Guess who was in my neighborhood today?

This guy!

aZZkpMt.jpg

vhbL29F.png
Interesting that your trees have full foliage this time of year, without a single leaf turned...

One of the canoe trips we went on we were watching a bird "dive bomb" down at the river for food, here is an excerpt from my tale of the trip:

We reached the first good campsite about 2 pm on a wide, shallow section of the river right before it narrows into a rock garden trough where we fell out the first trip we took here. The campsite was a nice grassy knoll above the rivers generating level, and resembled someone’s yard. Unfortunately the campers who had stopped there before us had left a lot of trash, mostly paper cups and plates and about 400,000 empty beer cans and wine bottles. Connie and I bagged it all up and put it aside. We would have taken it out with us but did not have room on the canoe.

We then set up camp. I put up our four man Kelty tent with the rain fly, which would be very much needed later, while Connie fished. I don’t really like to fish. We had dinner and watched a large hawk like bird dive down to the river trying to catch its dinner. Unfortunately some thing under the water caught the bird and ate it, while the bird howled desperately. Poor thing. We went to bed about 9:30 and listened to coyotes howling in the distance.

Forum List

Back