"Guided" by God

Exactly where did I say that "I know" what God would or would not do? I did say, I don';t believe God would...

When you have something to say that means something, say it, otherwise no need to prove your ignorance.

How about this:

No reason...you just believe that for some reason this all-knowing being who ordered people to kill in the past will not order people to kill in "modern" times.

Makes perfect sense...

You have no reason to believe what you claim. In other words, you're just making shit up as you go, based on what you believe is right. Sounds like you're using your personal sense of right and wrong to determine what god would do, rather than god determining what's right and wrong.

Hey N4m, are you not being just a bit harsh on smart??

The popular concept of god is not the same as that is described in the Old testament. Or with the concept of he crusades...or like those of the fringe nuts that blow buildings, and people up.

Don't you see. God has changed his ways!!:razz:

He is not being harsh, just exposing his character. However, regarding the OT and how God presented Himself, I believe God is working in and with His creation in such a way that His creation can understand. In the OT God was developing a people, and it was written to cover the events that were needed for the people to understand just what God is all about.

In the OT God was developing a people who needed to know Him in a mighty way. They needed to have a visual of just what it means to not mix with the immoral, or not to share in the wordhip of other gods. God was and is serions about His people remaining free of all of that kind of stuff. However, it took the visuals for us to understand. In modern times, now that God has given us the full Scriptures, we can see and understand much better.

An honest and dilligent Bible study, with seeking truth as a motive, will help clear up any major issues one has, unless they take their own biases into that study and are unwilliong to adjust to the wisdom in the Word.

In this modern age, I personally don't believe God will tell anyone to kill another person, as did the people mentioned here.

It's good to know you personally know exactly what god would or would not do. No reason...you just know that for some reason this all-knowing being who ordered people to kill in the past will not order people to kill in "modern" times.

Makes perfect sense...

Exactly where did I say that "I know" what God would or would not do? I did say, I don';t believe God would...

When you have something to say that means something, say it, otherwise no need to prove your ignorance.

Okay then.....lemmie ask you a question............

What are you going to do when HaShem (God) does something that you absolutely believe with all your being that He wouldn't do, because of your narrow view, but yet does?

Remember.........it's been said in the Bible "Either God is Everything or He is nothing". Or, as Richard Bach put it in his book "Illusions"........"The only sin is to limit the Is. Don't."

Remember......when you place Father in a box, you limit Him, and then the thing that you are worshiping isn't God, but rather your own twisted image of Him.

Which is why in the 10 Commandments, God stated "Thou shalt not worship false idols".

How about this:

No reason...you just believe that for some reason this all-knowing being who ordered people to kill in the past will not order people to kill in "modern" times.

Makes perfect sense...

You have no reason to believe what you claim. In other words, you're just making shit up as you go, based on what you believe is right. Sounds like you're using your personal sense of right and wrong to determine what god would do, rather than god determining what's right and wrong.

The popular concept of god is not the same as that is described in the Old testament. Or with the concept of he crusades...or like those of the fringe nuts that blow buildings, and people up.

But you see...it is only rational to change if new data becomes available to provide a reason to change. How can new data become available to an all-knowing god? If god changed, then it seems to me he is either not all-knowing, or completely irrational.

:lol:

How about this:

Makes perfect sense...

He is not being harsh, just exposing his character. However, regarding the OT and how God presented Himself, I believe God is working in and with His creation in such a way that His creation can understand. In the OT God was developing a people, and it was written to cover the events that were needed for the people to understand just what God is all about.

In the OT God was developing a people who needed to know Him in a mighty way. They needed to have a visual of just what it means to not mix with the immoral, or not to share in the wordhip of other gods. God was and is serions about His people remaining free of all of that kind of stuff. However, it took the visuals for us to understand. In modern times, now that God has given us the full Scriptures, we can see and understand much better.

An honest and dilligent Bible study, with seeking truth as a motive, will help clear up any major issues one has, unless they take their own biases into that study and are unwilliong to adjust to the wisdom in the Word.

