guess who wasn't invited?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Among the guests at the royal wedding was pop star Elton John (without his boyfriend though) and soccer star Dave Beckham but the (former) leader of the free world wasn't invited. That's right, The B. Hussein Obama's weren't invited and neither was Joan Rivers.

Among the guests at the royal wedding was pop star Elton John (without his boyfriend though) and soccer star Dave Beckham but the (former) leader of the free world wasn't invited. That's right, The B. Hussein Obama's weren't invited and neither was Joan Rivers.

I beg to differ. Elton John's significant other was right by his side. Obie wan and Sarkozy were absent yep.

He's the former leader already?

Was there a coup last night and I slept through it again? You guys should really wake me up for these things.

Was there a coup last night and I slept through it again? You guys should really wake me up for these things.

You can hardly call the president a leader. More like an apologist and community activist in charge of turning the US into a 3rd world country.

You can hardly call the president a leader. More like an apologist and community activist in charge of turning the US into a 3rd world country.

Like it or not, he's the leader of the United States, and thus the free world.

You can call him a poor leader all day long, thats fine. But he is the leader.

Like it or not, he's the leader of the United States, and thus the free world.

You can call him a poor leader all day long, thats fine. But he is the leader.

You are entirely correct but shit is still shit and no matter what you call it, it smells.

Was it a political event?

Many Heads of State were indeed invited.

Were they Commonwealth heads of state? They would be expected to come....how about others?

Last edited:
Good thing Obama wasn't invited....

We would have had to endure dozens of threads about Obama ignoring hundreds of tornado victims while he jets off to the royal wedding

Just so we clear this up, because William is not first in line to the throne, his wedding was not a State Occasion. Therefore, there was no political expediency for our POTUS to be invited. Having said that, if Obama had not offended the Brits constantly since he took office, it is highly likely that - as the UK's closest alley - he would have been invited. It was a snub, but not an overt one.

Just so we clear this up, because William is not first in line to the throne, his wedding was not a State Occasion. Therefore, there was no political expediency for our POTUS to be invited. Having said that, if Obama had not offended the Brits constantly since he took office, it is highly likely that - as the UK's closest alley - he would have been invited. It was a snub, but not an overt one.

Obama has a state visit to Britain in May.

Obama has a state visit to Britain in May.

You clearly don't get my point. Of course, as our alley, there will be visits. There is a difference between an official state visit and the friendly invite from one country to another to an unofficial state occasion - such as the wedding was.

Fact remains, if the Brits felt that we still had a 'special relationship', the Obamas would have been invited.

Poor Tony Blair wasn't invited either....saved his wife from having to wear a silly hat

Poor Tony Blair wasn't invited either....saved his wife from having to wear a silly hat

Nor was Gordon Brown. Might have had something to do with him and Blair being Labourites, which aren't too warm and fuzzy about the monarchy, unlike the Tories. On that note, all surviving Tory PMs were there, including the incumbent.

New Topics

Forum List

Back