Guess what the most popular job in America is.

R

rdean

Somewhere along the way the U.S. became a nation of truck drivers

MW-DF107_common_20150209085928_ZH.jpg

That’s what research conducted by National Public Radio, which recently mapped out the most common jobs in each U.S. state, has revealed. And as of last year, in a majority of states, truck driving is the most popular job category. The NPR interactive map shows how the landscape for employment has changed across the nation from 1978, when farmers, secretaries and machine operators ruled the roost, to 2014, when truck driving emerged as No. 1.

-----------------------

One has to wonder how long those jobs will be available.

It's a 50,000-pound semi. And, now it's self-driving

Self driving trucks are going to hit us like, well, a semi.

Automated farming: good news for food security, bad news for job security?

For countries in the industrial world, this growing automation probably means the continued decline of rural life. The issue of labour is even more important for the economies of the global south, where there are fewer urban job opportunities. In those countries, technologies that take labour out of the fields may undermine efforts to reduce poverty and enhance development.

2015-09-18-1442588854-7143791-Cow1new.jpg

Machines that even find the nipples.

---------------------------------------------
automated farming - Google Search

Check out this link. Along the top are buttons that will take you to pictures of actual automation in different industries.
Mining
Dairy
Poultry
Sugar and more.

-----------------------------------------

Republicans aren't prepared for any of this. They believe science is a faith. I was just accused of that last night. That science is my faith. And asked, what do you do when science is proven wrong. How can you answer such a question? It doesn't make sense. Then you have Republicans who will mock the role of science. What does science have to do with self driving trucks, automating dairy farms, automating manufacturing. Technology is built on the foundation of science. For anti science Republicans, they are going to lose every way possible. Sorry about that. Full speed ahead.

The sad part here are all the right wingers who truly believe Trump will bring back jobs. My question to USMB Republicans is, "Can you describe and name the jobs?" Why bother asking. All they will say is "Oh the butthurt". It's not my butt that gonna get reamed.

Derp still all mad and shit
Still an idiot tard aren't you.

You would think that providing reputable links would mute your kind. Turns out I was wrong. Facts only inflame your kind. I notice you couldn't spew a single word of denial. Pitiful, just pitiful.

When semi's are self driving, I will never get on the freeway again. And that's a fact. Those damned things make me nervous enough with a driver.

You would think that providing reputable links would mute your kind. Turns out I was wrong. Facts only inflame your kind. I notice you couldn't spew a single word of denial. Pitiful, just pitiful.

My husband is an attorney, Derp when your precious science and self driving 50,000 pound rigs fail we'll be rolling in the money from lawsuits :woohoo:

By the way..you inflame me? No....:itsok:

My husband is an attorney, Derp when your precious science and self driving 50,000 pound rigs fail we'll be rolling in the money from lawsuits :woohoo:

It's not just trucks nitwit.

Your kind is complaining that Trump isn't yet in office and is expected to already be doing "things". Give him time. Well, it doesn't work that way.
He should already have plans. It's ok to make it up as you go along when campaigning, but you do that as president? George Bush did it and we know how that worked out.

47% Of All Jobs Will Be Automated By 2034, And ‘No Government Is Prepared’ Says Economist

It's not just trucks, it's nearly half of all jobs. With AI, any repetitive job can be automated. And the robots and other automated machines will be cheaper and less expensive. Trump scammed his minions. He doesn't have any plans. He doesn't even see the problems. No Republicans do. They are anti science. They want education to be controlled at the local level so they can teach their children Noah's Ark as "history". They are going to be so disappointed. You can see it from a mile away. It's speeding towards you like a driverless semi.

Your kind is complaining that Trump isn't yet in office and is expected to already be doing "things". Give him time. Well, it doesn't work that way.
He should already have plans. It's ok to make it up as you go along when campaigning, but you do that as president? George Bush did it and we know how that worked out.

47% Of All Jobs Will Be Automated By 2034, And ‘No Government Is Prepared’ Says Economist

It's not just trucks, it's nearly half of all jobs. With AI, any repetitive job can be automated. And the robots and other automated machines will be cheaper and less expensive. Trump scammed his minions. He doesn't have any plans. He doesn't even see the problems. No Republicans do. They are anti science. They want education to be controlled at the local level so they can teach their children Noah's Ark as "history". They are going to be so disappointed. You can see it from a mile away. It's speeding towards you like a driverless semi.

You're getting annoying, Derpy. You lost....deal with it

That’s what research conducted by National Public Radio, which recently mapped out the most common jobs in each U.S. state, has revealed. And as of last year, in a majority of states, truck driving is the most popular job category. The NPR interactive map shows how the landscape for employment has changed across the nation from 1978, when farmers, secretaries and machine operators ruled the roost, to 2014, when truck driving emerged as No. 1.