This is just rationalizing what you want to believe. I'm not being harsh. You see, anyone can make up an explanation. What you can't do is support it with anything other than your own personal speculation. If you choose to use your imagination in creative twists to explain the view you want to hold, then there's nothing I can do to stop you and no reason for me to argue. I can only debate the objective points like what the bible actually says, or philosophical points of logic. I can't debate your personal opinions or fantasies. But I can point out that it's just unsupported assertions on your part. That's not being harsh.

And I have studied the bible quite extensively, and all my life my motive has been to seek truth. That's what led me from a staunch believer to atheism. I was willing to look honestly and objectively for the truth. Often what believers mean when they tell you to "seek truth" is to seek evidence to confirm a conclusion you have already reached- that god is real and good, etc... That's not seeking truth. That's seeking reassurance.

I think if your guided by god to help others, or yourself. To do positive actions

then its guided by god, all negative, hurtful, violent things are guided by satah, and we choose to either follow or not

When people say they are "guided by God", are they all crazy? How can you tell the "real" ones from the not real?

John Glenn Gets Slugged - UPI.com

It's great if you think that. There's no reason to think that. My objection is that you can't prove that your position is a more philosophically sound position than the person who believes god wants then to murder gays and abotion doctors. Without any foundation for belief, it is up to individual interpretation and can be used to justify any action- not just positive ones.

It's good to know you personally know exactly what god would or would not do. No reason...you just know that for some reason this all-knowing being who ordered people to kill in the past will not order people to kill in "modern" times.

Makes perfect sense...

How about this:

Makes perfect sense...

I believe God works in a different way now that He has established His Kingdom. In the past He had to protect a people who were learning and very confused about God. We are still learning, but we have the Bible and they did not have that. He does not have to make such vivid illustrations of His message now.

Bible study is the reason I believe the way I do.

Good for you. I like the Bible, also. However, I am antinomian, and I really do not care what anybody else says about God and the truth.

Makes perfect sense...

Okay then.....lemmie ask you a question............

What are you going to do when HaShem (God) does something that you absolutely believe with all your being that He wouldn't do, because of your narrow view, but yet does?

Remember.........it's been said in the Bible "Either God is Everything or He is nothing". Or, as Richard Bach put it in his book "Illusions"........"The only sin is to limit the Is. Don't."

Remember......when you place Father in a box, you limit Him, and then the thing that you are worshiping isn't God, but rather your own twisted image of Him.

Which is why in the 10 Commandments, God stated "Thou shalt not worship false idols".

If God did that which I did not believe He would do, I would start believing He would do it.
Where does it say in the Bible that "either God is Everything or God is nothing"?
My beliefs about God do not put Him in a box. They are just my beliefs. Because I am not all knowing, I can make adjustments in what I believe if God turns out to be different from wiat I believe.

Oops......my bad.........

The quote "either God is Everything or God is Nothing" comes from Alcoholics Anonymous.

Still........the concept is the same. It's also reflected in Judaism.

The quote "either God is Everything or God is Nothing" comes from Alcoholics Anonymous.

Where is the idea that "either God is everything or God is nothing" found in the Bible? Where is it reflected in Judaism. They believe, as do Christians, that the character of God has never changed, or been in question by believers. Nowhere does the Bible ever say that "God is everything." Nowhere, that I know of, does Judaism say that it is possible that God is nothing.

Where is the idea that "either God is everything or God is nothing" found in the Bible? Where is it reflected in Judaism. They believe, as do Christians, that the character of God has never changed, or been in question by believers. Nowhere does the Bible ever say that "God is everything." Nowhere, that I know of, does Judaism say that it is possible that God is nothing.

Actually, there is a part in the Torah and the Tanach that talk about your soul. According to it, your soul is actually a small piece of God Himself that He carved out from under His Throne with the blade of self will. That tiny spark of Himself was placed in the embryo created by your mother and father (incidentally, the nervous system, which runs on electricity, doesn't show up in the embryo until around the 40 day mark).

