Guess why this song gives me goosebumps? lol

I did enjoy it. When teams up and move, it can be crushing for the fans. I can't imagine my Pittsburgh Steelers becoming the San Fran Steelers, or the Saint Louis Steelers. I think I'd die. Good or bad, I love them.
I'm so happy for you. Are you close enough to go to the Ram games?

Exactly.you see where I am coming from obviously. Just wondering Irish Ram,had your steelers done that as well and did move to a city like that,would you have done the same thing I did and root against them each week and for the other 31 teams that played them each week to win?

You have such an attachment to something you love so much that its the same thing as if having a woman you were faithful and loyal to and you loved her dearly,up and left you for another man.the taste in your mouth is so bitter you hate that person.

I still to this day refuse to call the cardinals anything but the st louis cardinals or the colts the baltimore colts.

thank god a wrong has finally been righted huh? The Rams leaving LA is like the yankees leaving new york for orlando florida or something.Its just not the same.a teams identity is the CITY.

I cant think of a more asinine and childish name to call a football team worse than st louis Rams.Like i said,it sounds so childish to call them that.:mad:

to answer your question though,I MIGHT go see the 49ers game later this year.Will be great to see that california rivalry renewed.That would be the one game I could go to because to answer your question,no I dont even live in california.I live in the midwest.

even though i have lived in the midwest my whole life,I was still against the move back then obviously and I refused to see a game in st louis even though they were much closer to me and that is because if the Rams dont play in LA,then they aren't the Rams.That was some phony fraud team playing in st louis the last 21 years,that wasnt the Rams.

when the Rams left LA,I lost complete interest in NFL football as I am sure you would if the steelers ever left pittsburgh. when the Rams were in LA,I always got excited about those monday night football matchups with the 49ers because it was always fun watching that califonia rivalry. after they left,I was like WHO CARES? Nobody cared about watching that game because the rivarly was dead after they left.

the san francisco fans are happy the Rams are back as well. Matter of fact a couple of years ago,I was told that 49er fans at a game in san francisco were yelling out BEAT LA when they were still playing in st louis.:up:

Last edited:
I mentioned how when the Rams left LA i rooted against them each week.I was really depressed when they won the superbowl out there.:mad: with the Rams back in LA though,I dont care if they go 0-16.I will always love them and cheer them on.:up:

as long as they are always the LA Rams and they will be,the NFL is never going to allow them to leave again because LA is way too valuable a market to them.:banana::up::thup:

Pittsburgh was a major steel producer, and is why the team is named the Pittsburgh Steelers. Becoming the Kansas City Steelers just wouldn't make sense. I've never been a Browns fan, but felt so bad for those who were, when they moved. But they came back too. I hope now the teams realize that losing their fan base is not a good thing. I understand that money is the motivator, but loyalty should play a big part of the decision to relocate. And then they shouldn't go.
They become our teams too. And when they leave it really is like getting a divorce. If the Steelers moved, I'd never watch them again, unless they came back home, where they belong. I think the Rams found that out. But they are home now, where they belong. So happy you got your team back. I'll be thinking of you every time the Rams play.

I do have a little bit of partially to the Green Bay Packers. My great uncle played for them. He is in the Football Hall of Fame. I was so happy when they named their practice field after him. His name was Clarke Hinkle. Thanks to him, I could kick a perfect spiral farther than any boy in town. :)

Pittsburgh was a major steel producer, and is why the team is named the Pittsburgh Steelers. Becoming the Kansas City Steelers just wouldn't make sense. I've never been a Browns fan, but felt so bad for those who were, when they moved. But they came back too. I hope now the teams realize that losing their fan base is not a good thing. I understand that money is the motivator, but loyalty should play a big part of the decision to relocate. And then they shouldn't go.
They become our teams too. And when they leave it really is like getting a divorce. If the Steelers moved, I'd never watch them again, unless they came back home, where they belong. I think the Rams found that out. But they are home now, where they belong. So happy you got your team back. I'll be thinking of you every time the Rams play.

I do have a little bit of partially to the Green Bay Packers. My great uncle played for them. He is in the Football Hall of Fame. I was so happy when they named their practice field after him. His name was Clarke Hinkle. Thanks to him, I could kick a perfect spiral farther than any boy in town. :)
Yeah I remember that story you told me once.thats pretty neat.that is cool that you would do the same thing with the steelers that I did with the Rams if they ever left,that you would not watch them again.:thup:

Like I said,the Rams will never leave LA again thats a given because the NFL is for sure never going to allow that to happen.to lose the
2nd biggest media market in the country.

The reason that will never happen that the Rams will never leave again is its funny you brought up the cleveland browns leaving because it was one year later after my Rams left that both the Browns and the Oilers left as well. NFL teams moving from one city to another became commonplace like players leaving one team for another team so much that the NFL finally got wise and brought up new relocation rules that make it MUCH tougher for teams to leave now. Teams cannot just move at will now like the Rams did back then and the Browns as well.

After the Rams and Oilers left their cities for much smaller markets,the NFL FINALLY got wise and drew up new relocation rules that make it much tougher for teams to leave now. Teams no longer can leave a major market for a much smaller market now anymore.

That is why the Rams have been the only team that has moved since then because the NFL wanted a team in LA and they wisely recognized the Rams with their history there,were the best fit.They did not want an expansion team.The Rams DID fit the criteria to move because the Rams honored the terms of the lease agreement they signed with the city when they moved there but the city did not honor the terms.
The Rams moved into a much bigger market so they did not violate any NFL rules.

Unfortunately these rules were not in place back then.Had they been in place,the Oilers and the Rams for sure would NEVER have been allowed to move.Not sure about the Browns since Baltimore MIGHT be a bigger market than cleveland.I dont know for sure about them.I just know for sure the Rams and Oilers would never have had a prayer to leave back then if those rules had been in place back then at that time.;)

Forum List

Back