-----------------------

For countries in the industrial world, this growing automation probably means the continued decline of rural life. The issue of labour is even more important for the economies of the global south, where there are fewer urban job opportunities. In those countries, technologies that take labour out of the fields may undermine efforts to reduce poverty and enhance development.

Check out this link. Along the top are buttons that will take you to pictures of actual automation in different industries.
Mining
Dairy
Poultry
Sugar and more.

Republicans aren't prepared for any of this. They believe science is a faith. I was just accused of that last night. That science is my faith. And asked, what do you do when science is proven wrong. How can you answer such a question? It doesn't make sense. Then you have Republicans who will mock the role of science. What does science have to do with self driving trucks, automating dairy farms, automating manufacturing. Technology is built on the foundation of science. For anti science Republicans, they are going to lose every way possible. Sorry about that. Full speed ahead.

The sad part here are all the right wingers who truly believe Trump will bring back jobs. My question to USMB Republicans is, "Can you describe and name the jobs?" Why bother asking. All they will say is "Oh the butthurt". It's not my butt that gonna get reamed.

Well seeing you believe Trump is the anti-Christ any answer to you will be ignored because you believe women that pose in pictures when they were not married are worst than a man that was caught by the FBI sexting with minors...

I mean why discuss trying to spur small business when those like you would prefer the government to run every aspect of your life?

Why discuss the wage of a truck driver and the lack of education needed versus the amount of years needed to become a Doctor, RN, Engineer or even a Cop?

No, it seem you want to dictate to those that voted for Trump that they failed the American people but what you have failed many times over is to understand Trump was elected because your political party failed on their promises and the ones they kept ( like the ACA ) has also turned into a failure allowing companies to cut hours and forcing Americans to pay for insurance premiums or be fined...

Yeah, so let discuss the job growth and let also discuss the job loss and the mere fact that during President Obama admin I have seen Nurses brought here from the Phils while President Obama allowed them to replace American workers for lower wage Nurses...

No let not focus on your political party failure because if you did then you would realize what a waste of life you are...

In fact the reason why your candidate lost the Electoral College is simple and that is because of those clueless morons like you that support NAFTA and bad trade deals while also support regulations and a tax system that would choke small business to death!

You support the government tit lifestyle because that is all you have known all your life. You claim to be from Chicago and I was from there too and will tell you I made as much money washing windows as I have made working in Engineering and Medical fields...

People need to learn if you want to be more than some drone then you need to start your own business but government idiots like you will never do this because you believe the Government know more than the common man or woman!

Now fuck off!

When semi's are self driving, I will never get on the freeway again. And that's a fact. Those damned things make me nervous enough with a driver.
I feel what you are saying. But at least they don't fall asleep.

Pointing out what Trump's election will mean to the country is one way with dealing with it. Get your head out your ass. If you have a position, state it. Make the case. You sound like a total fucking idiot with such ignorant statements.

THINK!

Pointing out what Trump's election will mean to the country is one way with dealing with it. Get your head out your ass. If you have a position, state it. Make the case. You sound like a total fucking idiot with such ignorant statements.

THINK!

LOL Look at some tired old fool trying to give me direction. Here's a hint for ya, Derp...I think you're an idiot

320 used to talk about this. I think it's been coming for awhile, which is why the feds are pushing STEM and higher education in the engineering and technology fields. But I'm surprised it is THAT many jobs; I did not know that un-automated manufacturing was still such a huge part of our economy.

-----------------------

Mining
Dairy
Poultry
Sugar and more.

Well seeing you believe Trump is the anti-Christ any answer to you will be ignored because you believe women that pose in pictures when they were not married are worst than a man that was caught by the FBI sexting with minors...

I mean why discuss trying to spur small business when those like you would prefer the government to run every aspect of your life?

Why discuss the wage of a truck driver and the lack of education needed versus the amount of years needed to become a Doctor, RN, Engineer or even a Cop?

No, it seem you want to dictate to those that voted for Trump that they failed the American people but what you have failed many times over is to understand Trump was elected because your political party failed on their promises and the ones they kept ( like the ACA ) has also turned into a failure allowing companies to cut hours and forcing Americans to pay for insurance premiums or be fined...

Yeah, so let discuss the job growth and let also discuss the job loss and the mere fact that during President Obama admin I have seen Nurses brought here from the Phils while President Obama allowed them to replace American workers for lower wage Nurses...

No let not focus on your political party failure because if you did then you would realize what a waste of life you are...

