Guidelines for cdz forum

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by MacTheKnife, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacTheKnife

MacTheKnife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,235
    I noticed this: Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that if you start a thread in the CDZ with the intention of having a clean debate, it will no longer be moved due to those intent on ruining the experience for everyone else.

I just had a thread removed from the cdz forum.

Should I talk to a mod about this?

2. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,810
    Sure. Give it a shot. I don't think that has ever done any good for anyone else, but you might be the lucky one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,049
    Better to talk to the bartender. He has a sympathetic ear.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. Dogmaphobe

Dogmaphobe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,019
    Some mods are easier to talk to than others, but you can always try.

We used to have a poster here who worked for the Hillary campaign clandestinely, and he would start endless threads in the clean debate forum, the majority of which tried to establish the very simple minded notion that the left was smart and the right was stupid. I never thought they belonged in the clean debate forum because they did not express a sincere desire for clean debate, but were mere partisan baiting.

Most of those stayed, but seems to me that the entire notion of clean debate should be predicated upon the actual desire for one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,180
    I always thought the “clean debate zone” was for a debate free from profanity. Debate is supposed to be the clashing of opposing ideas. If someone wants to start with a false premise, I don’t see a problem…nearly every thread on every board is started on a false premise (i.e. the left is for open borders).

What I would like to see is a forum where the mods actually act as fact checkers . I’m actually having a debate with some dumbass who claims that the 9 out of every 10 who try to cross the border, do so. His source? His gut.

Anyway, clean debate sees like it means no profanity; not no opposition. Starting from a faulty premise is the right of everyone since premises are often based on opinion as much as objective data.

6. MacTheKnife

MacTheKnife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,235
    What my post in the CDZ demonstrates is that the rules or guidelines for the CDZ are meaningless....as in not being enforced....now why is that?

I had two responses to my thread in the cdz before it was moved to the rubber room....one guy wanted it moved because he did not like the thread and the other guy used obscene language.

All of this happened in about 10 mins. The post was mainly about freedom of speech...so what does that tell you?

I think the whole thing is quite obvious and demonstrates a big problem on this board.

7. MacTheKnife

MacTheKnife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,235
    It seems someone gave you a very sympathetic ear....you suggested my post should be moved and in about 10 quick mins. it was.....how is it you have so much influence?

8. Moonglow

Moonglow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,680
    Who in the hell else would you contact via PM for an answer? A call out thread will never work..

9. Moonglow

Moonglow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,680
    It's the hat..You've never seen a hasidic cowboy from Texass before have you?

10. MacTheKnife

MacTheKnife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,235

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.