It also speaks of Him creating the angels in kind of the same way. Now......every living thing has an angel that watches over it (according to Judaism), and if angels are still other pieces of God, then God is Everything.

Or.........you don't believe in God, therefore, to you He is nothing.

But then again.......you could also go into Taoist philosophy which states that everything came from nothing (the Tao is sometimes referred to as nothing), or, as it states in the Tao Te Ching, Nothing gave birth to Everything.

Depends on which way you want to go.

Actually, there is a part in the Torah and the Tanach that talk about your soul. According to it, your soul is actually a small piece of God Himself that He carved out from under His Throne with the blade of self will. That tiny spark of Himself was placed in the embryo created by your mother and father (incidentally, the nervous system, which runs on electricity, doesn't show up in the embryo until around the 40 day mark).

It also speaks of Him creating the angels in kind of the same way. Now......every living thing has an angel that watches over it (according to Judaism), and if angels are still other pieces of God, then God is Everything.

But then again.......you could also go into Taoist philosophy which states that everything came from nothing (the Tao is sometimes referred to as nothing), or, as it states in the Tao Te Ching, Nothing gave birth to Everything.

Where in the Tora and Tanach do you find any of this ? "Actually, there is a part in the Torah and the Tanach that talk about your soul. According to it, your soul is actually a small piece of God Himself that He carved out from under His Throne with the blade of self will. That tiny spark of Himself was placed in the embryo created by your mother and father (incidentally, the nervous system, which runs on electricity, doesn't show up in the embryo until around the 40 day mark)."

If a person is guided by God, they will behave in a Godly manner and not go against the teachings of the bible...for Christians, that's the NT. I'm not aware of any teaching, either in the OT or the NT which says we should eschew medical attention, though I believe people should have the right to choose what course of treatment to follow for themselves and their children. Provided it isn't in the form of refusing to take your children to the dr after you kick them in the stomach and rupture their spleen, of course.

But there are certain problematic disorders and diseases that I believe should be left to the parents to decide...even if people who aren't aware of all the facts insist that the parents should be forced to seek care which may or may not prolong the life of the child, or may possibly prolong the life of a terminally ill child but have such horrible side effects, the parents opt out of using it.

Where in the Tora and Tanach do you find any of this ? "Actually, there is a part in the Torah and the Tanach that talk about your soul. According to it, your soul is actually a small piece of God Himself that He carved out from under His Throne with the blade of self will. That tiny spark of Himself was placed in the embryo created by your mother and father (incidentally, the nervous system, which runs on electricity, doesn't show up in the embryo until around the 40 day mark)."

No.......I stated that it states in the Torah and the Tanach that our soul is actually a small piece of God that He carved out from under His Throne. Check out the Universal Torah Network, or, watch God's Learning Channel on Sundays, a show called "Hidden in the Hebrew" with Uri Harel. Both places have taught lessons on this.

Not my fault you are blinded by your own belief systems.

There is also a place where it refers to each and every living thing having it's own angel to watch over it.

The rest was my own extrapolation based on what I'd learned.

Last edited:
No.......I stated that it states in the Torah and the Tanach that our soul is actually a small piece of God that He carved out from under His Throne.

Nobody should be expected to take you seriously if you're unable to cite specific verses.

No.......I stated that it states in the Torah and the Tanach that our soul is actually a small piece of God that He carved out from under His Throne. Check out the Universal Torah Network, or, watch God's Learning Channel on Sundays, a show called "Hidden in the Hebrew" with Uri Harel. Both places have taught lessons on this.

Not my fault you are blinded by your own belief systems.

There is also a place where it refers to each and every living thing having it's own angel to watch over it.

The rest was my own extrapolation based on what I'd learned.

In other words, you have no clue where these things are found, right? Truth be known, they are not there. Your opinion is blowing in the wind.

Forum List

Back