories

In October 1989, chelation therapy was listed as one of "The Top Ten Health Frauds" in an article in FDA Consumer.

And other than treating the "Bends" in divers, hyperbaric chambers are of little use.

I won't even tough the "vitamen and herbal supplement" treatment regiments. Hopefully they aren't given these kids Kava.

Finally, please feel free to show how vaccines are a "cash cow" for the government. Don't forget to account for the overhead.

Last edited:
Finally, please feel free to show how vaccines are a "cash cow" for the government. Don't forget to account for the overhead.

As has been stated by Xo, docs lose money (or break even if they're lucky) on vaccines.

And as was asked (and ignored) in another thread, what do these people think is going to generate more revenue, a vaccine or treating the disease and its complications?

As has been stated by Xo, docs lose money (or break even if they're lucky) on vaccines.

And as was asked (and ignored) in another thread, what do these people think is going to generate more revenue, a vaccine or treating the disease and its complications?

Of course. It's like what is going to make the pharm companies (and Doctors) more money? Intervening for someone who is pre-hypertensive (like me) or pre-diabetic through lifestyle changes, or having them take HCTZ + an ACE for 40 years or Metformin?

I've yet to hear a Dr. say "tell them to remain unhealthy! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!"

Medicine is not a profit driven venture.

One reason why I think the anti-healthcare people miss the point.

Omg. That really deserves a sticky for being one of the most retarded posts ever.

Aids caused by childhood immunizations. Priceless.

Not what I said. Try comprehension exercises, idiot.

For the record, I got what you were trying to say. Less Igs due to less vaccination might have opened up a nice for other viruses to attack the body.

I think that would be hard to prove, but I got your point and didn't take it to be that "vaccines cause HIV" in the least.

New Topics

Forum List

Back