Guess who's coming for your job

Automated answering systems are already in place to handle routine requests such as password resets and account balances. I am anticipating that long distance truck drivers will be phased out with automation. Farm labor for fruit and vegetable picking is likely to be another candidate.

However, as with factory automation, there will be a need for service and repair since machines do break down.

I thought the answer was going to be either "Obama" or "illegals."

Or that some enterprising soul would combine the two. :(

Automated answering systems are already in place to handle routine requests such as password resets and account balances. I am anticipating that long distance truck drivers will be phased out with automation. Farm labor for fruit and vegetable picking is likely to be another candidate.

However, as with factory automation, there will be a need for service and repair since machines do break down.
In other words, skilled labor will still flourish, unskilled manual labor will continue to be phased out as it has been since the invention of the internal combustion engine.

In other words, skilled labor will still flourish, unskilled manual labor will continue to be phased out as it has been since the invention of the internal combustion engine.

People need a skill to sell. That is the essence of employment.

Luckily, I cannot be replaced by automation.

But you can still be replaced! :D

Anyone can be replaced. But as long as I continue to do good work, they'll have no need.

Anyone can be replaced. But as long as I continue to do good work, they'll have no need.

That depends, if you can be replaced with someone who can do the same work for less pay...

That depends, if you can be replaced with someone who can do the same work for less pay...

Someone who will work for less that doesn't know the company, the crews, and the system as well? If they see that as an improvement, more power to them. But it will not be automation that replaces me.

Forum List

Back