Guess who's defending Kerry?

krisy said:
Maybe you guessed it...John McCain! I really don't know where this guy falls in politics,and I don't think he does either. How does he know these vets aren't telling the truth?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128123,00.html

:scratch:

John McCain is a Democrat in Republican clothing. That's why he couldn't get the nomination during the last primary. It doesn't take a great deal of research to figure out McCain's leftist leanings.

But while I have little regard for McCain's politics, I still respect him as a person. On the other hand, I pretty much despise everything about kerry.

Merlin1047 said:
John McCain is a Democrat in Republican clothing. That's why he couldn't get the nomination during the last primary. It doesn't take a great deal of research to figure out McCain's leftist leanings.

But while I have little regard for McCain's politics, I still respect him as a person. On the other hand, I pretty much despise everything about kerry.

You ain't kiddin!!! I used to like him a lot,but at this point wonder if he is bitter toward Bush for beating him out. I have nothing but respect for his service,but he drives me nuts!! He is way to back and forth. Maybe that is why he supports Kerry at times!!

krisy said:
Maybe you guessed it...John McCain! I really don't know where this guy falls in politics,and I don't think he does either. How does he know these vets aren't telling the truth?

It is because he too is a Vet from that era. I am not so certain that all this whoopla about Viet Nam is the right way to go. There are allot of scars within the nation over that war. This smeat being put on by the Swifties, wheter true or not has no place in politics. I hope Bush's campaign stays out of it.

HGROKIT said:
This smeat being put on by the Swifties, wheter true or not has no place in politics. I hope Bush's campaign stays out of it.

I THINK I disagree (given the fact that I have no idea what a "smeat" is, I will approach this with caution).

John Kerry is touting himself as a war hero as a means of convincing the electorate to vote for him. Kerry has made his service an issue. He has accused Bush of hiding in the National Guard and of shirking his duty by failing to report for the requisite number of drills.

The only person who is responsible for the furor of kerry's service, or lack thereof, is kerry himself. I believe that the discussion of his Viet Nam escapade is legitimate because it graphically displays kerry's lack of ethics.

Merlin1047 said:
I THINK I disagree (given the fact that I have no idea what a "smeat" is, I will approach this with caution).

John Kerry is touting himself as a war hero as a means of convincing the electorate to vote for him. Kerry has made his service an issue. He has accused Bush of hiding in the National Guard and of shirking his duty by failing to report for the requisite number of drills.

The only person who is responsible for the furor of kerry's service, or lack thereof, is kerry himself. I believe that the discussion of his Viet Nam escapade is legitimate because it graphically displays kerry's lack of ethics.

I agree with the above, coupled with the fact that Kerry has chosen to wrap it around himself.

Kerry has definitely wrapped himself in it and should have known better. Nothing at all wrong with being proud to be a vet,and I believe it is a very important aspect of someone running for President,but to harp on it so much makes it seem to political. I knew it would come back to slap him in the face. He is getting naty,and one of the guys form the ad was on Hannity and Colmes tonight and didn't look like he was lying to me. I realize that means nothing,but I haven't heard too much from the Kerry camp other than threats to t.v. stations and threats to try censorship.

What else does Kerry have to brag about? :dunno: (evidently not his Senate record)

His rich wives? :D

ScreamingEagle said:
What else does Kerry have to brag about? :dunno: (evidently not his Senate record)

His rich wives? :D

Hmmmm....his ability to flip-flop so quickly? Maybe his ablity to take a stanse on an issue,but take both sides at the same time.

:smoke:

krisy said:

I think McCain is doing this for 2 reasons.

1)While i disagree with almost everything he has advocated politically he does seem to want to raise the rhetoric in politics, this despite the fact that everything he has proposed and passed has done the exact opposite of what he wants.

2)I think he may just not want Vietnam to be a very hot topic. he didnt have the best experience in vietnam and probably doesnt want to be reminded what his captors did to the POWs like him because of rhetoric from Kerry and his pals.

I still think we need someone to run against McCain. He does have a descent book though. I highly recommend it for a read, mainly because its about the courage of his fellow soldiers. the only part i got frustrated reading was his statements about all politcians lying and being corrupt. if he is corrupt and a liar he should step down.

Forum List

Back