Guess who the tariff's are hurting the most??? There is a GOD!!

I had to buy a battery for my truck tonight. I was stranded at a parking lot. Luckily, about 200 yds away was an Autozone. I purchased their cheapest battery for it. A year ago, that same battery would have been 48 bucks. But due to the Tariffs, it cost me 99 bucks. China did not pay for that extra 50 bucks, I paid that extra 50 bucks. China is NOT paying for it, the US Citizens are paying for it. We are involved in a Taxation without Representation. Didn't we fight a war over that a few hundred years ago?

Hmmm, batteries have been over 100 bucks for quite a number of years. I would like to see your receipt

I don't pay retail. Haven't for years. If I am paying 99 bucks for a battery, you are going to pay at least a 150 for the same battery.

I don't pay retail either. Your claim however, is still bullshit. Car battery prices have been well over 100 bucks, wholesale, for years.

If the battery is 99 bucks Retail, that means with a 40 markup, the wholesale price is around 49. That's not 40 percent. That's now how a 40 markup works. But since you have never had the background I don't expect you to understand. I would have bought a better battery for 79 bucks wholesale. But, short on cash, I needed a battery now and from the store I purchased it from. At the end of the month, I get the battery I really need and I very well may have to pay 99 bucks for it wholesale but the warren-tee is for 6 years not 3 months like the one I had to purchase. But it will give me a spare in the Shed for emergencies.

Show your receipt. I just had to buy a truck battery my own self, like a week ago, and it was 140 bucks retail. I got it for less, but that's the base retail price.

What you described in your initial lie was a 100% increase in price, which is ridiculous.

When you have a 50% tariff at the shore, by the time it gets to the retail store it's going to be right around 100% price increase. I don't expect you to understand supply economics.

I am glad to work surrounded by the best avocados. Mexican avos are the worst.
Some idiot responded to this thread back in June saying the farmers should just suck it up, as they should only be producing for the American Market. I don't know where these hardcore right-wing people come from.
They're obviously just a bunch of stinky old clueless farts that have been hanging out here 1/4-1/2 of their rotten ass lives.
The only thing they know how to grow is the mold between their ears.
Those farmers that sit around collecting Trump welfare sound like they need some alternatives besides waiting for Trumps amazing deal making skills. What they lost will most likely never be recovered. I'm sure they secretly say to each other is they got fucked. Big time.
Dufus, I hope you enjoyed the bacon, eggs, milk, corn, beans and post toasties. You can thank the farmers, Big Don closed the markets to, you ungrateful ass. They are Americans. Are you?
You got me all wrong there panty boy.
if I mistook your previous reply, you have my apologies. Panty boy, hmn. That a decent two word short insult. I' use it sometime.
Fair enough and cool.

Forum List

Back