In fact the reason why your candidate lost the Electoral College is simple and that is because of those clueless morons like you that support NAFTA and bad trade deals while also support regulations and a tax system that would choke small business to death!

You support the government tit lifestyle because that is all you have known all your life. You claim to be from Chicago and I was from there too and will tell you I made as much money washing windows as I have made working in Engineering and Medical fields...

People need to learn if you want to be more than some drone then you need to start your own business but government idiots like you will never do this because you believe the Government know more than the common man or woman!

Now fuck off!
First of all asswipe, Obamacare was Romneycare. It's was the GOP's plan from the Heritage Foundation. Obama understood that it was the only plan with a chance of being passed. The Democrat's plan was Single Payer. How likely is that to happen?

You said:

What do you mean lack of education? To be a legal and certified Truck Driver, you need training. That's education. My niece is a truck driver so I know.

The bulk of the jobs of the future are going to be between no education and years of education. Robots aren't going to replace being a plumber or being an electrician. They require training and education.

When did Trump talk about training and education of any kind? His minions expect him to deliver high paying unskilled jobs. That's a fantasy. A bigger scam than Trump University. One Americans have bought in to hook line and sinker. They will have only themselves to blame.

320 used to talk about this. I think it's been coming for awhile, which is why the feds are pushing STEM and higher education in the engineering and technology fields. But I'm surprised it is THAT many jobs; I did not know that un-automated manufacturing was still such a huge part of our economy.
You said:

-------------------------------------

Of course there aren't that many jobs. Remember this?

Obama never said every one should go to college. He said everyone needs education for all kinds of jobs. And he pointed out plumber and electrician among others. This is the problem with Republicans and their hatred and racism. They let that come between the problem and problem solving. And look at that guy in the front row wearing a university jacket.

And to create all that innovation is :

Thursday announced plans to seek federal help in bringing 50,000 immigrants to the bankrupt city over five years as part of a visa program aimed at those with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in science, business or the arts.

Under the plan, which is expected to be formally submitted to federal authorities soon, immigrants would be required to live and work in Detroit, a city that has fallen to 700,000 residents from 1.8 million in the 1950s.

Snip

Under Mr. Snyder’s proposal, 5,000 immigrants would be granted visas in the first year to live and work in Detroit, under a program known as EB-2, in which federal authorities are permitted to grant a maximum of 40,040 such visas nationwide each year. Over the following four years, the number of visas for Detroit-based immigrants with advanced degrees or exceptional ability would go up, ending with 15,000 in the fifth year.

Mr. Snyder said demand already exists for experts in fields like engineering, technology and health care. And he noted that Michigan colleges and universities are home to tens of thousands of international students — many of whom, he said, ought not depart after graduation

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/24/us/immigrants-seen-as-way-to-refill-detroit-ranks.html

Thursday announced plans to seek federal help in bringing 50,000 immigrants to the bankrupt city over five years as part of a visa program aimed at those with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in science, business or the arts.

Under the plan, which is expected to be formally submitted to federal authorities soon, immigrants would be required to live and work in Detroit, a city that has fallen to 700,000 residents from 1.8 million in the 1950s.

Snip

Under Mr. Snyder’s proposal, 5,000 immigrants would be granted visas in the first year to live and work in Detroit, under a program known as EB-2, in which federal authorities are permitted to grant a maximum of 40,040 such visas nationwide each year. Over the following four years, the number of visas for Detroit-based immigrants with advanced degrees or exceptional ability would go up, ending with 15,000 in the fifth year.

Mr. Snyder said demand already exists for experts in fields like engineering, technology and health care. And he noted that Michigan colleges and universities are home to tens of thousands of international students — many of whom, he said, ought not depart after graduation

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/24/us/immigrants-seen-as-way-to-refill-detroit-ranks.html
I guess we should be studying those countries' school systems, huh? Or whatever is allowing them to crank out these science hounds when we seemingly can't?

Snip

I guess we should be studying those countries' school systems, huh? Or whatever is allowing them to crank out these science hounds when we seemingly can't?
What do you mean we can't.

Those people are coming here because the best schools in the world are in this country. Democrats understand this. Republicans only want to tear higher education down. From the comments on the USMB, they don't even know what college is beyond what they imagine trans gender studies are. I've heard that so many times. Still not sure what they are talking about.
Right wingers also say college is where you go to get drunk and get laid. Well I studied engineering on the GI bill and never went to a single party. Learning engineering is hard work. Those kinds of statements prove who went and who didn't.

Snip

Many of those educated immigrants were educated here.

Republicans have downed the importance of college for so long, their kids have come to believe it. They better get their kids in school or the few that manage to get a job will have bosses who will have accents and not a one a southern drawl.

Forum List

Back