Guess the Price!

$205,200.

Winner is DMP, unless you use Price is Right rules, and then Got Zoom wins.

Here's the promised cookie:

cookie.jpg

ok, seriously, here's the cookie:

F0013702.jpg

I'm in the same boat here in White Plains, NY. I currently pay $1625 for a one bedroom on the 1st floor of a 16 floor building. The normal rent is $1725 but I received a discount since this apartment used to belong to a handicapped individual. There are a couple of bars in the tub, a bar next to the toilet, and the cabinets in the kitchen are lower than normal - oh, and both the kitchen sink and bathroom sink have been cleared out beneath for wheelchair access. :)

Anyway, they are selling the unit on the market for $336k and offering it to me at $301k, and I'll be living in a blanket lined refrigerator box come March 31st. :(

jimnyc said:
I'm in the same boat here in White Plains, NY. I currently pay $1625 for a one bedroom on the 1st floor of a 16 floor building. The normal rent is $1725 but I received a discount since this apartment used to belong to a handicapped individual. There are a couple of bars in the tub, a bar next to the toilet, and the cabinets in the kitchen are lower than normal - oh, and both the kitchen sink and bathroom sink have been cleared out beneath for wheelchair access. :)

Anyway, they are selling the unit on the market for $336k and offering it to me at $301k, and I'll be living in a blanket lined refrigerator box come March 31st. :(

Sorry, Jim.
Would the monthly mortgage be prohibitively more than the rent you are already paying? Totally off the top of my head, I'm thinking that it would be in the neighborhood of, maybe, $2,000-2,100 per month? If you like the place, it would be so much better than paying rent again, especially since it sounds like the price they are offering is below market value. :huddle:

Abbey Normal said:
Sorry, Jim.
Would the monthly mortgage be prohibitively more than the rent you are already paying? Totally off the top of my head, I'm thinking that it would be in the neighborhood of, maybe, $2,000-2,100 per month? If you like the place, it would be so much better than paying rent again, especially since it sounds like the price they are offering is below market value. :huddle:

you could do a reverse mortgage with an adjustable rate just to get in.....i think when i bought my first house for 350k my mortgage was 1500 at 6%

$205K would buy my house about 13 times. So, Clay, if you're looking to move to Texas and you're interested, I'll cut ya a deal. :)

Jimmyeatworld said:
$205K would buy my house about 13 times. So, Clay, if you're looking to move to Texas and you're interested, I'll cut ya a deal. :)

I kinda sorta feel sorry for Easterners...out here I can get a 3 or 4 bedroom house with all the amenities on 1-5 acres in VC Highlands for $250,000.00-$450,000.00...And I think this is way over-priced...just a couple of years ago they went for $99,000 to 165,000...Just waiting for the market to crash and take advantage! :)

I bought my townhome 10 years ago, 130k. They are now selling for $275-305k. Which is not out of line considering that I've almost 2000 sq ft, not including the basement. Single family homes around here start close to the top of my scale, but do not include yard work, roofing, gutters, siding, and fireplace maintainance.

Forum List

Back