Guess What Time It Is Boys & Girls? It's VETO Time!

The Original Tree

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2016
OHIO
I personally think it is time to end term limits for The Presidency, and place them on The Senate and House.

Senate votes to block Trump’s border emergency declaration, in bipartisan rebuke teeing up veto

Senate Republicans joined their Democratic colleagues on Thursday in voting to block President Trump’s border emergency declaration -- a move that will prompt the president's first-ever veto.

“I’m going to be voting in favor of the resolution of disapproval,” Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, told reporters ahead of the vote. “This is a constitutional question, it’s a question of the balance of power that is core to our constitution.”

“This is not about the president or border security, in fact I support border security, I support a barrier,” he said.

The other Republicans who voted to oppose the declaration were Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah; Rob Portman, R-Ohio; Susan Collins, R-Maine; Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska; Marco Rubio, R-Fla.; Rand Paul, R-Ky.; Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.; Roger Wicker, R-Miss.; Roy Blunt, R-Mo.; Jerry Moran, R-Kan.; and Pat Toomey, R-Pa.

You think term limits are bad for POTUS?

Der Fuhrer Drumpf would likely agree wit ya.

I personally think it is time to end term limits for The Presidency, and place them on The Senate and House.

Senate votes to block Trump’s border emergency declaration, in bipartisan rebuke teeing up veto

Senate Republicans joined their Democratic colleagues on Thursday in voting to block President Trump’s border emergency declaration -- a move that will prompt the president's first-ever veto.

“I’m going to be voting in favor of the resolution of disapproval,” Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, told reporters ahead of the vote. “This is a constitutional question, it’s a question of the balance of power that is core to our constitution.”

“This is not about the president or border security, in fact I support border security, I support a barrier,” he said.

The other Republicans who voted to oppose the declaration were Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah; Rob Portman, R-Ohio; Susan Collins, R-Maine; Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska; Marco Rubio, R-Fla.; Rand Paul, R-Ky.; Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.; Roger Wicker, R-Miss.; Roy Blunt, R-Mo.; Jerry Moran, R-Kan.; and Pat Toomey, R-Pa.
Good.

The E-Dec is bullshit. I don't care how worthy the cause.

we need to keep term limits on the president and impose them on house and senate

A legitimate and enjoyable veto is on the horizon. Americans are celebrating a president who tells the rest of the government, especially the opposition who NEVER vote for anything pro-America, "America is back, this is why I was elected".

A legitimate and enjoyable veto is on the horizon. Americans are celebrating a president who tells the rest of the government, especially the opposition who NEVER vote for anything pro-America, "America is back, this is why I was elected".
ready for the whipass on the swamp?????

Very well said....This is awesome actually, it exposes the piece of shits in the Senate that are scared shitless to tackle the immigration issue...The nutless fucks much prefer to continue kicking the can down the road and operating under status quo. Trumps says...FUCK THAT, and so do all good, real Americans.

Very well said....This is awesome actually, it exposes the piece of shits in the Senate that are scared shitless to tackle the immigration issue...The nutless fucks much prefer to continue kicking the can down the road and operating under status quo. Trumps says...FUCK THAT, and so do all good, real Americans.

Their wealthy donors want more cheap labor that they don't have to provide healthcare for. Simply hire illegals for below minimum wage with no benefits and let the taxpayers pay for their healthcare.

I bet Obama wishes he never said this...

quote-i-ve-got-a-pen-and-i-ve-got-a-phone-and-i-can-use-that-pen-to-sign-executive-orders-barack-obama-117-94-18.jpg

...except President Trump has Twitter. He doesn't need a stinking phone.

The longer a chief executive holds power, the more the delineation between the state and the ruling party becomes blurred. A third term erodes the balance of power and weakens the authority of the legislative branch and judiciary. A US president hold tremendous power and his ability to wield that power increases with the time in office.

The Border Emergency Declaration was a political maneuver designed to keep the issue on the front pages - and it is working. The argument that it sets a precedent for future Democrat presidents is bogus - they will do whatever they want anyway. (Just as Harry Reid did with the "nuclear option.")

With the way The Courts have lifetime appointments, Congress and Senate more or less can be lifetime

The President should be able to server at least 3-4 terms.

we need to keep term limits on the president and impose them on house and senate

Wrong.

The courts and libtards will still try to stop him from signing EOs, from firing people,and launch endless investigations to stop the president from doing his job.

The longer a chief executive holds power, the more the delineation between the state and the ruling party becomes blurred. A third term erodes the balance of power and weakens the authority of the legislative branch and judiciary. A US president hold tremendous power and his ability to wield that power increases with the time in office.

I remember a couple of decades ago or so there was a proposal for a President to have one 6 year term and then move on.

At the rate he's going, there might not even be a need for a second Trump term. With the exception of a few things he couldn't get done because of an obstructive Congress, he's on track for accomplishing far more than he promised. Not everyone realizes it, especially those on the left. But what Trump has done over the last two years was to literally change the cellular structure of this country's government.

This is not the same country it was two years ago, or four years ago, and much of what he has done is irreversible. I would have no problem with Trump letting the next Republican take over, as long as he's as hard-core conservative as Trump has been. Mike Pence would be a good choice to see President Trump's legacy through to completion.

Maybe two 6 year terms

The Problem isn’t The President, it’s the fact that The House and Senate have gradually granted themselves more and more power over the years while undermining The Presidents Power.

The courts as well as Congress also never felt it was their role to challenge Executive Orders unless it was obvious they were violating The Constitution.

Now The Courts are continually challenging and delaying The Implementation of Executive Orders and so is Congress.

EOs are not Law, and many of them have an expiration date or can be overturned through legislation.

Prime Example: The DACA EO had an Expiration Date. The Court Forcibly Extended it. The Court has NO JURISDICTION to extend that EO.

The Courts also are overstepping their authority in matters of legislation even altering legislation at will.

Prime Example: The Unconstitutional ruling on Obamacare. So Court appointments need rolled back and there needs to be a mandatory retirement age for them.

I want to see more balance between the theee branches.

Lastly The Power or Bureacrats needs to be cut back, and reigned in.

I remember a couple of decades ago or so there was a proposal for a President to have one 6 year term and then move on.

Last edited:
The Border Emergency Declaration was a political maneuver designed to keep the issue on the front pages - and it is working. The argument that it sets a precedent for future Democrat presidents is bogus - they will do whatever they want anyway. (Just as Harry Reid did with the "nuclear option.")
And when did the last democrat president declared a national emergency in order to take 5 billion in funds for a project congress refused to fund. If Trump can declare a national emergency to build a wall then the next democrat president can certainly declare climate change, health cost, college costs, ect an emergency and fund spending needed with Homeland Security funds or Defense Funds, ect.

Forum List

Back