Guess The Breed.

Someone got a new pink dress for Christmas...
CC105768-EE33-4896-9411-F7F1BF528BE0.jpeg

“Daddy got my ears done; and all I got, was the cone of shame...”
8D48028F-5DBB-4777-A2B0-83A3A8978334.jpeg
FF82C65B-46F3-4528-A36C-DA1DE963AE57.jpeg

I've had working dogs and the ears don't make the difference when you have a GSD, Dobie or Rottie. The dog makes the difference and the training it has.

I've had working dogs and the ears don't make the difference when you have a GSD, Dobie or Rottie. The dog makes the difference and the training it has.
That’s definitely part of it. But when potential criminals are trying to decide whether or not to scale that fence, or jimmy that window; that visual deterrence is the first line of protection. And a properly docked, and cropped Doberman is universally recognized.

i had dobies without trimmed ears for 30 years....no one challenged them at all...i am a firm believe in docked tails....the ear docking was to keep them from ripping and tearing ear leathers..i do hope they stand

i had dobies without trimmed ears for 30 years....no one challenged them at all...i am a firm believe in docked tails....the ear docking was to keep them from ripping and tearing ear leathers..i do hope they stand
They almost stand already, without the pinning. She has about a week and a half of pinning left and she’ll be good to go.

i think europe outlawed ear trimming.....i know most vets around here wont do it...
I think your right. At least in the UK for sure. Finding a competent Vet to do the surgery correctly is becoming increasingly difficult.

i can see the vets point....fewer breeds are being done...it is hard on the pup.....the chances of the ears not standing....and i imagine its expensive....do they still slap a cardboard guide and cut around it on the pups ear?

i can see the vets point....fewer breeds are being done...it is hard on the pup.....the chances of the ears not standing....and i imagine its expensive....do they still slap a cardboard guide and cut around it on the pups ear?
Not my doctor. The way he does it is like this...
You shave the ears. Then pull the ear forward so the very tip of the ear meets the inside corner of the eye. Then you draw a straight line, from that point to the rear at the base. Then a laser is used to cut, and cauterize the ear. All of this is done while the dog is under anesthesia.
In my dogs, they’ve been back to their normal playful selves within an hour, or two after the anesthesia wears off. It isn’t hard on them at all.

Forum List

Back