Guidelines for cdz forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
I noticed this: Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that if you start a thread in the CDZ with the intention of having a clean debate, it will no longer be moved due to those intent on ruining the experience for everyone else.

I just had a thread removed from the cdz forum.

Should I talk to a mod about this?

I noticed this: Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that if you start a thread in the CDZ with the intention of having a clean debate, it will no longer be moved due to those intent on ruining the experience for everyone else.

Sure. Give it a shot. I don't think that has ever done any good for anyone else, but you might be the lucky one.

Better to talk to the bartender. He has a sympathetic ear.

Some mods are easier to talk to than others, but you can always try.

We used to have a poster here who worked for the Hillary campaign clandestinely, and he would start endless threads in the clean debate forum, the majority of which tried to establish the very simple minded notion that the left was smart and the right was stupid. I never thought they belonged in the clean debate forum because they did not express a sincere desire for clean debate, but were mere partisan baiting.

Most of those stayed, but seems to me that the entire notion of clean debate should be predicated upon the actual desire for one.

We used to have a poster here who worked for the Hillary campaign clandestinely, and he would start endless threads in the clean debate forum, the majority of which tried to establish the very simple minded notion that the left was smart and the right was stupid. I never thought they belonged in the clean debate forum because they did not express a sincere desire for clean debate, but were mere partisan baiting.

Most of those stayed, but seems to me that the entire notion of clean debate should be predicated upon the actual desire for one.

I always thought the “clean debate zone” was for a debate free from profanity. Debate is supposed to be the clashing of opposing ideas. If someone wants to start with a false premise, I don’t see a problem…nearly every thread on every board is started on a false premise (i.e. the left is for open borders).

What I would like to see is a forum where the mods actually act as fact checkers . I’m actually having a debate with some dumbass who claims that the 9 out of every 10 who try to cross the border, do so. His source? His gut.

Anyway, clean debate sees like it means no profanity; not no opposition. Starting from a faulty premise is the right of everyone since premises are often based on opinion as much as objective data.

I always thought the “clean debate zone” was for a debate free from profanity. Debate is supposed to be the clashing of opposing ideas. If someone wants to start with a false premise, I don’t see a problem…nearly every thread on every board is started on a false premise (i.e. the left is for open borders).

What I would like to see is a forum where the mods actually act as fact checkers . I’m actually having a debate with some dumbass who claims that the 9 out of every 10 who try to cross the border, do so. His source? His gut.

Anyway, clean debate sees like it means no profanity; not no opposition. Starting from a faulty premise is the right of everyone since premises are often based on opinion as much as objective data.

What my post in the CDZ demonstrates is that the rules or guidelines for the CDZ are meaningless....as in not being enforced....now why is that?

I had two responses to my thread in the cdz before it was moved to the rubber room....one guy wanted it moved because he did not like the thread and the other guy used obscene language.

All of this happened in about 10 mins. The post was mainly about freedom of speech...so what does that tell you?

I think the whole thing is quite obvious and demonstrates a big problem on this board.

It seems someone gave you a very sympathetic ear....you suggested my post should be moved and in about 10 quick mins. it was.....how is it you have so much influence?

Who in the hell else would you contact via PM for an answer? A call out thread will never work..

It seems someone gave you a very sympathetic ear....you suggested my post should be moved and in about 10 quick mins. it was.....how is it you have so much influence?
It's the hat..You've never seen a hasidic cowboy from Texass before have you?

Who in the hell else would you contact via PM for an answer? A call out thread will never work..

I was being sarcastic...as in...have you ever known anyone to get a fair hearing from one of them?

I was being sarcastic...as in...have you ever known anyone to get a fair hearing from one of them?
I don’t think they can hear, most are over eighty.

It's the hat..You've never seen a hasidic cowboy from Texass before have you?

I do not know anything about him other than he appears to be a buffoon that the mods like. As I said on the thread...how can anyone that identifies with one of the biggest phonies in Ameican History have any truth in them?

Hasidic?

Last edited:

Do not let me lead you into dangerous territory....I just got back from a banning...thus I am mad, bad and dangerous to know...as in I have no fear of being banned...I waste too much time on here anyhow trying to enlighten the clueless...I thought my post was one of my best yet even the conservatives??? seemed not to get what I was talking about or more likely....like so many they have no appreciation of the concept of freedom of speech.

One respondee even thought it was terrible that I would refer to the founding fathers and their desire for all Americans to have free speech.

the curmudgeons are a big problem on all the boards....and what is hilarious is that a lot of them think they are really consevative....granted they are mostly republicans but of the never Trump variety.

What my post in the CDZ demonstrates is that the rules or guidelines for the CDZ are meaningless....as in not being enforced....now why is that?

I had two responses to my thread in the cdz before it was moved to the rubber room....one guy wanted it moved because he did not like the thread and the other guy used obscene language.

All of this happened in about 10 mins. The post was mainly about freedom of speech...so what does that tell you?

I think the whole thing is quite obvious and demonstrates a big problem on this board.

I agree.

I have no influence and I don't remember suggesting your post be moved. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

You should read the rules which state if you have an issue with

moderation, contact a mod.

In other words don’t start a thread on it.

In a nutshell that is what the CDZ is for. It also means no flaming or putting down other members.

It is also not meant to be a partisan soap box where one side can bait the other. How a topic is framed goes a long way in determining whether it will work in CDZ.

I have no influence and I don't remember suggesting your post be moved. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

My apologies...I coinfused you with another poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back