Guess what else causes global warming

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Wind farms.

Usually at night the air closer to the ground becomes colder when the sun goes down and the earth cools. But on huge wind farms the motion of the turbines mixes the air higher in the atmosphere that is warmer, pushing up the overall temperature.

Satellite data over a large area in Texas, that is now covered by four of the world's largest wind farms, found that over a decade the local temperature went up by almost 1C as more turbines are built.

This could have long term effects on wildlife living in the immediate areas of larger wind farms.

It could also affect regional weather patterns as warmer areas affect the formation of cloud and even wind speeds.

Wind farms can cause climate change, finds new study - Telegraph

I guess it is official, our only hope is to deny electricity and transportation to everyone except the lords and ladies who are tasked to keep us safe from climate change. The rest of us can live in huts, or something that doesn't actually cause our breathing to increase the CO2 content of the atmosphere.

Guess what else causes global warming

290px-The_Sun_by_the_Atmospheric_Imaging_Assembly_of_NASA's_Solar_Dynamics_Observatory_-_20100819.jpg

Last edited:
Wind farms.

Usually at night the air closer to the ground becomes colder when the sun goes down and the earth cools. But on huge wind farms the motion of the turbines mixes the air higher in the atmosphere that is warmer, pushing up the overall temperature.

Satellite data over a large area in Texas, that is now covered by four of the world's largest wind farms, found that over a decade the local temperature went up by almost 1C as more turbines are built.

This could have long term effects on wildlife living in the immediate areas of larger wind farms.

It could also affect regional weather patterns as warmer areas affect the formation of cloud and even wind speeds.

I guess it is official, our only hope is to deny electricity and transportation to everyone except the lords and ladies who are tasked to keep us safe from climate change. The rest of us can live in huts, or something that doesn't actually cause our breathing to increase the CO2 content of the atmosphere.
Deniers tell us that man cannot affect the climate, but now suddenly they admit man can affect the climate.

As I have shown over and over, CON$ are on all sides of every issue depending on which way the wind blows at the moment!

Wind farms.

Deniers tell us that man cannot affect the climate, but now suddenly they admit man can affect the climate.

As I have shown over and over, CON$ are on all sides of every issue depending on which way the wind blows at the moment!

Please feel free to go back through my posts and point out where I said man cannot affect the environment.

Go ahead, I have time.

Wind farms.

Please feel free to go back through my posts and point out where I said man cannot affect the environment.

Go ahead, I have time.
So you deny that CON$ say it is pure arrogance to say that man can affect climate change!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4IunAPb-fI]The conservative position on climate change is that man is n - YouTube[/ame]

According to Tom DeLay, the conservative position on climate change is to ignore the science and claim that it is arrogant to suggest that man can affect climate change.

Go ahead, I have time.
So you deny that CON$ say it is pure arrogance to say that man can affect climate change!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4IunAPb-fI"]The conservative position on climate change is that man is n - YouTube[/ame]

According to Tom DeLay, the conservative position on climate change is to ignore the science and claim that it is arrogant to suggest that man can affect climate change.

I deny I say it.

Go ahead, I have time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4IunAPb-fI"]The conservative position on climate change is that man is n - YouTube[/ame]

I deny I say it.
I didn't say YOU said it, that is just your Straw Man.

The conservative position on climate change is that man is n - YouTube

I deny I say it.

This is what you did.

Wind farms.

That, to me, and every other intelligent person, implies that I said that man cannot affect climate.

Ok, the mills mix the air layers. That does not change the overall heat content of the air, only changes the distribution. Now a big coal burning plant creates heat through the oxidization of the coal. So that is heat created. Then it spew CO2 into the air, which increases the amount of heat retained in the atmosphere. For every ton of coal burned, 2 and 1/2 tons of CO2 is created.

Second point, are you going to shut down the big wind mills the ochardists use to mix the air during frost periods?

The big turbines have far less affect on weather than does the burning of fossil fuels.

Wind farms.

ROTFL so you are so stupid that you think trasnsfering energy from location A to B results in both locations total amount of energy increasing.

Wind farms.

ROTFL so you are so stupid that you think trasnsfering energy from location A to B results in both locations total amount of energy increasing.

Ummmm, that is the underlying claim of AGW. You might want to review your statements lest ye be burned at the stake for heresy!

Ok, the mills mix the air layers. That does not change the overall heat content of the air, only changes the distribution. Now a big coal burning plant creates heat through the oxidization of the coal. So that is heat created. Then it spew CO2 into the air, which increases the amount of heat retained in the atmosphere. For every ton of coal burned, 2 and 1/2 tons of CO2 is created.

Second point, are you going to shut down the big wind mills the ochardists use to mix the air during frost periods?

The big turbines have far less affect on weather than does the burning of fossil fuels.

Not a whiff of evidence CO2 causes temps to rise. If there were the temps would be going up continuously...which they aren't. Hanson said they would inexorably go up if CO2 rose higher than his worst case scenario. The CO2 levels have tisen HIGHER than Hanson ever dreamed and looky here, temps have stayed constant for over 10 years.

That there is what we call a FAILED HYPOTHESIS.

I deny I say it.

This is what you did.

Wind farms.

Deniers [PLURAL] tell us that man cannot affect the climate, but now suddenly they admit man can affect the climate.

As I have shown over and over, CON$ [PLURAL] are on all sides of every issue depending on which way the wind blows at the moment!

That, to me, and every other intelligent person, implies that I said [SINGULAR] that man cannot affect climate.
Myself and every other truly intelligent person knows the difference between singular and plural, but since you don't, YOU are NOT PLURAL!!!!

Last edited:

Not a whiff of evidence CO2 causes temps to rise. If there were the temps would be going up continuously...which they aren't. Hanson said they would inexorably go up if CO2 rose higher than his worst case scenario. The CO2 levels have tisen HIGHER than Hanson ever dreamed and looky here, temps have stayed constant for over 10 years.

That there is what we call a FAILED HYPOTHESIS.
That moronically ASSumes that CO2 is the ONLY factor that can affect climate.
Temps ARE going up ALMOST continuously as there are no longer any cooling cycles. We get a warming cycle, then in place of the normal cooling cycle we get a relatively flat cycle, and then the next warm cycle begins at about the same place where the last warm cycle left off.

What happened to "Wider swings"?

Nothing causes more hot air than political campaigns, but I don't think the earth is going to go off its axis because people say stupid stuff.

Wind farms.

I do believe you chicken littles are being mocked. I'm quite certain a nuke plant there would have caused the same effect.

Wind farms.

Did I say that?

This is what you did.

Deniers [PLURAL] tell us that man cannot affect the climate, but now suddenly they admit man can affect the climate.

As I have shown over and over, CON$ [PLURAL] are on all sides of every issue depending on which way the wind blows at the moment!

That, to me, and every other intelligent person, implies that I said [SINGULAR] that man cannot affect climate.
Myself and every other truly intelligent person knows the difference between singular and plural, but since you don't, YOU are NOT PLURAL!!!!

I never said you said I was the only person that said it, just that you said I said it

Forum List

Back