Guess Who's Sending Troops to Iraq?

Originally posted by Kathianne
Surprise, surprise. Maybe now they can justify us keeping our troops there:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=516&e=32&u=/ap/20040611/ap_on_re_as/skorea_iraq_1

Too little too late as far as I am concerned.

I spent two tours in Korea. One in '79 and another in '85. In '79, there were enough Koreans there that remembered our little contribution to their effort in 51, 52 and 53. Especially if you got out of the military towns and into the rural areas. However, even the younger Korean's were resentful at our presence. It was worse in '85.

I am kinda of the belief, that if they don't want us there, we should get the hell out.

Enough rant.

Oh I agree with you on getting out. Just strikes me as just desserts that the same week we say we will give them what they 'want' they give this. Interesting. Schroeder stayed for Reagan's funeral. More interesting.

Im of the mind the more the merrier. If france suddenly decided to send troops(you know after the heavy fighting is over of course) im sure we could find some latrines that need a scrubbing and some potatoes that need a peeling. The French have special battalions for that right?

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Did Chirac or Putin?

I'm not sure on Putin, but not Chirac. The differences with the French are really more than style.

Originally posted by insein
Im of the mind the more the merrier. If france suddenly decided to send troops(you know after the heavy fighting is over of course) im sure we could find some latrines that need a scrubbing and some potatoes that need a peeling. The French have special battalions for that right?

:rotflmao:

French Fries anyone?

i don't much care for the french. i remember when in the name of propping up a francophone client state (rwanda) against an english speaking enemy (the Rwandan Patriotic Front, a ragtag rebel group that ended up halting a genocide the rest of the world stood by and ignored), they sent troops in to rwanda and helped the HUTU power terrorists complete their genocide of over 800,000 innocent people in less than 100 days.

however, today france has basically given us their bases in east africa to use, devoted a substantial amount of its troops and navy to assist us in that region, and has helped out in africa on several occasions by (A) sending troops to augment or support a UN peacekeeping/peacemaking operation or (B) acting on their own to stop a civil war (ivory coast) and seperate the warring parties.

they're still bastards for supporting saddam's efforts to split the world so they and he could make money. they're still liars for being dishonest to us and the world about their intentions. but... their military isn't nearly as bad as you claim it to be and they are still our ally, it will just take a while for the divisions over iraq to heal. they're supporting us in afghanistan as well, and their troops are about the best NATO has over there.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Did Chirac or Putin?

You know, this brings up an interesting point. THe people running the funeral(million dollar funeral funded by us) won't allow any left leaning politicians or citizens to attend. Im willing to bet they won't allow Putin or Chirac inside either because of their status.

Of course, South Korea's dispatch of troops to "help" America has absolutely nothing to do with seeking our favor in the event of a showdown with North Korea.

;)

Originally posted by Xenimus
You know, this brings up an interesting point. THe people running the funeral(million dollar funeral funded by us) won't allow any left leaning politicians or citizens to attend. Im willing to bet they won't allow Putin or Chirac inside either because of their status.

Flame away, for now.

Kennedy, Gore, Clinton, and the all time loser: Carter

Forum List

Back