Guess Who is Father of the Year.....

you mean like he's always been there for her?

Well sure!! How silly of me! That's the reason he rises heads above all the thousands of amazing fathers out there!

Now you're starting to get it...:D

:badgrin: I am so very grateful that the men/fathers I have known have a higher bar than some of you do for fathers. To me a father sets by example and that including respecting the Mom and the truth. He did his young daughter wrong back then. None of us will ever fully know what hell he put her emotional state through at that tender age but for anyone to validate that he deserves this award speaks volumes about low bar setting imo.

I assume it is for 2012 not 1997....:cool:
A lot of water under the bridge since then...

Still what the hell did he do as a father that is so special that makes him beat out every other possible choice for this award? Seriously.

Who were the other choices?

I honestly don't know but I could make some jokes if you like.:badgrin:

Hey I don't think the guy is evil but father of the year? Come on.

Aaaw you know the devil is in the details Doc. Give some up.:D

I assume it is for 2012 not 1997....:cool:
A lot of water under the bridge since then...

Still what the hell did he do as a father that is so special that makes him beat out every other possible choice for this award? Seriously.

maybe they liked her essay?

reality check: the same question could have been asked about any recipient of the award. you should really stop angsting over it.

Well sure!! How silly of me! That's the reason he rises heads above all the thousands of amazing fathers out there!

:badgrin: I am so very grateful that the men/fathers I have known have a higher bar than some of you do for fathers. To me a father sets by example and that including respecting the Mom and the truth. He did his young daughter wrong back then. None of us will ever fully know what hell he put her emotional state through at that tender age but for anyone to validate that he deserves this award speaks volumes about low bar setting imo.

aren't you special :rolleyes:

p.s. HE didn't put her through anything... if the right cared about that, they wouldn't have made his personal business a public issue in the first place.

Last edited:

aren't you special :rolleyes:

p.s. HE didn't put her through anything... if the right cared about that, they wouldn't have made his personal business a public issue in the first place.

I am. Don't hate me for expecting more of fathers than maybe you might. :tongue:

The right should have hushed up his flucking around in the Oval office? Come on Jillian, its politics out there. The left hangs the right, the right hangs the left.

Last edited:
Tell me exactly why do you support this award to him as a father?

Still curious about what PJ's answer to that will be.

i know i said it on one of the myriad BS threads on this topic, but just because someone is a bad husband doesn't mean he's a bad father.

and from everything i now about them, he's been a great father and she adores him.

And a daughter loving her dad qualifies him for father of the year over the myriad possible options?

There are a lot worse fathers out there, but men who show their daughters how they deserve to be treated by treating their own wives well are still in the queue ahead of Clinton.

Um cheating on your Mom and creating the sleazy embarrassing scandal he did at that point in her young life makes him a very distant runner up for this crackerjack award imo.

and yet chelsea adores him.

you do realize this was a lifetime ago for her, right?

it only ever should have been the business of his wife.

Unfortunately, the classless bozo that he is, he made it the business of the entire world.

no. he didn't. linda tripp and lucianne goldberg did... followed by ken starr who spent 70 million dollars of our tax money investigating only to end up with a blue dress.

Tell me exactly why do you support this award to him as a father?

Because he is a good father??

There are hundreds of millions of fathers at least as good as Bill Clinton. Why did he stand out for the honor?

1. he has a huge approval rating (notwithstanding the continued rightwing hysteria fifteen years later)

2. if, as i suspect, a father is submitted for consideration by his kid(s), then i would think whatever committee it was, getting a letter from chelsea clinton would be compelling. and again, she adores him. i know that sucks for rightwingers. but well, we all love our dads. i just never thought to submit mine for consideration.

maybe i will...

Who were the other choices?

I honestly don't know but I could make some jokes if you like.:badgrin:

Hey I don't think the guy is evil but father of the year? Come on.

Clinton simply does not meet the standard, "according to the Council, the awards recognize leaders whose 'lives are dedicated to family, citizenship, charity, civility, responsibility and reverence.” Unless he remembered to say please and thank you to Monica and gave her a healthy "tip" for a job well done.

Then again this award seems to be on the same level as a Hallmark holiday.

President Clinton is popular worldwide. Cons are pissed because no Conservatives are so popular .. wonder why.

That's irrelevant to the choice as FOTY of someone who has sex with women he is a position of power over who are young enough to be his daughter.

He's popular. He deserves some recognition. But FOTY? I don't go around posting "what is the world coming to?" everyday. But when a person who was unfaithful to his wife and who made parents have to explain to their children what oral sex was and why it was in the news is called FOTY, that's messed up.

NONE of that occurred this past year, which is the time frame the award covers. Only a nut would vote Clinton Father of the 90's , but what happened 15 + years ago is irrelevant to a yearly award

Not to mention the obvious fact that this award is one group's OPINION, nothing more.

What a minute.....after all of Clinton's exploits "Father Of The Year" to whom?

Bill-Clinton-at-DNC-010.jpg

and yet chelsea adores him.

you do realize this was a lifetime ago for her, right?

it only ever should have been the business of his wife.

Unfortunately, the classless bozo that he is, he made it the business of the entire world.

no. he didn't. linda tripp and lucianne goldberg did... followed by ken starr who spent 70 million dollars of our tax money investigating only to end up with a blue dress.

But a GOP Senator tapping his foot in an airport mens room....

President Clinton is popular worldwide. Cons are pissed because no Conservatives are so popular .. wonder why.

That's irrelevant to the choice as FOTY of someone who has sex with women he is a position of power over who are young enough to be his daughter.

He's popular. He deserves some recognition. But FOTY? I don't go around posting "what is the world coming to?" everyday. But when a person who was unfaithful to his wife and who made parents have to explain to their children what oral sex was and why it was in the news is called FOTY, that's messed up.

NONE of that occurred this past year, which is the time frame the award covers. Only a nut would vote Clinton Father of the 90's , but what happened 15 + years ago is irrelevant to a yearly award

Not to mention the obvious fact that this award is one group's OPINION, nothing more.

Well, if you're going to take the tack that he deserves it for recent fatherly actions, then please try to help explain what it is about his current status as a father of a single long-grown daughter which makes him more qualified for the award than hundreds of millions of other men who have children they are actively fathering.

Forum List

Back