Guess Who Is Not "Shutting Up"?

menewa said:
I understand that soldiers in a dangerous war zone make mistakes and innocent people are slain. It points to the bigger folly of stationing troops for long periods of time in places intermingled with civilians and suicidal zealots. Just like in Vietnam, at first the war was fought with some kind of honor. But over time, as soldiers saw cases of children and women blowing themselves up on troops, they became more and more likely to fire indiscriminately.

The longer our troops are forced to stay in such a confusing situation, the more times things like this will happen. Just imagine what this does to the mind of a young soldier. An 18-year-old kid who barely has anny pubes accidentally blows up an innocent. This happens every day, it is the folly of warfare.

The only reason we are even hearinf about this friendly fire death is because thee people involved were westerners. This war is over, saddam is capturedd, his sons are dead, let our sons and daughters come home.
So, in the end, the Vietnam war was fought without honor??? I might disagree with that.

I am not so sure the blame lies soley with the soldiers in this case either. Obviously the woman has an agenda and it sure seems to me like she is exploiting a situation to further that agenda. The fact that the soldiers fired on a vehicle they thought contained terrorists makes it pretty clear to me that something was amiss. I happen to KNOW for a fact that soldiers do not generally fire at ANYONE just for the heck of it.

Forum List

Back